Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great development regards safe standing 13:02 - Jun 6 with 5232 viewsdonkeylabour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205523

Hopefully we'll see this in the not to distant future.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Great development regards safe standing on 13:05 - Jun 6 with 3759 viewsblueytheblue

As always the problem is then that people decide to stand everywhere not just any designated areas. I prefer to sit during games, mostly due to the fact my knees tend to ache after a while.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Great development regards safe standing on 13:13 - Jun 6 with 3731 viewstrampie

I'm all for terracing, don't like this sitting down malarkey, its for old men and rich people.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Great development regards safe standing on 13:14 - Jun 6 with 3723 viewsProfessor

I would prefer to sit, but IF we expand -the North stand being easiest I guess-we could trial this for example in the north east corner?
Great development regards safe standing on 13:15 - Jun 6 with 3713 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 13:05 - Jun 6 by blueytheblue

As always the problem is then that people decide to stand everywhere not just any designated areas. I prefer to sit during games, mostly due to the fact my knees tend to ache after a while.

That's why it needs to come in, so people who like to sit can sit.

It would improve the atmosphere immeasurably.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Great development regards safe standing on 13:15 - Jun 6 with 3710 viewsbuilthjack

But we stand at every away game already!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Great development regards safe standing on 13:18 - Jun 6 with 3695 viewsblueytheblue

Great development regards safe standing on 13:15 - Jun 6 by donkeylabour

That's why it needs to come in, so people who like to sit can sit.

It would improve the atmosphere immeasurably.

We've turned a blind eye in the one stand. So people want to stand, then go in that stand.

People still stand in other areas then whine about stewards trying to get them to sit down...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Great development regards safe standing on 13:22 - Jun 6 with 3677 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 13:18 - Jun 6 by blueytheblue

We've turned a blind eye in the one stand. So people want to stand, then go in that stand.

People still stand in other areas then whine about stewards trying to get them to sit down...

All these problems would diminish - at the moment it's against the law.

It's only because of weight of numbers people are getting away with it.

Great development regards safe standing on 13:26 - Jun 6 with 3668 viewslonglostjack

Great development regards safe standing on 13:05 - Jun 6 by blueytheblue

Enough room for you to lie down if you want to in your stadium.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Great development regards safe standing on 14:27 - Jun 6 with 3588 viewsAl_Bundy

If standing returns so will unruly behaviour at grounds.
Great development regards safe standing on 14:31 - Jun 6 with 3575 viewsairedale

Because you have constant standing in certain areas in every stadium in the PL. it would be replacing unsafe standing with safe standing. No brainer to me.
Great development regards safe standing on 14:34 - Jun 6 with 3562 viewsDafyddHuw

Great development regards safe standing on 14:27 - Jun 6 by Al_Bundy

How do you make that quantum leap?
Great development regards safe standing on 14:45 - Jun 6 with 3540 viewsLoyal

Great development regards safe standing on 13:22 - Jun 6 by donkeylabour

All these problems would diminish - at the moment it's against the law.

It's only because of weight of numbers people are getting away with it.

I'm afraid that's incorrect mate, there is no 'law' regards standing in all seater grounds.

EDIT - I've had a few PM's. The law states the football ground supplies you with a seat at premier league and championship grounds, there is no law that states you have to sit in it. So don't be fooled in to thinking you can be arrested for not sitting down. Logical when you think about it. You can be ejected from the ground but not arrested or convicted. The issue of persistent standing is an offence but the club are at fault for this not you. 👍
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 15:15]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Great development regards safe standing on 15:11 - Jun 6 with 3493 viewsscottishjack

Great development regards safe standing on 14:27 - Jun 6 by Al_Bundy

Just in time for Old Firm games returning to Scottish league... What could go wrong eh?

I'm in favour of standing areas btw, but of all the clubs to trial it... Celtic?
Great development regards safe standing on 15:26 - Jun 6 with 3471 viewsAl_Bundy

Great development regards safe standing on 14:34 - Jun 6 by DafyddHuw

How do you make that quantum leap?

