Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IDS 21:11 - Mar 18 with 13122 viewsDan_Swan

Has gone....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

Still following Dr's orders!

IDS on 11:06 - Mar 19 with 1822 viewsDarran

IDS on 11:03 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

I've worked with learning disabled people for decades. Their complex behaviour means they can also have a number of the other 'questionable' disabilities you list.

That's the spirit though, ask whether they need financial support or not.

He's a disgusting c*nt mate and I've said several times recently that he should be banned.
The f*cking idiot has no idea what he's talking about and neither does anyone else most of the time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

IDS on 11:23 - Mar 19 with 1796 viewsepaul

IDS on 11:06 - Mar 19 by Darran

He's a disgusting c*nt mate and I've said several times recently that he should be banned.
The f*cking idiot has no idea what he's talking about and neither does anyone else most of the time.

IDS nailed, written by Jack Monroe

But seriously.
The man who quoted the slogan on the gates of Auschwitz to justify cuts to basic welfare support - HE QUOTED THE SLOGAN ON THE GATES OF AUCHWITZ - and we are supposed to believe he has suddenly has a massive moral u-turn? A huge change of heart?
He invented false case studies of pretend 'benefit claimants' to distribute on leaflets to back up his brutal cuts to the meagre support given to some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
He laughed his way through the bedroom tax debate.
He repeatedly claimed that people with severe disabilities were just 'lazy' and that those who chose to work despite severe physical and/or mental challenges were a lesser asset to their employer.
The man who 'welcomed' the rise in food banks in the UK (half of referrals are as a direct result to cuts and changes in benefits).
The man who had his Parliamentary credit card suspended after running up £1000 in expenses that he couldn't account for (paid for by me and you and every other UK taxpayer...in lieu of, oh, children's centres and libraries and firefighters and domestic abuse support and the things that actually f*cking matter.)
The man who thinks 'other people' should live on £53 a week...while he enjoys a £39 breakfast THAT WE ALL PAY FOR.
I mean that's the biggest irony right?
Because benefit claimants are taxpayers. There is no 'us and them'. On sanitary towels. On socks. On basic everyday items. And those taxes pay for things like IDS' £39 breakfast. What twisted f*ckup is this that people who are suffering under his cuts are BUYING HIS F*CKING BREAKFAST? And paying for his home. And his wife to shuffle his papers.
Remember Paul Mickleburgh? 33 years of renal treatment and 4 failed transplants and 14 heart attacks...assessed as 'fit to work' under IDS.
He's the guy whose 'if it ain't broke then break it a bit' Universal Credit trial threw 90% of its social housing tenants into rent arrears because it was so f*cking disastrously inept.
The guy who CLAIMED EXPENSES FOR HIS F*CKING PANTS. Expenses are meant to be 'wholly, exclusively and necessarily for work'. The man has such a loose grip on reality he thinks he is entitled to FREE F*CKING UNDERPANTS.
Who pushed for benefits to be paid on restrictive plastic cards while running up unaccountable bills on his own parliamentary credit card.
The man who claimed Child Benefit for all four of his children - but thinks 'other people' should only have two - and signed on the dole for 6 months himself, but how quickly he forgets as he lambasts benefit claimants as something 'other', an underclass. Oh how he sneers.
The truth is, we can all whoop at his resignation but he retains his £70k a year (basic salary) job.
He has nabbed almost A MILLION in the last 5 years from the public purse in salary, expenses and allowances.
He still earns a basic salary of 3x the average full time UK wage.
He has no concept, none whatsoever, of what it is to try to scrape and survive in this country.
He has no idea how damaging it is, to be constantly chipped away at, for life to be increasingly more difficult, colder, hungrier, more demanding letters through the door. What it feels like to sit with your back against the door hissing at a toddler to be quiet because you're pretending you're not home as the bailiffs hammer on the other side of it again and again and again.
He has no idea of the lasting damage caused by living on the run, of 13 homes in 5 years, of the scars left behind. Years later I cannot open my own front door most of the time if I am not expecting a visitor. I miss work opportunities because I do not answer unknown numbers. The post piles up in the kitchen because I do not open my letters. I have trouble paying my bills, even now. I have been in and out of therapy, medicated up to my eyeballs, but still 6 boxes sit in my box room unpacked because there is a deeply ingrained fear that this home - like all the others - isn't permanent.
I cannot believe this man has suddenly developed a bleeding heart. I have sat opposite him in committee meetings. He is resolute, adamant, delights in his ideologies.
I am watching this with suspicion and interest. The Conservative Party seems to be splintering - one half Brexit extremists looking to hoover up the disaffected Kippers with hardline rightwing rhetoric, and the other coaxing back any floundering Liberal Democrats. Watching and furrowing brow. But having sat in meeting with this man for 3 years I cannot believe his resignation letter. I just can't. I just can't.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

IDS on 11:38 - Mar 19 with 1782 viewsLohengrin

"HE QUOTED THE SLOGAN ON THE GATES OF AUCHWITZ !"

