Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club 20:21 - Jul 18 with 9382 viewsSwansTrust

The Supporters' Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of Swansea City Football Club...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/07/18/trust-remains-disappointed-at-the-lack-of
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 20:22]

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 19:16 - Jul 19 with 1824 viewswaynekerr55

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 19:08 - Jul 19 by WarwickHunt

"Dougie" seems to have f*cked off as well...

To be fair he did reply to one of my Hunt in Kerr (2016, p.5) posts the other day...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 08:42 - Jul 20 with 1700 viewsdougie

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 19:08 - Jul 19 by WarwickHunt

"Dougie" seems to have f*cked off as well...

I'm here. Apologies, I didn't realise it was mandatory to comment on every thread. Thanks for thinking of me though.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 09:28 - Jul 20 with 1655 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 08:42 - Jul 20 by dougie

I'm here. Apologies, I didn't realise it was mandatory to comment on every thread. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Your thoughts on the investment - oops, takeover?
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 09:51 - Jul 20 with 1620 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 16:51 - Jul 19 by MoscowJack

Great, but who would buy them? Nobody would want to buy them now.

I'm not sure that's true. As an asset, I can only see the value of the club increasing ... if run properly of course.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:09 - Jul 20 with 1590 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 18:37 - Jul 19 by monmouth

Really not wanting to start a Shakedown on here, but it is possible that the trust might be able to force an equal price sale under minority interest protection law. No doubt they have legal chapter and verse. Even if possible that's a tough call, and easy to shout the odds or throw stones from the sidelines.

Couldn't get into legals here even if I had a firm enough grasp of them.

Either way, that's pretty much a last resort "well, we've tried everything else but they're a complete bunch of chancers who we can't possibly work with" situation, isn't it?

Are we there yet? An entirely subjective decision ultimately, however I think repeated Trust statements expressing lack of engagement etc over the last 3 months especially but over the last 10 months (at least) in general don't exactly give a warm and fuzzy feel. However, where there's life there's hope and there are at least lines of communication now.

This is just my personal opinion, but the Trust is ultimately there to protect the long term interests of the fans and the future of the football club. Being engaged in the running of the club, and being able to influence such matters, is the ideal way of doing that. Has it been done perfectly to date? Course not, however I do think the Trust has been a positive influence and, importantly, has influenced. Either way, there are words and deeds. We'll see what the future brings on that score.

There's enough material in all this for a couple of books I reckon.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:53 - Jul 20 with 1535 viewsmonmouth

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:09 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

Couldn't get into legals here even if I had a firm enough grasp of them.

Either way, that's pretty much a last resort "well, we've tried everything else but they're a complete bunch of chancers who we can't possibly work with" situation, isn't it?

Are we there yet? An entirely subjective decision ultimately, however I think repeated Trust statements expressing lack of engagement etc over the last 3 months especially but over the last 10 months (at least) in general don't exactly give a warm and fuzzy feel. However, where there's life there's hope and there are at least lines of communication now.

This is just my personal opinion, but the Trust is ultimately there to protect the long term interests of the fans and the future of the football club. Being engaged in the running of the club, and being able to influence such matters, is the ideal way of doing that. Has it been done perfectly to date? Course not, however I do think the Trust has been a positive influence and, importantly, has influenced. Either way, there are words and deeds. We'll see what the future brings on that score.

There's enough material in all this for a couple of books I reckon.

Oh yes, my view is always generally that you're better trying to lobby inside the tent, but it only works if you have any levers to lobby with. Words and promises aren't enough....and we don't seem to be getting those. There must come a point soon where the decision is stark...IF there is an option. the Trust sitting outside the tent with 21m in the bank building a serious PR machine might well be a much more powerful watchdog and lobbyist. As I'm typing that I'm starting to lean that way you know, IF it's an option. After all, how can the current or new bunch be trusted in good faith now?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:17 - Jul 20 with 1466 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 09:51 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure that's true. As an asset, I can only see the value of the club increasing ... if run properly of course.

That might be the case, but there's absolutely no need for the new owners to expose themselves further, unless they have a confirmed bid some time in the future. That would make sense at that time but they have no need to own more shares now and don't want to anyway.

Anyone else would see the situation as it is and run for the hills. Nobody would want a minority interest in a basket-case boardroom situation, with us probably being one of the top 5-7 favourites for relegation (at the moment) and with the Supporters Trust being effectively being "blanked" into oblivion by the major shareholders.

