Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin and our two "dodgy centre backs" 09:54 - Feb 2 with 1666 viewsDeatho

I don't often post but last night Ali Faurlin was superb. I know some on here and Warnock himself have praised him already but I really believe he was the driving force behind our 2nd half performance. His abilty to win every header he goes for is one of the reasons we have conceded so few.
Pompey came to kick us and thankfully they have a manager who is right out of the Howard Wilkinson mould. Long balls, counter attacking sh!te.
I heard a Pompey fan on the tube afterwards complain that Nugent hasn't really scored many for them whereas at other clubs he does. Maybe if Cotterill didn't play him left midfield he may get a few goals. he was like a left wing back for much of the 2nd half once we started to pin them back.
With nancy boy Lawerence playing behind Kitson, this in turn pushed Nugent wide. Cotterill hasn't a clue and he needs to stop whinging and look at his own tactics.
Now on to Connolly and Gorkss. They are not going to win every header or every tackle and they will come up against players like Kitson who dominate. They don't deserve to be slagged off with our defensive record. with Shittu and Chimbonda on the bench we have got two clean sheets in a row which shows the new signings have made an impression already without getting on the pitch. Lets praise our defence, Connolly and Gorkss have created a good, solid partnership and until we start leaking goals all over the shop you cannot drop either. We wouldn't drop someone who kept scoring so why should a defender be dropped for helping gain a clean sheet? The back 5 have been tremendous and I for one am pleased we have them all after watching many a horror display not that long ago from some players who should never of been allowed to wear the hoops.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024