You realise the Nazis appropriated that, don't you? Possibly from a Diefenbach treatise, more likely from Church teaching. Just because a phrase has been turned to horrible usage doesn't necessarily invalidate the sentiment.

Hitler's propaganda ministry churned out posters by the million warning of the dangers of smoking and the importance of animal welfare. If you see somebody puffing a vape or patting a Greyhound you don't suddenly say to yourself "A-ha... there's one of those Nartzeeez over there!"

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

IDS on 11:42 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 09:01 - Mar 19 by dgt73

And not everyone with a disability should be entitled to benefits- people with disabilities should still work if they can. It's not as if they are expected to go down a coal mine. Many disabled people work and they have my respect. If you can operate a computer you can work.

My son, 8, has autism. He's 'high functioning' thankfully, and what he can do on a computer is pretty astounding given his age. However, he has social issues which will, in all probability, be a barrier to employment in the future.

You really should engage your brain before making such general, sweeping statements.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

IDS on 11:48 - Mar 19 with 1761 viewsDarran

IDS on 11:42 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

My son, 8, has autism. He's 'high functioning' thankfully, and what he can do on a computer is pretty astounding given his age. However, he has social issues which will, in all probability, be a barrier to employment in the future.

You really should engage your brain before making such general, sweeping statements.

It's easy to say employ a disabled person that can use a computer but is he prepared to also employ another person to transport the disabled person back and forth to work and look after them during the day too?
Being able to use a computer FFS what an ignorant c*nt.

IDS on 11:52 - Mar 19 with 1751 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 11:48 - Mar 19 by Darran

It's easy to say employ a disabled person that can use a computer but is he prepared to also employ another person to transport the disabled person back and forth to work and look after them during the day too?
Being able to use a computer FFS what an ignorant c*nt.

People who have zero real life experience of disabilities should, quite frankly, shut the f*ck up.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

IDS on 11:54 - Mar 19 with 1744 viewsDarran

IDS on 11:52 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

People who have zero real life experience of disabilities should, quite frankly, shut the f*ck up.

Yep it's shocking ignorance.

IDS on 12:29 - Mar 19 with 1719 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are we really expected to believe that IDS has suddenly discovered a conscience ? What's happened here is that Cameron and Osborne have shat themselves over the backlash to the latest unjustifiable attack on the vulnerable that IDS devised and fully supported. IDS has now been made to look like a c*nt and has decided to laughably try to paint himself as the saviour of the disabled.

This resignation is all about the future direction of the Tory party post-referendum and nothing to do with concern over swingeing benefits cuts.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

IDS on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 1695 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 12:29 - Mar 19 by exiledclaseboy

Are we really expected to believe that IDS has suddenly discovered a conscience ? What's happened here is that Cameron and Osborne have shat themselves over the backlash to the latest unjustifiable attack on the vulnerable that IDS devised and fully supported. IDS has now been made to look like a c*nt and has decided to laughably try to paint himself as the saviour of the disabled.

This resignation is all about the future direction of the Tory party post-referendum and nothing to do with concern over swingeing benefits cuts.

Lovely stuff sir

IDS on 12:54 - Mar 19 with 1680 viewsLohengrin

IDS on 12:29 - Mar 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's the usual debased old gang jockeying for position. It's inconcievable anyone would take it for anything else.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

IDS on 13:11 - Mar 19 with 1661 viewsskippyjack

IDS on 11:06 - Mar 19 by Darran

God, if he works with disabled people.. he needs to be sacked.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

IDS on 13:16 - Mar 19 with 1643 viewsskippyjack

Why will it be a barrier?.. he has 'social issues'.. so what? if he can do the job, he's fine.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

IDS on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 1634 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 13:16 - Mar 19 by skippyjack

Why will it be a barrier?.. he has 'social issues'.. so what? if he can do the job, he's fine.