Not a nice cocktail.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:19 - Jul 20 with 1460 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:17 - Jul 20 by MoscowJack

That might be the case, but there's absolutely no need for the new owners to expose themselves further, unless they have a confirmed bid some time in the future. That would make sense at that time but they have no need to own more shares now and don't want to anyway.

Anyone else would see the situation as it is and run for the hills. Nobody would want a minority interest in a basket-case boardroom situation, with us probably being one of the top 5-7 favourites for relegation (at the moment) and with the Supporters Trust being effectively being "blanked" into oblivion by the major shareholders.

Not a nice cocktail.

This is all assuming the Trust doesn't have levers. Which is an invalid working hypothesis IMO.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:21 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:53 - Jul 20 by monmouth

Oh yes, my view is always generally that you're better trying to lobby inside the tent, but it only works if you have any levers to lobby with. Words and promises aren't enough....and we don't seem to be getting those. There must come a point soon where the decision is stark...IF there is an option. the Trust sitting outside the tent with 21m in the bank building a serious PR machine might well be a much more powerful watchdog and lobbyist. As I'm typing that I'm starting to lean that way you know, IF it's an option. After all, how can the current or new bunch be trusted in good faith now?

I've been saying this for months but I don't think the Trust have the appetite to change itself to an "outside looking in" type role.

With the interest on 20m+ alone they would be able to contribute a huge amount to things like grassroots football in Swansea as well as funding whatever PR campaigns they need to put even more pressure on the Board than they are currently able to.

Then, if/when the sh!t hits the fan, they have a fighting fund to help get us back on our feet again. In my personal opinion, it's the best long-term option there is (excluding the unlikely option that the Americans do a complete u-turn and become best buddies with the Trust!).

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 1441 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:19 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

This is all assuming the Trust doesn't have levers. Which is an invalid working hypothesis IMO.

Not many levers on display at the moment in fairness Ux.

Moscow is right though - the chance of anyone buying a minority stake is nil - if the trust wish to monetise it'll have to be by bringing action against the majority.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:33 - Jul 20 with 1424 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:28 - Jul 20 by londonlisa2001

Not many levers on display at the moment in fairness Ux.

Moscow is right though - the chance of anyone buying a minority stake is nil - if the trust wish to monetise it'll have to be by bringing action against the majority.

Unless there's a massive lever in the shareholder's agreement issue which was mentioned in the Trust's last statement.

I might be a bit behind but that was a pretty nice "veiled" threat that they threw out there in that statement.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:43 - Jul 20 with 1395 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:33 - Jul 20 by MoscowJack

Unless there's a massive lever in the shareholder's agreement issue which was mentioned in the Trust's last statement.

I might be a bit behind but that was a pretty nice "veiled" threat that they threw out there in that statement.

Oh it was defintely a threat - not very veiled either I didn't think, but no one seems to care very much.

I have no doubt the way the next few days will go - some sort of presser when they finally get their collective act together, followed by promises of new levels, followed by the signing of a couple of players, so 'the fans' get excited (probably involving Joe or similar). Then weeks of repeatedly refusing to talk to anyone hoping everyone will forget when the season starts.
At least they've already found their cheerleaders - it's like Annis and that idiot sidekick of his from Neath spreading joy about Sam Hamman.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:43 - Jul 20 with 1393 viewsDafyddHuw

I keep wanting to rejoin the Trust, but the lack of any threat of action from them disuades me.
It's obvious that the new owners have totally no respect for the Trust, who should be making public comments along the lines of "If you refuse to play ball with us, we'll make your tenure as difficult as possible".
At the moment the Trust's about as threatening as a slightly miffed marshmallow.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:26 - Jul 20 with 1344 viewsPhil_S

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:43 - Jul 20 by DafyddHuw

I keep wanting to rejoin the Trust, but the lack of any threat of action from them disuades me.
It's obvious that the new owners have totally no respect for the Trust, who should be making public comments along the lines of "If you refuse to play ball with us, we'll make your tenure as difficult as possible".
At the moment the Trust's about as threatening as a slightly miffed marshmallow.

Playing out battles in public does nobody any favours and most certainly damages the football club

Never take the lack of threats in public as a lack of things being discussed behind the scenes

I know there is an irony in that we aren't active in the transfer market but we would be even less so if public boardroom battles were being played out.

