Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits 09:41 - Mar 9 with 2322 viewslemongreentea

To me it seems like someone putting too much focus on saving as much money as they can rather than relaxing, spending a bit more and maybe getting more enjoyment out of the football.
The parachute payment seems to be the only item protecting the club from a fall in income which is a result of the mostly dire football that has been served up. All done to death elsewhere I know.
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 11:27 - Mar 9 with 2293 viewscamberwell1

Well there's no point wasting any more now.

We made pathetic signings in the Prem in the January transfer window and we've made plenty this season.

I've no idea whether we have or don't have money = all I know is thank god most of our pretty useless (bar a few exceptions) aren't on long term contracts.
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 12:29 - Mar 9 with 2278 viewsscratchingshed

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 11:27 - Mar 9 by camberwell1

We made pathetic signings in the Prem in the January transfer window and we've made plenty this season.

I've no idea whether we have or don't have money = all I know is thank god most of our pretty useless (bar a few exceptions) aren't on long term contracts.

its just sickening to read it really is how one families greed has managed to kill a football club.
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 15:57 - Mar 9 with 2248 viewsbfcpete

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 11:27 - Mar 9 by camberwell1

Taking into account that BFC have paid many millions in corporation tax on profits over the last few years it does suggest that an alternative and forward thinking strategy could have invested much of that in a new training ground and a decent pitch rather than in the taxman or Quernmore Hall
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 16:18 - Mar 9 with 2235 viewsWizaard

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 15:57 - Mar 9 by bfcpete

Taking into account that BFC have paid many millions in corporation tax on profits over the last few years it does suggest that an alternative and forward thinking strategy could have invested much of that in a new training ground and a decent pitch rather than in the taxman or Quernmore Hall

It's like there's a perverse pride in running down the costs to such an extent that the business is barely viable.

If we went into administration would we really notice that much difference?

At the various BSA fora, both Scratchingshed and myself questioned why so much was being spent on Corporation Tax when surely the infrastructure was crying out for redevelopment, something that would benefit the club over the long term.

Until recently, I was always of the opinion that it was better to keep open the lines of communication because otherwise a seige mentality would develop and things would probably get worse. It's now clear that they were always going to pursue their own course and would only listen when it suited, such as the BSA induced season ticket price reduction.

Seems that the stubborn nature of the owners means that they've backed themsleves into such a corner that they can't now make any positive changes because it will look like they've 'given in to the mob'.

A desperate Catch 22 situation.
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 18:56 - Mar 9 with 2193 viewscamberwell1

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 16:18 - Mar 9 by Wizaard

It's like there's a perverse pride in running down the costs to such an extent that the business is barely viable.

If we went into administration would we really notice that much difference?

At the various BSA fora, both Scratchingshed and myself questioned why so much was being spent on Corporation Tax when surely the infrastructure was crying out for redevelopment, something that would benefit the club over the long term.

Until recently, I was always of the opinion that it was better to keep open the lines of communication because otherwise a seige mentality would develop and things would probably get worse. It's now clear that they were always going to pursue their own course and would only listen when it suited, such as the BSA induced season ticket price reduction.

Seems that the stubborn nature of the owners means that they've backed themsleves into such a corner that they can't now make any positive changes because it will look like they've 'given in to the mob'.

A desperate Catch 22 situation.

ALL CORRECT wIZ
bEING A SHAREHOLDER WHERE'S MY DIVIDEND Karl ?
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 19:11 - Mar 9 with 2185 viewsscratchingshed

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 18:56 - Mar 9 by camberwell1

ALL CORRECT wIZ
bEING A SHAREHOLDER WHERE'S MY DIVIDEND Karl ?

One things for sure Wiz We won't be attending any BSA forums for the foreseeable future.
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 21:16 - Mar 9 with 2152 viewsribble

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 19:11 - Mar 9 by scratchingshed

One things for sure Wiz We won't be attending any BSA forums for the foreseeable future.

It's pretty much incidental now but what was the response to the querying of the Corporation Tax issue?
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 21:36 - Mar 9 with 2145 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

They'll never sell up because even a company losing money is useful to people who own so many different companies as they can then use it as a vehicle to offset tax for any other companies they own that do make profits.

I'm thinking of watching rugby league in future. Started to have enough of all the shite attached to modern day football.
Login to get fewer ads

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 22:14 - Mar 9 with 2138 viewsribble

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 21:36 - Mar 9 by BigHandsOliverKahn

They'll never sell up because even a company losing money is useful to people who own so many different companies as they can then use it as a vehicle to offset tax for any other companies they own that do make profits.

I'm thinking of watching rugby league in future. Started to have enough of all the shite attached to modern day football.

That's possibly one of the saddest things over the whole affair - that the behavior of the Oystons is turning people away from the sport they once loved.

Of course KO would scoff at such melodrama, but it was only this afternoon that I said to one of my work colleagues that, largely because of what has happened at BFC, I'm finding myself seriously questioning the ethics of the modern professional game to such an extent that I'm doubting whether I actually still want to participate as a paying spectator.

Over the last 18 months I've (unconsciously) stopped watching domestic football on TV altogether. That's only a footstep away from not watching the game at all.

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 22:28]
Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 23:10 - Mar 9 with 2116 views1966_and_all_that

Gazette - Blackpool sky high profits on 22:14 - Mar 9 by ribble

That's possibly one of the saddest things over the whole affair - that the behavior of the Oystons is turning people away from the sport they once loved.

Of course KO would scoff at such melodrama, but it was only this afternoon that I said to one of my work colleagues that, largely because of what has happened at BFC, I'm finding myself seriously questioning the ethics of the modern professional game to such an extent that I'm doubting whether I actually still want to participate as a paying spectator.

Over the last 18 months I've (unconsciously) stopped watching domestic football on TV altogether. That's only a footstep away from not watching the game at all.

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 22:28]

It is clear from even the most rudimentary reading of the accounts that for the owners of Blackpool FC, not only does profit come before football but that the football side of the business should be neglected in order to maximise profit. There is a direct causal relationship: Pre-tax profits increase year-on-year by £5.9m; Investment in football-related expenditure (inc. players wages & transfer fees), reduces by £1.2m; loans from the football club to the club's operating company (ie. away from football-related activity), increase by £4m. And all this at a time when the on-field gains made during the Grayson/Parks/Holloway years have given way to a rudderless shambles of a team, going nowhere but down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024