Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 17:10 - Oct 24 with 14579 viewscurleigh

I think i speak for most on here, Gomis has been truly shocking now since Watford, but Monk keeps on picking him hoping maybe his form will come good, he needs to give Eder a run of 3 or 4 games now to see what he has to offer, 5 & 10 minutes here and there is no gauge of how good you are. He needs to be told he is starting the next few games.
Gomis on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2283 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:20 - Oct 24 by Private_Partz

it is always the same. a team plays badly then blame the striker. if we are not creating chances then no striker will score. Bafi is coming back to the halfrway line at mo to fight for scraps. once the midfield ticks he will score.
I am hopeful we will move on from today and gary realises that Corky and / or Leon must be in the side to create the stability in midfield.

It was no surprise that the moment we started to play the ball around better that Gomis looked a better player as a result of it

This tweet I made at half time

I wish I had a similar one for the last 20-30 minutes of the game as it would tell you a different story

Panic buying a massive striker is not the way that we will go in January and thank **** for that.

PP has got this one spot on and we should always have one of Cork or Leon in midfield, amazing how Ki has got away with the same level of criticism given the standard of his performances at the moment.
Gomis on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2280 viewsPrivate_Partz

Gomis on 18:22 - Oct 24 by ChrisSCFC

The striker has to link up play, he is more than partially responsible for the lack of chances created.

Agree but when you are coming back to the hallway line surrounded by defenders the job is much more difficult.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gomis on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2275 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:23 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

so talking around £20m + expenditure when we have sold no one of not bar Bony and the payments are in installments for him

Yeah but we get £100m a year from the Premier League and the players don't need paying every week though do they...
Gomis on 18:26 - Oct 24 with 2268 viewsperchrockjack

Oh I see. Well thanks for that you pair if knobs.

Why get personal.eh.

As regards the expenditure, we have also serious money coming in .

We ve replaced bony with ...what exactly.

No more debate with you too.

I ll settle down to a pleasant aldi sparkling water.

Defensive boys, no need. None at all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 18:27 - Oct 24 with 2265 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 18:25 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

Yeah but we get £100m a year from the Premier League and the players don't need paying every week though do they...

not sureif thats a dig at me or not phil. For the record i'm on your side

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gomis on 18:28 - Oct 24 with 2254 viewsskippyjack

Gomis on 18:26 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Why get personal.eh.

perch.. we both know what you're talking about.. i think Phil was being a bit harsh on you

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gomis on 18:30 - Oct 24 with 2234 viewsStarsky

Gomis on 18:27 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

No, it wasn't at you. Lol
It was Aldiman. Lol

It's just the internet, init.

Gomis on 18:31 - Oct 24 with 2234 views3swan

Gomis on 18:18 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

Are you seriously under the impression that the money is just sat there in the bank waiting to be spent

And that the class striker out there will come to us as nobody else is looking for one
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 18:31 - Oct 24 with 2233 viewsDarran

Why get personal.eh.

Good post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis on 18:32 - Oct 24 with 2228 viewsPhil_S

Why get personal.eh.

Oh stop playing the victim card you big drama queen nobody has got personal with you, just pointed out the clear inaccuracies of you believing the money from a sale almost twelve months ago is still sat there

Simply being we have invested it in the club, much of the PL money is swallowed up by a wage bill that has multi millionaires included in it as well as a staff at the club that has eclipsed anything that you can dream of

If you believe that the club is awash with money then you are very sadly mistaken.

Oh and by the way you got personal with the name calling, nobody else but I don't suspect you will ever admit that.
Gomis on 18:32 - Oct 24 with 2223 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:27 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

No it definitely wasn't at you!!
Gomis on 18:33 - Oct 24 with 2208 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:31 - Oct 24 by 3swan

And that the class striker out there will come to us as nobody else is looking for one

We took a big step this season with a £5m spend on a reserve striker which eclipsed the loan strikers we usually get in as backup

It hasn't worked (so far) and that doesn't mean we should splash twice that on someone else
Gomis on 18:34 - Oct 24 with 2202 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 18:32 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

No it definitely wasn't at you!!

cool.
Although my stance on this is the same as it was pre season, i think we are a striker short in the squad. A different type of striker who is nippy and can get in behind and stretch the defence giving more space for Siggy and Shelvey to work in. A Vardy/Austin/Rhodes type of striker (not necessarily them)

Gomis on 18:36 - Oct 24 with 2190 views3swan

Gomis on 18:33 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

We took a big step this season with a £5m spend on a reserve striker which eclipsed the loan strikers we usually get in as backup

It hasn't worked (so far) and that doesn't mean we should splash twice that on someone else

We are still small fry in this division, we have stepped up a level in the transfer market but to think that some striker out there can sort our problem out at the price we can pay is imo a non starter.

