Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v engerlund 13:27 - May 24 with 7395 viewsQuakerJack

Just heard Lens is going to be an alcohol free town from 6am the morning of the game, until 6am the next morning... The exception will be the fan park... I know the stadium was scheduled before, but surely someone should have thought long and hard about hosting the biggest game of the group stages in a town smaller than Port Talbot, at the smallest stadium in the tournament, within urinating distance from Callais...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Wales v engerlund on 22:34 - May 25 with 1636 viewsunion_jack

Be nice if we could all get on and enjoy the gig.

If not, then let's all get together and turn on Cardiff

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales v engerlund on 23:36 - May 25 with 1596 viewsAquinas

There will 100% be trouble. There would be at any event with that amount of people.

However, I hope the trouble is limited to isolated scuffles and nothing widespread. The French police have shown in many champions league matches that they aren't afraid to get physical. I expect they'll get the water cannons out.

Our fans were provoked by Italians years ago and reacted (rightfully so IMO), I hope the French authorities do a good enough job of stopping English fans targeting and abusing smaller pockets of Welsh fans because there will be a reaction.

The biggest shame is that this tournament is facing a very real threat of a terrorist attack and a huge amount of resources have to be taken away from protecting football fans because Steve from Cleethorpes wants to bottle Dai Evans from Ebbw Vale.
Wales v engerlund on 23:39 - May 25 with 1595 viewsLoyal

Wales v engerlund on 23:36 - May 25 by Aquinas

There will 100% be trouble. There would be at any event with that amount of people.

However, I hope the trouble is limited to isolated scuffles and nothing widespread. The French police have shown in many champions league matches that they aren't afraid to get physical. I expect they'll get the water cannons out.

Our fans were provoked by Italians years ago and reacted (rightfully so IMO), I hope the French authorities do a good enough job of stopping English fans targeting and abusing smaller pockets of Welsh fans because there will be a reaction.

The biggest shame is that this tournament is facing a very real threat of a terrorist attack and a huge amount of resources have to be taken away from protecting football fans because Steve from Cleethorpes wants to bottle Dai Evans from Ebbw Vale.

Yeah but Dai Evans is a right cnt mind 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wales v engerlund on 08:49 - May 26 with 1535 viewsDewi1jack

Kermit plod weren't too accommodating and friendly with us when we played PSG what seems like a lifetime ago.
Quite handy with those long nightsticks.
Plus the b'stards are armed.
Although they soon gave those up when the Germans played in France

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wales v engerlund on 08:56 - May 26 with 1530 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wales v engerlund on 13:35 - May 24 by LeonisGod

Trying to stop the Welsh and English drinking will be a bit of a King Canute moment. Nice idea, but people will get round it with takeouts.

French police will have a no-nonsense attitude to anyone trying to flout their rules.
They think nothing of bringing in the national guard to quell trouble, and unfortunately English fans in particular have done themselves no favours in the past.
Wales v engerlund on 09:03 - May 26 with 1528 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wales v engerlund on 15:53 - May 25 by Loyal

So much disinformation.
The dry ban refers to outside drinking and unruly behaviour.
No bars will be closed.

I don't know how many people the bars will hold, but it will be a small minority of those wanting to go in them.
Likewise the fanzone.
The rest are better off staying at home or in a different city or town and enjoy the game and a few drinks.
Otherwise it will be carnage - the fans (and ultimately English and Welsh football when the inevitable bans follow) will be the ones who suffer
Wales v engerlund on 11:14 - May 26 with 1490 viewsbuilthjack

So it turns out that the only place the ban applies to is people drinking in the street, their own alcohol. All bars, inside and out, and fanzones, will be able to sell alcohol.
Whats the problem? The vast majority will either drink inside or sat outside a bar, or in the fanzones. Its only the local tramps and homeless that drink on the street isn't it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v engerlund on 12:34 - May 26 with 1461 viewsLoyal

Wales v engerlund on 11:14 - May 26 by builthjack

So it turns out that the only place the ban applies to is people drinking in the street, their own alcohol. All bars, inside and out, and fanzones, will be able to sell alcohol.
Whats the problem? The vast majority will either drink inside or sat outside a bar, or in the fanzones. Its only the local tramps and homeless that drink on the street isn't it?

Exactly 👍And there will be other outside areas where businesses can sell alcohol. I got this direct from our hotel manager. The ban report has really wound them up, there isn't one, it's the same as here , your not allowed to be pissedd with ale in the street !

Media twa ts doing their usual rubbish. They did it in Belgium when England fans rioted by winding them up and telling them bullshit.

Once again, there is no ban.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 12:35]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v engerlund on 15:34 - May 26 with 1405 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Wales v engerlund on 08:56 - May 26 by SwaneeRiver

French police will have a no-nonsense attitude to anyone trying to flout their rules.
They think nothing of bringing in the national guard to quell trouble, and unfortunately English fans in particular have done themselves no favours in the past.

Cause england fans are w-=k-rs
Wales v engerlund on 15:41 - May 26 with 1393 viewsblueytheblue

Wales v engerlund on 23:39 - May 25 by Loyal

Yeah but Dai Evans is a right cnt mind 😂

And we all know the Cleethorpes Crew ( Steve, Inky, Binky, Stinky and Clyde ) never travel.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wales v engerlund on 17:04 - May 26 with 1358 viewsDewi1jack

Wales v engerlund on 15:41 - May 26 by blueytheblue

And we all know the Cleethorpes Crew ( Steve, Inky, Binky, Stinky and Clyde ) never travel.

What?
Like Cardiff to Sheffield?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wales v engerlund on 22:10 - May 26 with 1294 viewsEdmundo

Its the fanzone in Swansea for me then ☝

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Wales v engerlund on 08:54 - May 27 with 1214 viewsraynor94

The big problem is going to be Lens is a town smaller than Port Talbot, apart from the 33000 ticket holders how many more thousands are going to be there, bars might be open but how on earth will you get in, a real poor decision to hold it there, hope I'm wrong but can only see it kicking off big time there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales v engerlund on 09:06 - May 27 with 1204 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wales v engerlund on 08:54 - May 27 by raynor94

The big problem is going to be Lens is a town smaller than Port Talbot, apart from the 33000 ticket holders how many more thousands are going to be there, bars might be open but how on earth will you get in, a real poor decision to hold it there, hope I'm wrong but can only see it kicking off big time there

I know many fans just want to experience going to a tournament, even though they can't get in to see the game live.
However, if they are just going to spend all day in a fanzone anyway, then if there were enough fanzones established in England and Wales and they made it a proper carnival atmosphere, I'm sure many would have second thoughts about going.
I hope it doesn't kick off as it will back fire on the English and Welsh FA's and possibly even our clubs (the effect of that and Joe Jordan's handball still remain with me)
It has been badly planned and thought out.
As soon as this one came out, they should have moved it to Paris or at least a much bigger stadium and city
Wales v engerlund on 10:29 - May 27 with 1181 viewsDewi1jack

"As soon as this one came out, they should have moved it to Paris or at least a much bigger stadium and city"

Couldn't agree more Swanee.
Have a feeling the Kermits seriously underestimated or have misunderstood the meaning/ the effect of this game on UK fans and went for this area as it's close to the tunnel, making it easy to travel.
Easier option than having trouble breaking out down the A26/ A1 as well
Maybe Lens is a town/ stadium the Police can be more effective should trouble break out. Can see the CRS having had a say in all the matches and where they're played.

Either that, or it's just closer to deport troublemakers

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024