Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst away end I've been in to date... 23:24 - Mar 3 with 5261 viewsSE1_Jack

I often begrudge our fans finding something to moan about but notwithstanding how fantastic it was to see us win yesterday I have to say the away end was dire.

Granted it was obvious there was a lot of tourists and Arsenal fans in the away end which will happen if our regulars don't sell out an away game in London on a weeknight but you couldn't get a chant going last night for love nor money which just boggles my mind given what a result it was. Spurs away wasn't much better either.

Really hope the last two games aren't a sign of what our away support has become.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 18:27 - Mar 4 with 1057 viewsGlyn1

On the one side of me were sitting 2 knowledgeable German supporters. Behind me were sitting a middle-aged Arab couple (who left before the end and may have been here on holiday) and a group of South Korean girls (who left after Ki was substituted). So it goes.

On the plus side, there was minimal segregation between the home and away fans and little abuse between them. And personally I was glad to hear no pathetic anti-Cardiff chants (seriously, what's the point?).
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 18:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 12:18 - Mar 5 with 930 viewsSE1_Jack

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:25 - Mar 4 by ymaohyd

Perhaps people are growing in maturity and wish to enjoy and savour the game rather than chant ridiculous songs.

Grown men singing so and so's black and white army, always shit on the English side of the bridge, etc,etc.

Funniest thing I've read was several years ago now when Ricky Hatton was fighting Mayweather. The yanks were completely befuddled with the incessant chants of one Ricky Hatton....winter wonderland bla bla bla.

Is he a winter kind of guy? was the question posed in American papers. It dawned on me then how ridiculous chanting is.

The irony for me is the fact that many of our fans object to 'Hyms and Arias' being too rugby esq, then proceed to chant some ridiculous crap.

It's about balance. I'm not one who will chant constantly or be obsessed with the home fans. However, getting behind the team can make a difference in the pitch at times. Were you at Arsenal? I just found it extremely odd there was little jubilation considering the circumstances
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 13:32 - Mar 5 with 910 viewsbathgatejack

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 18:00 - Mar 4 by Rancid

St.Andrews in the 80's was a real shithole of an away end as was Hull's Boothferry Park.

You can always here Chester mike though
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024