Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Language TV 14:34 - Aug 3 with 5723 viewsDarran

Who watches this shit?

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/BBC-end-Polyfilla-review-charter-warns-dir

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh Language TV on 14:38 - Aug 3 with 3064 viewsyescomeon

I watch the odd football match

Upthecity!

Welsh Language TV on 14:41 - Aug 3 with 3054 viewsperchrockjack

You re on your own here Pross as you left me alone to take the flak from some previous posts.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh Language TV on 17:48 - Aug 3 with 2975 viewsWingstandwood

Here comes another rant folks!.........Anyone of that specific age range care to remember Welsh childhood during the 1970's?...................

Reading the Radio Times/TV Times mags to find your 'absolute' favorite cartoon, kiddies programme or Sci-Fi series etc........ was after years of endless (time sure did drag as a child!) waiting about to make an eagerly awaited TV return? Yeah then only to find in the listing small print that you were going to get the BBC Wales/HTV Wales alternative...........

Yeah bring on the likes of Mici Plwm (plum he was!) and Teliffant etc to completely rob yourself of the childhood delight, joy and TV heaven of watching Bugs Bunny, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Star Trek etc.

For me the all-time lowpoint for Welsh TV was when HTV Wales in all its wisdom decided to show a Welsh dubbed version of Alan Ladd's Shane and Peter Cushing's Frankenstein must be destroyed!.........Unbelievable!

Argus!

Welsh Language TV on 19:03 - Aug 3 with 2903 viewsphact0rri

Welsh Language TV on 17:48 - Aug 3 by Wingstandwood

Here comes another rant folks!.........Anyone of that specific age range care to remember Welsh childhood during the 1970's?...................

Reading the Radio Times/TV Times mags to find your 'absolute' favorite cartoon, kiddies programme or Sci-Fi series etc........ was after years of endless (time sure did drag as a child!) waiting about to make an eagerly awaited TV return? Yeah then only to find in the listing small print that you were going to get the BBC Wales/HTV Wales alternative...........

Yeah bring on the likes of Mici Plwm (plum he was!) and Teliffant etc to completely rob yourself of the childhood delight, joy and TV heaven of watching Bugs Bunny, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Star Trek etc.

For me the all-time lowpoint for Welsh TV was when HTV Wales in all its wisdom decided to show a Welsh dubbed version of Alan Ladd's Shane and Peter Cushing's Frankenstein must be destroyed!.........Unbelievable!

I didn't get much of this being born in '79. but my eldest sister would always talk about these versions. Though it was mostly her bragging, to the american kids when we had come over about how she could speak a language. I had no idea they dubbed Shane and Cushing's Frankenstein picture. I'm a bit curious despite knowing they are probably of the quality of those 70's Godzilla dubs the americans did in the 70's where it was one guy supplying all the voices in hillarious fashion.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Welsh Language TV on 19:10 - Aug 3 with 2892 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed it was like that when all the good profs were often not shown unless you could get away from Welsh TV.
I remember people hating it and looking to the english transmitter

Welsh Language TV on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 2896 viewslifelong

I know, let's have another anti Welsh language thread, after all we haven't had one for about 10 minutes.
Welsh Language TV on 19:19 - Aug 3 with 2876 viewsItchySphincter

Welsh Language TV on 19:11 - Aug 3 by lifelong

I know, let's have another anti Welsh language thread, after all we haven't had one for about 10 minutes.

Innit. Waiting for Blake's Seven only for 'Heddiw' to suddenly appear on my screen was heartbreaking.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Welsh Language TV on 19:21 - Aug 3 with 2843 viewsperchrockjack

Well , it's was a source of real irritation.

Don't forget Welsh is spoken by a real minority in Swansea so when media ,Welsh media, had some arcane drivel on , people felt really annoyed.

Anyway, history now .

Having looked a s4c schedules I mean, really.

Remember dai Jones was a star.

And chill,out there roger la

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Language TV on 19:22 - Aug 3 with 2841 viewsjackonicko

Byth gallwch gael gormod o edafedd yn beirniadu'r iaith Gymraeg.
Welsh Language TV on 19:49 - Aug 3 with 2819 viewsexiledclaseboy

Innit. No idea where the antipathy from some comes from.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh Language TV on 19:51 - Aug 3 with 2812 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Language TV on 19:19 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Innit. Waiting for Blake's Seven only for 'Heddiw' to suddenly appear on my screen was heartbreaking.

Oh memories!....... Memories!.......... Memories!.......... If my memory serves me correct 'Heddiw' was THE ultimate spanner-in-the-works!...... It was a Welsh news programme that came on at a prime-time 7.00 pm TV slot. I'm sure it was commissioned and designed specifically with the sole intent and purpose to deliberately piss off at least two thirds of the Welsh population. Didn't a Welsh popular music programme called Ser sometimes follow shortly after? And yes!.......If you were in a Welsh language pop group that could half fill a scout hall in Machynlleth you were considered by BBC Wales to be Cymru's natural equivalent to The Rolling Stones!

