Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer to Leicester 14:12 - Sep 1 with 26183 viewsperchrockjack

On loan.

Can t see the point of that.

Frankly, seems madness

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dyer to Leicester on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 2676 viewsjasper_T

Dyer to Leicester on 17:15 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

Anyone below Spurs,Liverpool,Man Utd, Chelsea and Man city is a direct rival to us, not sure what you mean by smaller teams but the premier league is pretty equal below the top 6 a few wins here or there could have a bearing on where we finish and of course how much money we make .

Did we learn nothing from the Ki situation ?

As i see it, if Dyer does really well for leicester then it's possible they could finish above us and cost us a few million quid.

Nobody knows how the league will pan out after 4 games so IMO it's better to have our players at the Swans rather than on loan to another premier league team, i could understand if we sent a player on loan abroad like we did with Michu but apart from sentimentality to Dyer i see no logic in it, business wise or football wise .

Nobody knows who our "direct rivals " are yet, it's far too early to call it.

I would compare it with Spurs loaning Liverpool a player or Chelsea loaning man city a player, that doesn't happen often if at all, and there is a reason why too!

We learned from the Ki situation that Laudrup was a prat and that a loan spell can do wonders for a player's confidence and maturity.

Ki came back twice the player he was when he left.

If Dyer makes Leicester better, then we have nothing to fear from Leicester this season, and hopefully they nick plenty of points off Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton, Stoke and Palace so we can qualify for Europe.
Dyer to Leicester on 17:45 - Sep 1 with 2641 viewsperchrockjack

Nope still seems madness

Dyer to Leicester on 17:49 - Sep 1 with 2586 viewsjasper_T

We probably got offered a million quid and his £30k a week wages covered for a year.
Dyer to Leicester on 17:50 - Sep 1 with 2563 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dyer to Leicester on 17:45 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Nope still seems madness

Yes I agree. It looks a done deal with Nathan going there on a years contract. I should have waved goodbye as he flew over the house if i had known :-(

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dyer to Leicester on 17:52 - Sep 1 with 2544 viewsperchrockjack

I can only summise there are other issues with Dyer, maybe attitude ones. No other reason and we have to trust Monk here

Dyer to Leicester on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 2489 viewsmidswan

Dyer to Leicester on 17:52 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

I can only summise there are other issues with Dyer, maybe attitude ones. No other reason and we have to trust Monk here

Really ? attitude ? a model pro i reckon
Dyer to Leicester on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 2480 viewsPrivate_Partz

I would think he is looking at playing Frank in that position if Taylor keeps him out of the side. I guess that is where the cover is coming from.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dyer to Leicester on 17:58 - Sep 1 with 2450 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Did he ask for a move ??
Montero
Routs
Ayew
Tabanou
Emnes

Transfer window in January
Plenty of cover , goodbye Nathan all the best .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer to Leicester on 17:59 - Sep 1 with 2409 viewsicecoldjack

Dyer to Leicester on 17:42 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

We learned from the Ki situation that Laudrup was a prat and that a loan spell can do wonders for a player's confidence and maturity.

Ki came back twice the player he was when he left.

If Dyer makes Leicester better, then we have nothing to fear from Leicester this season, and hopefully they nick plenty of points off Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton, Stoke and Palace so we can qualify for Europe.

I think you will find the prat in that deal was whoever agreed to a minimum game clause in Ki's contract, thus not being gaurenteed to start games meant a break of that contract. It also didn't help when our club didn't even know if there was a recall clause in the loan deal.

What we actually learnt was..

1. Don't strengthen the opposition needlessly .
2. Injuries can happen quickly and before you know it your best players are on the treatment table.

It's not always about what is best for the player though, and thats speculating that a loan actually will benifit of which there is no gaurentee ! sounds an awful thing to say, but the main priority should be the squad and having proven tried and tested players ready to step in,which Dyer is one of.

If, as you say, they nick plenty of points off the teams you suggest, then that will probably mean they will finish above us and at least make £1,5m quid more than us, which we facilitated !

Just no need to help any other team in the premier league, its hard enough as it is !

Dyer has had a bad spell for a few months but has been superb for years, i think he has plenty of value here and even if he wanted to go on loan and play games i feel the club should have played hard ball and been selfish.

Ayew,Montero,Routs and Emnes can very easily get an injury or lose form, i'm sure Ayew hasn't has the same intensity playing in France so i would expect him to be rested every now and again, there are also 2 cups to go for in which thelikes of Dyer would have had a huge hand in.

We just didn't need him to go, irrelevent of what the player may of fancied.

Other teams are stock piling players and we are looking to help them do it !!

Not for me sorry, he should stay here .
Dyer to Leicester on 18:00 - Sep 1 with 2403 viewshobo

Dyer to Leicester on 17:58 - Sep 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Did he ask for a move ??
Montero
Routs
Ayew
Tabanou
Emnes

Transfer window in January
Plenty of cover , goodbye Nathan all the best .

This. The move suits all parties
Dyer to Leicester on 18:10 - Sep 1 with 2325 viewssomersetsimon

Dyer to Leicester on 18:00 - Sep 1 by hobo

The only news on the club website is that Samuel has gone to Morton on loan and Tiendalli has been released.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:13 - Sep 1 with 2287 viewsperchrockjack

midswan.

Note what I posted.