Goals need to be spread around let's hope the other midfielders etc can pop up with a few
Gomis on 18:37 - Oct 24 with 2186 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:34 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

cool.
Although my stance on this is the same as it was pre season, i think we are a striker short in the squad. A different type of striker who is nippy and can get in behind and stretch the defence giving more space for Siggy and Shelvey to work in. A Vardy/Austin/Rhodes type of striker (not necessarily them)

I don't disagree, its the only area we look a little light but I think we all also know that if we got a third striker it would be nobody for more than a bit part

if you want a full opinion, Gomis will be off in January/June and we will spend on his replacement at that point. We had one lined up in the summer just gone had he left I am led to believe
Gomis on 18:40 - Oct 24 with 2039 viewslifelong

Gomis on 18:20 - Oct 24 by Private_Partz

it is always the same. a team plays badly then blame the striker. if we are not creating chances then no striker will score. Bafi is coming back to the halfrway line at mo to fight for scraps. once the midfield ticks he will score.
I am hopeful we will move on from today and gary realises that Corky and / or Leon must be in the side to create the stability in midfield.

I don't think people are blaming our recent performances on Gomis, in the past I have supported him, he is, after all, playing in the most difficult position on the pitch, but today I thought he was very poor. His control, passing and commitment were dreadful, there were times, especially during the first half, when he didn't seem interested, simply not good enough.
Gomis on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 2002 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:40 - Oct 24 by lifelong

I don't think people are blaming our recent performances on Gomis, in the past I have supported him, he is, after all, playing in the most difficult position on the pitch, but today I thought he was very poor. His control, passing and commitment were dreadful, there were times, especially during the first half, when he didn't seem interested, simply not good enough.

Theres at least half a dozen players you could have aimed the same post at after the first half
Gomis on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 1983 viewslifelong

Gomis on 18:49 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

Theres at least half a dozen players you could have aimed the same post at after the first half

I agree, I just thought I'd comment on the he subject of the thread.
Gomis on 18:57 - Oct 24 with 1981 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 18:55 - Oct 24 by lifelong

I agree, I just thought I'd comment on the he subject of the thread.

That's fair enough which is why I didn't use the predictable comment that many would have used about escaped goats

Gomis was no worse than many for the first half, as we improved in the second half, he improved with us
Gomis on 19:01 - Oct 24 with 1966 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 18:37 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

I don't disagree, its the only area we look a little light but I think we all also know that if we got a third striker it would be nobody for more than a bit part

if you want a full opinion, Gomis will be off in January/June and we will spend on his replacement at that point. We had one lined up in the summer just gone had he left I am led to believe

agreed, but again if we had spent maybe abit more plus the £5m we spent on Eder we would have 2 first choice options. I hate all this talk of coming in as backup to Gomis, as that suggest Gomis is undroppable, i want someone chomping at the bit giving Monk no choice but to drop Gomis in his current form, unfortunately i don't see Eder as that man. If we had 2 strikers who could get us 10 goals each it's better than relying on gomis to get the 15/20 needed

Gomis on 19:02 - Oct 24 with 1960 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 19:01 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

agreed, but again if we had spent maybe abit more plus the £5m we spent on Eder we would have 2 first choice options. I hate all this talk of coming in as backup to Gomis, as that suggest Gomis is undroppable, i want someone chomping at the bit giving Monk no choice but to drop Gomis in his current form, unfortunately i don't see Eder as that man. If we had 2 strikers who could get us 10 goals each it's better than relying on gomis to get the 15/20 needed

I think the difficulty will always be getting a striker of the quality we want who is prepared to sit 50% of the time on the bench (if not more)

We saw how Gomis reacted to that last season
Gomis on 19:03 - Oct 24 with 1951 viewslifelong

Gomis on 18:57 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

That's fair enough which is why I didn't use the predictable comment that many would have used about escaped goats

Gomis was no worse than many for the first half, as we improved in the second half, he improved with us

There were two or three occasions during the game when he either lost the ball, or gave it away, and he just stood there, hands on hips, and made no attempt to recover it. I just found it annoying and unacceptable.
Gomis on 19:05 - Oct 24 with 1947 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 19:03 - Oct 24 by lifelong

There were two or three occasions during the game when he either lost the ball, or gave it away, and he just stood there, hands on hips, and made no attempt to recover it. I just found it annoying and unacceptable.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that front

And I know you agree with me on the bit when I say he wasn't alone in doing so

Ki and Shelvey were two of them, Naughton and Ayew were two more...
Gomis on 19:10 - Oct 24 with 1924 viewsperchrockjack

Gomis works for our club.

His latest appraisal would be ...

You have do work hard at your jobs probably without someone making excuses.

We need better.

We should get better

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 19:16 - Oct 24 with 1911 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 19:02 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

I think the difficulty will always be getting a striker of the quality we want who is prepared to sit 50% of the time on the bench (if not more)

We saw how Gomis reacted to that last season

The swing to this is that if they come in and hit the ground running then they play, if they don't we have a suitable replacement, keeps both players on their toes. Then your relying on the manager to give them fair chance. Unlike when Baf did come in last year, there were time Bony wasn't up to much but Baf was still limited game time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024