Not rocket science.. seating keeps groups quite restricted in the stands. Put a 1000 or so lads together in a standing environment will improve the atmosphere at grounds but also add an edge especially in certain fixtures.
Great development regards safe standing on 15:36 - Jun 6 with 3461 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 15:26 - Jun 6 by Al_Bundy

Not rocket science.. seating keeps groups quite restricted in the stands. Put a 1000 or so lads together in a standing environment will improve the atmosphere at grounds but also add an edge especially in certain fixtures.

'add an edge'

Excellent that's what football needs. Look I don't want the return of hooliganism but the balance seems to be shifting too far the other way. When pretty much every ground the away fans are the loudest something is very wrong.

Great development regards safe standing on 15:49 - Jun 6 with 3439 viewslondonlisa2001

Great development regards safe standing on 15:36 - Jun 6 by donkeylabour

'add an edge'

Excellent that's what football needs. Look I don't want the return of hooliganism but the balance seems to be shifting too far the other way. When pretty much every ground the away fans are the loudest something is very wrong.

Given that those away fans are also in seats it's obviously not that though is it.
Great development regards safe standing on 16:05 - Jun 6 with 3411 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 15:49 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Given that those away fans are also in seats it's obviously not that though is it.

Umm they're standing up love

Great development regards safe standing on 16:19 - Jun 6 with 3394 viewsBanosswan

Great development regards safe standing on 15:49 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

The away fans will generally be more of the 'hard core' element, so will be standing/singing more. To drown out home support with 1/10 of the numbers means there's obviously something wrong.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Great development regards safe standing on 16:23 - Jun 6 with 3389 viewslondonlisa2001

Great development regards safe standing on 16:05 - Jun 6 by donkeylabour

Umm they're standing up love

Umm, so are the home fans nearest them.

Still could hear a pin drop a lot of the time.

Away fans tend to be louder because everyone's on a day out, drinking with mates etc not because of seats.
Great development regards safe standing on 16:24 - Jun 6 with 3383 viewslondonlisa2001

Great development regards safe standing on 16:19 - Jun 6 by Banosswan

The away fans will generally be more of the 'hard core' element, so will be standing/singing more. To drown out home support with 1/10 of the numbers means there's obviously something wrong.

Exactly - more 'hard core', day out, drinking more etc. not because they're standing or sitting. Ours stand as well in the North East.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 16:25]
Great development regards safe standing on 16:28 - Jun 6 with 3371 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 16:23 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Umm, so are the home fans nearest them.

Still could hear a pin drop a lot of the time.

Away fans tend to be louder because everyone's on a day out, drinking with mates etc not because of seats.

So are you seriously saying that if they sat down, it wouldn't limit the atmosphere?

Great development regards safe standing on 16:31 - Jun 6 with 3361 viewsBanosswan

Great development regards safe standing on 16:24 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Exactly - more 'hard core', day out, drinking more etc. not because they're standing or sitting. Ours stand as well in the North East.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 16:25]

Unsafely!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Great development regards safe standing on 16:31 - Jun 6 with 3361 viewslondonlisa2001

Great development regards safe standing on 16:28 - Jun 6 by donkeylabour

So are you seriously saying that if they sat down, it wouldn't limit the atmosphere?

No. I'm saying that both home and away stand up so that's not what causes the difference in noise between the two.

Don't extrapolate.
Great development regards safe standing on 16:37 - Jun 6 with 3334 viewsdonkeylabour

Great development regards safe standing on 16:31 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

No. I'm saying that both home and away stand up so that's not what causes the difference in noise between the two.

Don't extrapolate.

I like you.

The reality is though that although some Home fans stand at present it's sporadic and there will be different people in those areas and not like the old days where people could group more easily.

Safe standing areas would mean that stewards would no longer get in the way, it would become a focal heartbeat of the ground unlike now where there's a corner where some people try but in reality it's pretty poor. Have a clearly defined area for singers and the rest can sit down tap their foot, eat a hot dog play with their iPhone (jeez) sleep, sh1t (well maybe not sh1t) whatever.

Great development regards safe standing on 16:38 - Jun 6 with 3332 viewsBanosswan

Great development regards safe standing on 16:31 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Don't extrapolate.

He's entitled to infer from your implication.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024