CAN YOU think of any logical reason to let a wide player go with no replacement.

NOW, you ll have to help not just me but many others here but it does not make any sense at all.

Dyer to Leicester on 18:14 - Sep 1 with 2273 viewsmonmouth

Nothing at all on this on bbc??

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dyer to Leicester on 18:16 - Sep 1 with 2243 viewshobo

Dyer to Leicester on 18:14 - Sep 1 by monmouth

Nothing at all on this on bbc??

Nothing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34118575
Dyer to Leicester on 18:21 - Sep 1 with 2177 viewsmidswan

Dyer to Leicester on 18:13 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

midswan.

Note what I posted.

CAN YOU think of any logical reason to let a wide player go with no replacement.

NOW, you ll have to help not just me but many others here but it does not make any sense at all.

as i previously said, the club and management obviously believe we have plenty of options/back up already in place whether that be somebody else playing wide right or different formation as seen against Manure. Nath obviously thought he was not going to get sufficient game time and the club patently agree ergo he can go on loan.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 2166 viewsJonnyTheJack

You're nuts.

We have enough cover on the wing. Dyer thinks he can get regular game time at Leicester. That's all there is too it.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 2153 viewsJackUlation

Dyer to Leicester on 14:25 - Sep 1 by Swan91

Dyer is only 27. Still a lot of years left really. Might be just having a bad patch and a loan out for more games could be the thing that brings him back to a good enough level

Apparently there is no call back clause written into Nathans loan contract, that don sound like there will be a return...?
Dyer to Leicester on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 2143 viewsmonmouth

Dyer to Leicester on 18:16 - Sep 1 by hobo

Nothing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34118575

Oops.....I was looking at the completed moves page after 6pm. I naively thought that would be that.

Dyer to Leicester on 18:29 - Sep 1 with 2066 viewsmonmouth

Dyer to Leicester on 18:22 - Sep 1 by JonnyTheJack

You're nuts.

We have enough cover on the wing. Dyer thinks he can get regular game time at Leicester. That's all there is too it.

Agreed

ND "I'm 27 Gaffer Gaz, I'd really like some games if possible"
GM "Can't promise that Nath, and you've gone off the boil of late, so back up is the best I can do"
ND "Fair enough (thinks: f*ck that), do you mind if I go somewhere on loan to play?"
GM "I'd prefer not ("thinks, I don't really want a f*cking moaner on the bench) but I get it, so I suppose so.
ND "Fair enough"
GM "Fair enough"

Leicester twunt "I'll send my chopper for Lloyd immediately"

Dyer to Leicester on 18:36 - Sep 1 with 2003 viewsskippyjack

I wonder who the sulking player was.. Barrow back in October an all.. opportunity for Barrow then!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Dyer to Leicester on 18:43 - Sep 1 with 1934 viewsLeonisGod

My feeling too. Maybe not 'issues', but face/style just doesn't fit with Garry for some reason. Despite him being a more than adequate squad player.

Seems a very strange one, especially as nobody has come in. Maybe Garry's planning on using 'the diamond' a lot more, which means we'll already have Routs as backup. Dyer just doesn't fit into that formation/style of play.

Is it confirmed?
Dyer to Leicester on 18:46 - Sep 1 with 1902 viewsjasper_T

Dyer to Leicester on 18:43 - Sep 1 by LeonisGod

My feeling too. Maybe not 'issues', but face/style just doesn't fit with Garry for some reason. Despite him being a more than adequate squad player.

Seems a very strange one, especially as nobody has come in. Maybe Garry's planning on using 'the diamond' a lot more, which means we'll already have Routs as backup. Dyer just doesn't fit into that formation/style of play.

Is it confirmed?

Rangel has confirmed it on Twitter. Not "official", of course.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:48 - Sep 1 with 1874 viewsThornburyswan

Dyer to Leicester on 18:00 - Sep 1 by hobo

Definitely a risk being taken but suspect we were going to see a lot more of the diamond formation anyway & Nath doesn't fit into that - leaves us a tad thin if Ayew or Routs picked up a half-serious injury (we know Montero will pick up regular match missing knocks) but suspect we'll see more of Cork, Shelves, Ki & Siggy as our midfield 4 whilst Jeff has his spa treatments.

It is an area we need to look at come January, unless Nath does a "Ki" & shines @ the Foxes - he's still young enough to come back to play but the 'Ki story' is an unusual one for the Prem so more likely that it's a stepping stone to an exit. If so a sad day as he's fully contributed to our rise to the Prem & whilst maybe a tad shy of top class he's been a pleasure to watch in a Swan's shirt.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:49 - Sep 1 with 1868 viewslondonlisa2001

Slight thought - could it be that this forward we signed last month (19 year old - Biabi?) is a bit more advanced than we thought and could be a back up for the squad rather than just 21s?

I only ask out of interest - I have no idea whatsoever the standard he is at.
Dyer to Leicester on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 1828 viewsjasper_T

Dyer to Leicester on 18:49 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Slight thought - could it be that this forward we signed last month (19 year old - Biabi?) is a bit more advanced than we thought and could be a back up for the squad rather than just 21s?

I only ask out of interest - I have no idea whatsoever the standard he is at.

Less experienced than Fulton and Kingsley were when they arrived. Complete headcase (as in literally headbutts players).

Will struggle to get into our 21s right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024