Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completely O/T — Legal Advice 15:48 - Dec 23 with 1347 viewsTelford_QPR

Long term reader but first time poster (Mimolette) and have a purely selfish reason for posting, I’m after some legal advice and have seen some posters previously provide some. I apologise for the length of post but if anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Easiest described in a timeline:

03/08/10 — 6-a-side game of football against a team play in a Monday night league run by Championship Soccer. Rep who runs the particular league has asked the team we were playing if wanted to join as a team had dropped out mid season and there was a space and that we wouldn’t have to pay a joining fee as had already been paid by the team dropping out.
05/08/10 — After dropping an e-mail to rep, his colleague sent us back a joining form, explaining the rep was out of the office but once we completed the form, he would let us know the date and time of 1st fixture.
Week or so later — I rang the office to find out what had happened and was told that they vacancy was a Sunday night and so I declined.
06/09/10 — E-mailed office to find out if there were any vacancies in the future to let me know as I would need to confirm we still had suitable interest — no reply.
24/09/10 — Received an e-mail from rep with complete list of fixtures which included our team. 1st fixture scheduled for 27/09/10.
24/09/10 — Immediately went back stating too short of notice as a few of the original team members could not make Monday’s (myself included as the manager). Resulted in an exchange of e-mails where he informed me that we would be charged with failure to fulfil fixtures. I explained that we had only signed-up for the previous season and had not committed to this season.
04/10/10 — Invoice received for £56 for failure to fulfil fixture. I e-mailed back re-stating the reasons for why I felt we were not responsible and also posted a letter of the e-mail and invoice stating that unless I heard to the contrary, I would assume this matter was closed.
21/12/10 — Final notice for outstanding debt of £81 (dated 13/12/10) stating unless I paid by 23/12/2010, my case would be passed to debt collection agency and Championship Soccer would not have any more contact with me.
21/12/10 — E-mail contact on letter asking for a 4 week extension due to delay in receiving letter and to seek advice. To date no reply.
I’m obviously quite concerned by this and wondered if I should just pay up or should I seek representation as last thing I want is a bailiff knocking at the door ! Cheers in advance and let me know if you want any further detail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024