Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Jermain Defoe 19:07 - Jan 14 with 1778 viewsSwanjaxs

On scoring the Premier league's first ever offside hatrick 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:12 - Jan 14 with 1753 viewsMatlock_Jack

I'd have taken an offside hat-trick last night TBH.

We were lucky to get the penalty; never a spot-kick for me.

We have to focus on beating Watford now, with respect. Time to stop blaming the officials for a result we can no longer affect.
Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:28 - Jan 14 with 1687 viewsPrivate_Partz

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:12 - Jan 14 by Matlock_Jack

We have to focus on beating Watford now, with respect. Time to stop blaming the officials for a result we can no longer affect.

Na I am not so fair minded as you. When we get seriously screwed over by officials they should be named, blamed and remembered.
Thankfully that happens here and we often recall the matches and the asses that screwed us up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:45 - Jan 14 with 1620 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"We were lucky to get the penalty; never a spot-kick for me. "
It was for me, there was contact (unlike what the MOTD presenters said) it was in the back when Ayew stopped after digging his toe in the ground.
The fact that he was totally off balance made it look more like a dive.
He probably also made the most of it as Refs tell them they should, although it got Grimes a Yellow the week before.
Would you have called it a penalty if he had just stopped suddenly to take the shot and then Brown had run into his back and floored him?
Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:48 - Jan 14 with 1611 viewsunion_jack

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 19:45 - Jan 14 by A_Fans_Dad

"We were lucky to get the penalty; never a spot-kick for me. "
It was for me, there was contact (unlike what the MOTD presenters said) it was in the back when Ayew stopped after digging his toe in the ground.
The fact that he was totally off balance made it look more like a dive.
He probably also made the most of it as Refs tell them they should, although it got Grimes a Yellow the week before.
Would you have called it a penalty if he had just stopped suddenly to take the shot and then Brown had run into his back and floored him?

A good point. I have thought the same though if it was the other way around I would see it as a soft one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 20:54 - Jan 14 with 1482 viewssomersetsimon

They say the perfect hat trick is left foot, right foot and header. I wonder if anyone's ever done offside, handball and foul?
Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:03 - Jan 14 with 1441 viewsmorningstar

What a totally bizarre post! We get done by an offside hat trick, get a player unjustly sent off yet you say 'no time to blame the officials' whilst effectively blaming the officials for the one out of 5 that he got wrong which went for us!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:07 - Jan 14 with 1421 viewsFlashberryjack

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:03 - Jan 14 by morningstar

What a totally bizarre post! We get done by an offside hat trick, get a player unjustly sent off yet you say 'no time to blame the officials' whilst effectively blaming the officials for the one out of 5 that he got wrong which went for us!

I agree.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:16 - Jan 14 with 1384 viewsmljonzy

One of his goals was offside the other two were legit. It is what it is move on we can't change the result.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:30 - Jan 14 with 1346 viewsFlashberryjack

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:16 - Jan 14 by mljonzy

One of his goals was offside the other two were legit. It is what it is move on we can't change the result.

Wrong.......now you move on!! while the ones that want to discuss what has been dubbed by some of the press as being "one of the worst displays by a set of officials in Premier League history"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:35 - Jan 14 with 1324 viewsmorningstar

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:16 - Jan 14 by mljonzy

We can change the result. We can lobby our local MP, who can get it overturned in the house of parliament.

"Future changes to the law happen through the passing of another Act or delegated legislation. An Act can also be repealed so that its provisions no longer apply. Parliamentary committees examine UK laws and recommend the removal of out of date legislation, or refereeing decision at a Premier league football match."

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:48 - Jan 14 with 1269 viewsMatlock_Jack

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:03 - Jan 14 by morningstar

Dear oh dear....my point was this....if you want to play the blame game we got a very generous penalty, but we now move on, as the result doesn't change and I doubt the referee will come on here to apologize, so it's pointless to that extent, to continue blaming the officials.

Is it any clearer now? Good.

Watford is our focus, as that's a game we can at least change by comparison.
Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:58 - Jan 14 with 1226 viewsmljonzy

Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 21:30 - Jan 14 by Flashberryjack

Wrong.......now you move on!! while the ones that want to discuss what has been dubbed by some of the press as being "one of the worst displays by a set of officials in Premier League history"

Perfectly clear on match of the day your wrong yes the officials were terrible so stop being biased. Defoe timed his runs perfectly for 2 goals. You need your eyes tested.
Congratulations Jermain Defoe on 22:09 - Jan 14 with 1189 viewsMrSwerve

The goals certainly weren't as offside as it seemed watching it at the stadium. In all honesty if it was one of our players I'd be arguing that they were onside. The motd replays showed that Defoe's shins/feet were in line with the last man. Very marginal though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024