Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official statement from the americans 20:48 - Jul 21 with 13791 viewsDDCH

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-statement-stephen-k

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Official statement from the americans on 21:54 - Jul 21 with 2674 viewssully49

Official statement from the americans on 21:39 - Jul 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

The "warm and friendly welcome" part certainly sounds like a bald faced lie, unless Swans supporters are a lot different in person than they've been on social media.

Other than that, I'm not real sure what the problem is.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 21:39]

The lack little or no information being generated by either parties has left me sceptical about th whole situation. We have to be as positive as we possible can and trust the powers that be to get the best deal in the intrest of the club.
In response to the OP I believe the trust is definitely not telling porkies.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Official statement from the americans on 21:55 - Jul 21 with 2668 viewsCaliforniaJack

Official statement from the americans on 21:07 - Jul 21 by monmouth

Well it starts them off with a lie, sorry CaliPomPom, but it does.

"We have reached out to the Supporters’ Trust and met with them on many occasions"

Unless the Trust is lying of course.

As to the rest, words are cheap, heard it all before. Ticket prices the same for 'foreseeable future'...oh aye, what's that then? The end of this season? Next?

Anyway it's done now. Let's see and hope they are sincere.

Resorting to name calling now, how childish ...
Official statement from the americans on 22:02 - Jul 21 with 2615 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Official statement from the americans on 21:49 - Jul 21 by morningstar

Problem for me at this moment in time, is that there is this statement instead of a scheduled press conference where questions would have been asked.

Said press conference didn't take place because of legal issues with New York-based Brian Katzen and business partner Jeffrey Crevoiserat? We can all think what we want. But my gut feeling is that this is all bad. What's your gut feeling?

My gut feeling is that it was some minor detail that Katzen and his partner (and presumably their attorneys) needed clarified. Assuming it just came up today, it probably wouldn't have been resolved so quickly if it was anything to worry about.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official statement from the americans on 22:10 - Jul 21 with 2535 viewsmorningstar

Official statement from the americans on 22:02 - Jul 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

My gut feeling is that it was some minor detail that Katzen and his partner (and presumably their attorneys) needed clarified. Assuming it just came up today, it probably wouldn't have been resolved so quickly if it was anything to worry about.

From where i'm standing Tum, there was no minor detail that needed clarifying and the deal was done and dusted using the shareholders i've mentioned 'conveniently US based' as an excuse for not giving a press conference where they would have to answer any questions that where put to them.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official statement from the americans on 22:16 - Jul 21 with 2486 viewsNookiejack

So what time tomorrow does the Trust indicate that it will be taking up its pre-emption rights - given Trust hasn't been engaging with the Yanks.
Official statement from the americans on 22:18 - Jul 21 with 2472 viewsmax936

Official statement from the americans on 20:59 - Jul 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

well written.

lets hope its sincere

Yep saying all the right things, but there's some confusion for me as the statement says that they have liaised with the Trust, but the Trust say that there hasn't been much contact, www.confused.com

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official statement from the americans on 22:18 - Jul 21 with 2472 viewsIAN05

Official statement from the americans on 22:02 - Jul 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Katzen and crevoiserat have played up all through this process, so likely probably didn't just come up today.
Official statement from the americans on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 2410 viewsUxbridge

Official statement from the americans on 21:07 - Jul 21 by monmouth

Well it starts them off with a lie, sorry CaliPomPom, but it does.

"We have reached out to the Supporters’ Trust and met with them on many occasions"

Unless the Trust is lying of course.

As to the rest, words are cheap, heard it all before. Ticket prices the same for 'foreseeable future'...oh aye, what's that then? The end of this season? Next?

Anyway it's done now. Let's see and hope they are sincere.

Well .... both comments there are subjective. It's an interesting interpretation at least.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Official statement from the americans on 22:30 - Jul 21 with 2390 viewsCaliforniaJack

The section of the statement where the new shareholders mention meeting the trust is correct - the new shareholders have met with certain members of the trust.
Official statement from the americans on 22:35 - Jul 21 with 2353 viewsdougie

Official statement from the americans on 22:30 - Jul 21 by CaliforniaJack

The section of the statement where the new shareholders mention meeting the trust is correct - the new shareholders have met with certain members of the trust.

Surely the trust director met the new guys many a time in the usa last week ?
Official statement from the americans on 22:36 - Jul 21 with 2345 viewsmonmouth

Official statement from the americans on 22:29 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Well .... both comments there are subjective. It's an interesting interpretation at least.

Pah. It is clearly meant to indicate to joe public that the transfer has the broad blessing of the Trust. Anyway, as I say, done now and the previous Board structure was utterly unsustainable anyway so in truth there was never a realistic choice other than open arms, open mouth and hope that it's a spoon full of sugar and a cuddle that's on its way.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official statement from the americans on 22:39 - Jul 21 with 2309 viewsmonmouth

Official statement from the americans on 21:55 - Jul 21 by CaliforniaJack

Resorting to name calling now, how childish ...

Yes I apologise, though the cap does fit I'm afraid. Your unsubstantiated, frothy, sunny side up assertions and rhetoric cuts no ice. I'll repeat again, we've heard all this flannel before, this is our club, and we feel strongly about it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official statement from the americans on 22:40 - Jul 21 with 2309 viewsmax936

Official statement from the americans on 22:35 - Jul 21 by dougie

Surely the trust director met the new guys many a time in the usa last week ?