Right, that's okay then. Thanks for clearing that up Skip.

IDS on 13:19 - Mar 19 with 1634 viewsdgt73

And maybe you should read what I said earlier- which was people who really need help should get it.
Now what's your opinion on people getting this benefit when they could work ?.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

IDS on 13:24 - Mar 19 with 1623 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 13:19 - Mar 19 by dgt73

And maybe you should read what I said earlier- which was people who really need help should get it.
Now what's your opinion on people getting this benefit when they could work ?.

It's not a simple black and white issue - can/can't work. There's degrees of support to consider as well as other logistical issues. You're simplifying to an unrealistic degree.

I work with disabled people, and on a Monday run a session where we build fingerprint sensor door locks. Does this mean the people that come to the group could 'work' in the mainstream sense? Trust me fella - no, it really doesn't.

IDS on 13:28 - Mar 19 with 1614 viewsskippyjack

IDS on 13:18 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

Right, that's okay then. Thanks for clearing that up Skip.

Autistic people are smarter than half the population anyway.. smarter than you for one..

there are autistic people out there.. you wouldn't know talking face to face.

IDS on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 1607 viewsdgt73

IDS on 13:24 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

It's not a simple black and white issue - can/can't work. There's degrees of support to consider as well as other logistical issues. You're simplifying to an unrealistic degree.

I work with disabled people, and on a Monday run a session where we build fingerprint sensor door locks. Does this mean the people that come to the group could 'work' in the mainstream sense? Trust me fella - no, it really doesn't.

So what about the hundreds of thousands of disabled people who go to work everyday

IDS on 13:33 - Mar 19 with 1599 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 13:28 - Mar 19 by skippyjack

Autistic people are smarter than half the population anyway.. smarter than you for one..

Skip old chap I've worked with disabled people (including those with autism) for over two decades. I'd probably have an inkling.

A lot of people with autism are indeed very smart, but the condition can come with other complexities.

But I'll bow to your obviously superior knowledge.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 13:36]

IDS on 13:34 - Mar 19 with 1593 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 13:30 - Mar 19 by dgt73

So what about the hundreds of thousands of disabled people who go to work everyday

What about them? Good on them.

Sorry - I probably should have specified that I work with adults with a learning disability too, quite a specific area.

IDS on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 1591 viewslondonlisa2001

IDS on 13:16 - Mar 19 by skippyjack

What's your excuse for not doing a job then?

Hopefully we're not paying you any benefits.

You have no clue.
IDS on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 1591 viewsStarsky

IDS on 06:53 - Mar 19 by jackportis

What part do you find ignorant? That there are too many badge holders? Fact. That people with blue badges Spring out of their cars? Fact. That britains are soft? Fact. You will also be familiar ladies and gentlemen that this poster is a frequent commentator of JP s postings.

This link portrays what is wrong with you and your type, jumping to conclusions...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/woman-with-multiple-sclerosi

It's just the internet, init.

IDS on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 1585 viewsepaul

IDS on 13:24 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

Don't waste your time honestly, my granddaughter is 4 and is autistic, she can't speak yet though hopefully that will develop, she too has social issues at such a young age. My daughter is battling nail and tooth to get what she can for her, it isn't easy, the way she sees it she will forever be a carer for her daughter, and probably won't be able to back to employmention, which she desperately wants to do. I can see the strain is all putting on her.
Never mind aye as some on here would have it, they can go to work, it's as simple as that!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

IDS on 13:38 - Mar 19 with 1583 viewslondonlisa2001

IDS on 13:28 - Mar 19 by skippyjack

You really do manage to blend unbelievable ignorance with equally unbelievable offensiveness.
IDS on 13:39 - Mar 19 with 1579 viewsdgt73

IDS on 13:34 - Mar 19 by Jack_Meoff

What about them? Good on them.

Sorry - I probably should have specified that I work with adults with a learning disability too, quite a specific area.

Yes you obviously work with people who aren't able to work and as I've already said should get all the help they need. There are though people who are claiming these benefits who shouldn't be.

IDS on 13:40 - Mar 19 with 1578 viewsJack_Meoff

IDS on 13:35 - Mar 19 by londonlisa2001

What's your excuse for not doing a job then?

Hopefully we're not paying you any benefits.

You have no clue.

Have to laugh mind

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024