Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llanrhidian,Gower 20:29 - Aug 16 with 9538 viewstaffpunk

My Swansea supporting friends[enemies even!], I need some advice about this area. I'm staying in my son's caravan next week for a few days, any recommendations for decent Pubs and places to eat nearby? Best local beach? In fact any tips about the area would be appreciated, I'll do the same for you if you ever decide to sample the delights of the Rhondda Valleys!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2281 viewstaffpunk

Llanrhidian,Gower on 18:14 - Aug 17 by Loyal

Get a photo taken in your bondage trousers have a pint of best and post it on Anus's website, you can tell them you took the pub single handed, they will love you for that 👍😂

Have a great time, family time is the best.

The Pub on the site is called 'The Purple Badger', that's the one me and my other half are gonna take. I've already sussed the place out previously, wrote CCFC on the bog door last time, no one stopped me. I also didn't wash my hands after having a pwp in there, I'm out of control...

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:46 - Aug 25 with 2146 viewstaffpunk

Had a lovely 3 days in your neck of the woods, strangely it's an area that I've never really visited before. It's only an hour and a quarter from the Rhondda, but I can only vaguely remember going to Caswell Bay on a school trip in the early 70's! Always went to Porthcawl, Barry and Aberavon back then, and when our kids were younger me and Mrs TP took ours to the same seaside resorts.
Anyway, the weather was kind, so we spent 2 days on the beach, one at Port Eynon, and one at Rhosili, both fantastic in their unique ways. Food was sampled at The King Arthur in Reynolstown[?] and The Greyhound in Llanrhidian--the meals were spot-on, and we'd return to both again, as an 'afters' person the choice of 15 deserts at The Greyhound meant that just came out on top. Sampled a few lagers at The Dolphin which was the nearest Pub to the site we were staying on, again a top boozer with friendly locals.
The Purple Badger was the Pub on site, and was decent, but the Carling was a bit iffy/gassy, and the framed signed kit on the wall made me feel even queasier!
Anyway, had a great time, will visit again,
Wish You Were Here, Judith[Taff Punk] Chalmers.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 23:16 - Aug 25 with 2079 viewsTNT

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:46 - Aug 25 by taffpunk

Had a lovely 3 days in your neck of the woods, strangely it's an area that I've never really visited before. It's only an hour and a quarter from the Rhondda, but I can only vaguely remember going to Caswell Bay on a school trip in the early 70's! Always went to Porthcawl, Barry and Aberavon back then, and when our kids were younger me and Mrs TP took ours to the same seaside resorts.
Anyway, the weather was kind, so we spent 2 days on the beach, one at Port Eynon, and one at Rhosili, both fantastic in their unique ways. Food was sampled at The King Arthur in Reynolstown[?] and The Greyhound in Llanrhidian--the meals were spot-on, and we'd return to both again, as an 'afters' person the choice of 15 deserts at The Greyhound meant that just came out on top. Sampled a few lagers at The Dolphin which was the nearest Pub to the site we were staying on, again a top boozer with friendly locals.
The Purple Badger was the Pub on site, and was decent, but the Carling was a bit iffy/gassy, and the framed signed kit on the wall made me feel even queasier!

That wouldn't be Judith [Paul] Chalmers, now would it?

You'll need a Jack to explain!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 16:38 - May 31 with 1635 viewstaffpunk

Just had another great mini break in this neck of the woods, food this time was had in the clubhouse on the site-The Purple Badger, very nice nosh but the lager is still not the best. Also went to The Gower Inn, [near Three Cliffs I think?] for grub, which again was decent.
Had a shed full of ale in The Dolphin again, this would definitely be my local if I lived in the area. It's as close to a Rhondda Pub as you'll get, with genuine characters in there, Bob who grows rhubarb being most entertaining! Shame about their hours, but I guess if no-ones going there in the afternoon, there's no point in opening up. Went in the other Pub/Restaurant in Llanrhidian village as well, The Welcome? Nice enough sitting outside in the Beer Garden, but at 4 quid a jar, how I longed for the Mid Rhondda booze prices!

A lot of houses for sale in the area, which I didn't notice the twice we've been before. Anyway, lovely part of Wales, a real shame it's taken me until my mid 50's to realise how nice it is.
Back in August for some more...
[Post edited 31 May 2018 16:50]

Llanrhidian,Gower on 16:46 - May 31 with 1616 viewsDarran

Llanrhidian,Gower on 16:38 - May 31 by taffpunk

Just had another great mini break in this neck of the woods, food this time was had in the clubhouse on the site-The Purple Badger, very nice nosh but the lager is still not the best. Also went to The Gower Inn, [near Three Cliffs I think?] for grub, which again was decent.
Had a shed full of ale in The Dolphin again, this would definitely be my local if I lived in the area. It's as close to a Rhondda Pub as you'll get, with genuine characters in there, Bob who grows rhubarb being most entertaining! Shame about their hours, but I guess if no-ones going there in the afternoon, there's no point in opening up. Went in the other Pub/Restaurant in Llanrhidian village as well, The Welcome? Nice enough sitting outside in the Beer Garden, but at 4 quid a jar, how I longed for the Mid Rhondda booze prices!

A lot of houses for sale in the area, which I didn't notice the twice we've been before. Anyway, lovely part of Wales, a real shame it's taken me until my mid 50's to realise how nice it is.
Back in August for some more...
[Post edited 31 May 2018 16:50]

I’m glad you had a lovely time my Friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Llanrhidian,Gower on 18:17 - May 31 with 1545 viewsdickythorpe

Nice one taff. A lovely area to visit.
Llanrhidian,Gower on 18:38 - May 31 with 1533 viewsowainglyndwr

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:46 - Aug 25 by taffpunk

Glad you enjoyed
Llanrhidian,Gower on 18:42 - May 31 with 1531 viewsYossarian

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:33 - Aug 16 by Dan_Swan

The Dolphin is a tidy pub as is the Greyhound (both in Llanrhidian), the Greyhound does some tidy grub and also real ales.

Was there earlier and can recommend the Steak & Ale pie & home made chips!

The King Arthur a little drive, it's in Reynoldston, some nice food there & I'm also hearing good things about the Railway in Penclawdd, you'll pass it on the bends on your way to Llanrhidian.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 20:37]

The Railway closed down last year.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024