Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A time to look forward 12:29 - Mar 8 with 4626 viewsManBearSwan2

A lot of people seem to be living in the past. Everyone seems so keen to bring old people back to the club... Brendon, Bony etc.

Don't get me wrong, I have utmost respect for people that have done well and helped our club grow. And sometimes bringing someone back works, look at Sigurdsson.

I just think that, perhaps more so this year, the league has changed, teams have changed and tactics have changed quite dramatically. What once worked, doesn’t work anymore.

There appear to be an increased number of younger, fitter, hungrier and better players playing different styles like high press and fast counter attack football. I've also noticed a number of typical "target man" strikers across different teams struggling to adapt to these changes.

It's more difficult then ever for possession teams to play. I think Laudrup and Monk realised this and tried to counter it somehow, unfortunately they failed, but at least they tried.

The reason Swansea surprised, got promoted and succeeded in the Premiership was by playing a different brand of football.

It's time, not to forget, but remember the past, take a look forward and try something new, different and exciting. I don't know what that is, but i'd like to take a chance trying to find it next season.

Feel free to read, reply, abuse, ignore, delete. I'm just getting it off my mind by typing it out.
A time to look forward on 14:19 - Mar 9 with 1176 viewsjasper_T

A time to look forward on 13:40 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

"The reason we've struggled is because the technical level in the squad has dropped, not a lack of pace. "

Yes it was a lack of technical level in the squad that got us our highest place ever last season.
It also allowed us to beat teams like Arsenal & Man U not once but twice.
Just think what we could achieve if the squad acyually had some of that technical ability.

A time to look forward on 14:30 - Mar 9 with 1168 viewsjasper_T

Our record against the big sides has been good this season but its had to be when all the promoted teams outplayed us.
A time to look forward on 14:45 - Mar 9 with 1150 viewsshandyjack

A time to look forward on 14:30 - Mar 9 by jasper_T

Our record against the big sides has been good this season but its had to be when all the promoted teams outplayed us.

out played us????

Watford W L
Norwich W L
Bourn D

thats hardly outplaying us is it

Poll: Expectation for the season

A time to look forward on 15:23 - Mar 9 with 1133 viewsjasper_T

A time to look forward on 14:45 - Mar 9 by shandyjack

out played us????

Watford W L
Norwich W L
Bourn D

thats hardly outplaying us is it

Talking more about the Monk period. Bournemouth were gutted they didn't win that.
A time to look forward on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 1127 viewsshandyjack

A time to look forward on 15:23 - Mar 9 by jasper_T

Talking more about the Monk period. Bournemouth were gutted they didn't win that.

ah, my bad, you never specified the period, just stated this season

Poll: Expectation for the season

A time to look forward on 17:03 - Mar 9 with 1096 viewsjasper_T

A time to look forward on 15:30 - Mar 9 by shandyjack

Not that we've looked especially impressive in beating Norwich and Watford recently, either.
A time to look forward on 17:12 - Mar 9 with 1086 viewsStarsky

A time to look forward on 15:30 - Mar 9 by shandyjack

He has specified this season... That's how I read it.
And we were dreadful against Watford away and the start of the Bournemouth game we were overrun and 2-0 down before we know it

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024