It all sure did deny millions of Taff's the opportunity to watch the likes of Star Trek, Blake's Seven etc, etc,etc! Oh and I'm not being anti Welsh language just nostalgic!

Argus!

Welsh Language TV on 19:58 - Aug 3 with 2797 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Language TV on 19:03 - Aug 3 by phact0rri

I didn't get much of this being born in '79. but my eldest sister would always talk about these versions. Though it was mostly her bragging, to the american kids when we had come over about how she could speak a language. I had no idea they dubbed Shane and Cushing's Frankenstein picture. I'm a bit curious despite knowing they are probably of the quality of those 70's Godzilla dubs the americans did in the 70's where it was one guy supplying all the voices in hillarious fashion.

The Welsh spoken/dubbed version(s) of both Frankenstein Must Be Destoyed and Shane were absolutely hilarious believe me.

The last thing you expect a mad monster creating East European scientist (Baron Frankenstein!) or Wild West Sheriff to do?.............Is to speak like a farmer from Llandeillo!

Argus!

Welsh Language TV on 19:59 - Aug 3 with 2793 viewsdickythorpe

Remember pob the Rupert moon lookalike puppet who used to clean the screen?
Welsh Language TV on 20:19 - Aug 3 with 2775 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought everybody just pointed their TV aeriel across the water to the west country if they didn't want Welsh programmes?

Trouble was, you then had Look West local news instead of Wales Today.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Welsh Language TV on 20:29 - Aug 3 with 2760 viewsDarran

Welsh Language TV on 20:19 - Aug 3 by Joe_bradshaw

I thought everybody just pointed their TV aeriel across the water to the west country if they didn't want Welsh programmes?

Gus Honeybun ini.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh Language TV on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 2757 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Language TV on 20:19 - Aug 3 by Joe_bradshaw

My memory is hazy here but I'm sure if some people (not all) were situated by sheer luck in a suitable area/ suitable exact location and had the money to purchase a thing called a booster aerial or was it an add-on booster for their TV aerial they could pick up a Channel that some people on my council estate called Westwood?.........

However if memory serves me correct they could not opt out of, or get another BBC alternative to BBC Wales? Westwood I'm sure was an alternative to HTV Wales only? I stand to be corrected if wrong?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 20:35]

Argus!

Welsh Language TV on 20:51 - Aug 3 with 2725 viewsplasjack

Welsh is a minority language in Swansea and long may it continue.
Welsh Language TV on 20:53 - Aug 3 with 2718 viewslifelong

Welsh Language TV on 20:51 - Aug 3 by plasjack

Welsh is a minority language in Swansea and long may it continue.

I agree, long may the Welsh language continue.
Welsh Language TV on 21:29 - Aug 3 with 2689 viewscwrw

Rather than criticise try and learn the language instead.
Welsh Language TV on 23:11 - Aug 3 with 2619 viewsperchrockjack

Which language would that be then .

North ,which considers itself pure or

The dialect referred to by gigs.

It's not enough to learn the language and frankly in today's world markets Welsh is frankly nowhere .
Hard to swallow I know. It's divisive for such a small country and its fed from those who see themselves cascading a better or a purer Welsh person.

Welsh Language TV on 23:31 - Aug 3 with 2614 viewslifelong

Welsh Language TV on 23:11 - Aug 3 by perchrockjack

Which language would that be then .

North ,which considers itself pure or

The dialect referred to by gigs.

It's not enough to learn the language and frankly in today's world markets Welsh is frankly nowhere .
Hard to swallow I know. It's divisive for such a small country and its fed from those who see themselves cascading a better or a purer Welsh person.

Yawn.
Welsh Language TV on 08:44 - Aug 4 with 2530 viewsperchrockjack

No,you re well awake and you know it Roger.

Ill have you know my daughter and her partner spent the last week in Dinas Dinlle and put £400 into the local economy.

End

Welsh Language TV on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 2497 viewsdickythorpe

Welsh Language TV on 08:44 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

No,you re well awake and you know it Roger.

Ill have you know my daughter and her partner spent the last week in Dinas Dinlle and put £400 into the local economy.

End

And the people of Dinas Dinlle are very grateful for that.
Welsh Language TV on 09:51 - Aug 4 with 2493 viewsJackfath

I think the residents of Wales should only have welsh speaking tv anyway. That would mean the welsh language would flourish, if indeed that's what's wanted.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Welsh Language TV on 10:24 - Aug 4 with 2479 viewsperchrockjack

Well dick, being gogs ,they totally ignored them .

I TOLD EM NOT TO GO like

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024