All the trust statements seem to say there as been little contact and they didn't know what the state of play was, I believe that to be the truth personally.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official statement from the americans on 22:45 - Jul 21 with 2272 viewsPozuelosSideys

This smells like a PL version of the Silver Shield "experience".

A few balloons and some pointy, giant foam hands at the first home game should do the trick.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official statement from the americans on 22:53 - Jul 21 with 2218 viewsdougie

Official statement from the americans on 22:40 - Jul 21 by max936

All the trust statements seem to say there as been little contact and they didn't know what the state of play was, I believe that to be the truth personally.

I merely said that the trust director was in washington with our new owners on behalf of the club. I would hope that he had some dialogue with them having travelled all that way to watch a few friendlies. If he didn't then an opportunity lost for us all.
Official statement from the americans on 23:01 - Jul 21 with 2052 viewsUxbridge

Official statement from the americans on 22:36 - Jul 21 by monmouth

Pah. It is clearly meant to indicate to joe public that the transfer has the broad blessing of the Trust. Anyway, as I say, done now and the previous Board structure was utterly unsustainable anyway so in truth there was never a realistic choice other than open arms, open mouth and hope that it's a spoon full of sugar and a cuddle that's on its way.

True enough regarding the previous shareholders.

As for the rest, we'll see soon enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Official statement from the americans on 23:05 - Jul 21 with 2029 viewsBarrySwan

So basically they are so diligent and researched so well that they haven't realised that the distinctive style of play that they mention was partially dismantled by Laudrup and completely chucked in the bin by Monk and no longer exists.
Official statement from the americans on 23:11 - Jul 21 with 1990 viewsKerouac

Well I for one am behind the new owners, they have my full support until they prove to me that they don't deserve it.
The statement from them comes from a good place and sets them up for Act 1. We shall begin to see over the next few weeks what they are about.

So far this summer has been like most summers (except for the Laudrup days, Erik Larsen was organized I reckon), slow.
By now Guidolin should have suggested a number of players for the positions he wants strengthening and Huw should have lined the deals up.
Now that the deal has gone through we should see some transfers. If this doesn't happen I'm looking at Huw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Official statement from the americans on 23:34 - Jul 21 with 1911 viewsCaliforniaJack

Official statement from the americans on 23:11 - Jul 21 by Kerouac

Well I for one am behind the new owners, they have my full support until they prove to me that they don't deserve it.
The statement from them comes from a good place and sets them up for Act 1. We shall begin to see over the next few weeks what they are about.

So far this summer has been like most summers (except for the Laudrup days, Erik Larsen was organized I reckon), slow.
By now Guidolin should have suggested a number of players for the positions he wants strengthening and Huw should have lined the deals up.
Now that the deal has gone through we should see some transfers. If this doesn't happen I'm looking at Huw.

Post of the day for me. Now we need to see positive action from all sides. It's been a slow summer so far - even Everton are on zero signings.
Official statement from the americans on 23:40 - Jul 21 with 1890 viewsUplandsJack

Official statement from the americans on 23:11 - Jul 21 by Kerouac

"Now that the deal has gone through we should see some transfers. If this doesn't happen I'm looking at Huw."

He's just the hired help now my friend... and his strings are pulled by Levien and Co...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 23:46]
Official statement from the americans on 23:44 - Jul 21 with 1879 viewsphact0rri

fielding a competitive team implies there will be transfers? This seems quite vague... uggh. Well guess we'll see how buisness happens in the next three weeks. Its easy to say things, but time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Official statement from the americans on 23:49 - Jul 21 with 1862 viewsKerouac

Official statement from the americans on 23:40 - Jul 21 by UplandsJack

"Now that the deal has gone through we should see some transfers. If this doesn't happen I'm looking at Huw."

He's just the hired help now my friend... and his strings are pulled by Levien and Co...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 23:46]

Forgive me but isn't he paid to do a job he has a lot of experience in?

We know Guidolin has a large pool of well scouted players to choose from.
We know the money is there and there are now no obstructions following the takeover.
It is up to Huw to do his job now, after all he's been concluding transfers for Swansea City for nearly 15 years.
I'm sure we'll see 2/3 come in at least before the end of the window.

Official statement from the americans on 23:51 - Jul 21 with 1842 viewsDarran

Official statement from the americans on 23:49 - Jul 21 by Kerouac

We know the money is there and there are now no obstructions following the takeover.
It is up to Huw to do his job now, after all he's been concluding transfers for Swansea City for nearly 15 years.

"We know Guidolin has a large pool of well scouted players to choose from"

Do we?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official statement from the americans on 23:51 - Jul 21 with 1837 viewsbathgatejack

Official statement from the americans on 23:49 - Jul 21 by Kerouac

Darren what do you think
Official statement from the americans on 23:54 - Jul 21 with 1825 viewsKerouac

Official statement from the americans on 23:51 - Jul 21 by Darran

"We know Guidolin has a large pool of well scouted players to choose from"

Do we?

His CV would seem to suggest so?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024