I would urge you to rejoin the Trust but I do see and understand your frustration completely

This is really difficult to be fully open about because certain things do have to remain confidential
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:13 - Jul 20 with 1247 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:26 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

Playing out battles in public does nobody any favours and most certainly damages the football club

Never take the lack of threats in public as a lack of things being discussed behind the scenes

I know there is an irony in that we aren't active in the transfer market but we would be even less so if public boardroom battles were being played out.

I would urge you to rejoin the Trust but I do see and understand your frustration completely

This is really difficult to be fully open about because certain things do have to remain confidential

OK, I'll take you at your word. But only because you're Alan Curtis.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 1222 viewsDarran

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:13 - Jul 20 by DafyddHuw

OK, I'll take you at your word. But only because you're Alan Curtis.

Remember who you're talking to there Daf and have some respect that's Phil Sumbler FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 1214 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:26 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

Even less active in the transfer market?

What, you mean we wouldn't have bought a fourth choice back up goalkeeper for free?

In seriousness, I can see the point, which is well taken. However, the issue will always be in such a situation, that the PR war which could be crucial, is played out with only one participant. And I'm not sure you'll be able to fully make up the ground afterwards if necessary to do so.

It's like Huw Cooze in the U.S. I can see the reason why he went and understand it. But it's also difficult to not see that as at least tacit endorsement of the new regime.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1191 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:16 - Jul 20 by Darran

Remember who you're talking to there Daf and have some respect that's Phil Sumbler FFS.

Sorry. Thought it was Curt. So are you saying that you're not Frank Zappa?

Feck me, and there's me thinking that the Doc was really Ian McShane.

I didn't mean any malice, and although I've never met Phil, I'm sure he's capable of fighting his own battles. Anyway, aren't we all equal here - or are some more equal than others?
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 1184 viewsDarran

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:23 - Jul 20 by DafyddHuw

Sorry. Thought it was Curt. So are you saying that you're not Frank Zappa?

Feck me, and there's me thinking that the Doc was really Ian McShane.

I didn't mean any malice, and although I've never met Phil, I'm sure he's capable of fighting his own battles. Anyway, aren't we all equal here - or are some more equal than others?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:31 - Jul 20 with 1167 viewsPhil_S

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:18 - Jul 20 by londonlisa2001

Even less active in the transfer market?

What, you mean we wouldn't have bought a fourth choice back up goalkeeper for free?

In seriousness, I can see the point, which is well taken. However, the issue will always be in such a situation, that the PR war which could be crucial, is played out with only one participant. And I'm not sure you'll be able to fully make up the ground afterwards if necessary to do so.

It's like Huw Cooze in the U.S. I can see the reason why he went and understand it. But it's also difficult to not see that as at least tacit endorsement of the new regime.

I do get it and understand. I really cant and wont go into any detail on here but there is a massive amount of work being undertaken and the only real PR so far has been three stories saying the deal is imminent, none of which have come to fruition.

Even today's magic press conference hasn't happened which in itself tells you much.

I'm in an impossible situation Lisa as you know full well the reasons I suspect why silence has to be maintained at this point and I hope you also know that the moment we have something we can talk about then we will do so - the one thing we have done during this thing is said things when there are new things to say (and sometimes even when there is nothing new)
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:37 - Jul 20 with 1151 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:31 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

I do get it and understand. I really cant and wont go into any detail on here but there is a massive amount of work being undertaken and the only real PR so far has been three stories saying the deal is imminent, none of which have come to fruition.

Even today's magic press conference hasn't happened which in itself tells you much.

I'm in an impossible situation Lisa as you know full well the reasons I suspect why silence has to be maintained at this point and I hope you also know that the moment we have something we can talk about then we will do so - the one thing we have done during this thing is said things when there are new things to say (and sometimes even when there is nothing new)

On the plus side, the book of all this should be a bestseller ...

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:39 - Jul 20 with 1141 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:31 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

I fully understand.

I'm sure you are also aware that people like me, or Monmouth, or Nick are completely supportive, but we sometimes can't help but vent our frustration, particularly when we start to read nonsense about how these guys 'get it' or seem 'committed to the club'.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:42 - Jul 20 with 1130 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:37 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

Perhaps someone should make a film...
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:48 - Jul 20 with 1113 viewsBorojack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:42 - Jul 20 by londonlisa2001

Perhaps someone should make a film...

From a King to the Conference would be a good title.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:54 - Jul 20 with 1104 viewsPhil_S

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 15:37 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

I'm after film rights I think its only right that George Clooney gets to play out his ambition of being me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024