Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've tried to be positive this week... 09:56 - Dec 9 with 1809 viewscaerleon_jack

...but it's failing.

Time for a moan on something that has been bugging me since the weekend.

Do they have the off-side rule in French football?

I know it's been a running joke about Bafe's inability to stay onside, but there were three or four instances on the weekend where play was taking place in our half for a good 60-90 seconds. The ball would finally break to one of our players, they would look up and Bafe would be ambling back from somewhere around the opposition area. Not waiting for a run, not just offside, but a good 30 yards. What is he doing? Whilst we are watching the game (and therefore, not him), is he having a gentle cup of tea with the opposition 'keeper? Texting his agent? Reading l'Equipe?

How in the name of all things holy has he got to his age and this stage of his career and he not learnt that you cannot be standing 30 yards offside at all times?

HOW?

Insert something witty here

I've tried to be positive this week... on 11:21 - Dec 9 with 1709 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He is fully aware of the offside rule OK, he just doesn't give damn.
He is not playing his best for the Club, Manager or his team mates.
I've tried to be positive this week... on 11:34 - Dec 9 with 1695 viewscaerleon_jack

I've tried to be positive this week... on 11:21 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

He is fully aware of the offside rule OK, he just doesn't give damn.
He is not playing his best for the Club, Manager or his team mates.

But he has always been like this. He has never shown any inclination to stay on side, and the bizarre bit is that he is very, very rarely off-side because he has been putting pressure on the 'keeper and has yet to come back on-side.

I cannot believe that he has only played like this since joining us. Surely we noticed this when we scouted him?

Insert something witty here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024