Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 09:23 - Aug 31 with 30813 viewsjasonbromham

Post all things here in relation to Swansea. New signings, ex players etc.

I'll start Bony is off to Stoke :(
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:29 - Aug 31 with 2757 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Irrespective of any "club's falling apart" hubbub, would anyone really be happy with us signing Enner f*cking Valencia with a commitment to pay £14.5 million in a years time?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:30 - Aug 31 with 2743 viewsmax936

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:24 - Aug 31 by monmouth

It feels to me, with no real knowledge, that we are generally in a bit of a state. If there is disillusionment in the dressing room and now that spreads even further into the stands that really is a destructive brew. There is not an iota of feel good around the club at the moment. If ever we needed a good run it's now....tough to see one coming though.

It'll be the same rhetoric from Jenkins as usual, we really tried to get a few deals over the line, but in the end we couldn't get them done, which is just bollocks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:30 - Aug 31 with 2739 views3swan

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:24 - Aug 31 by monmouth

It feels to me, with no real knowledge, that we are generally in a bit of a state. If there is disillusionment in the dressing room and now that spreads even further into the stands that really is a destructive brew. There is not an iota of feel good around the club at the moment. If ever we needed a good run it's now....tough to see one coming though.

Sums up my feelings.

Things could change but it looks a long season of struggle. Spoke to a Villa fan yesterday about how I see our club at the moment, and there were quite a few similarities with how he had felt over the last couple of seasons.

Once the spiral starts and all that
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 2723 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:29 - Aug 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Irrespective of any "club's falling apart" hubbub, would anyone really be happy with us signing Enner f*cking Valencia with a commitment to pay £14.5 million in a years time?

No but someone like Chadli at £13m would have been a great signing
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:32 - Aug 31 with 2714 views3swan

No I wouldn't, so begs the question, if that's what was on offer, why was the club still in negotiations
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:32 - Aug 31 with 2705 viewsLandore_Jack

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:24 - Aug 31 by DDCH

To be honest I thought we would have a few surprise additions today. Ones that would make us all breath easier and question how we could have all been so dull to think the squad would be left like this.....not looking good

Many of us have seen it all before. HJ has already wrote his excuse. He will probably say "we did try and bring one or two in but they were unavailable. We are very happy with the squad and it's good enough to compete in this division".

#backtojack

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 2646 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:32 - Aug 31 by 3swan

No I wouldn't, so begs the question, if that's what was on offer, why was the club still in negotiations

One guess is that it wasn't what was on offer until Everton decided to enter the fray. West Ham tested the water and found Everton's wealthy owner was prepared to drop his pants to please his manager - we weren't prepared to dance to that tune and here we are.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 2646 viewsAngelRangelQS

Emnes to Blackburn on loan apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 2636 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Aug 31 by blaine_scfc

Why is everyone so shocked we are signing no one? Curtis said Mawson would more than likely be the last.

To be honest, with the sh*t that has been bought since HJ has taken over full control of transfers after Laudrups exit, I'm actually glad we aren't chucking millions away willy nilly until he leaves.

If we get relegated, we get relegated. Last year was the big one with the new TV deal. The thought of people at the club losing their jobs is what upsets me, but you don't stay in this league without strenthening, our squads not much better than the team that got us here.

"Last year was the big one with the new TV deal"

Big one for who? The players and their agents certainly with new bumper contracts for players who don't deserve them and in our case for the new owners of the club. They are making a net gain in this transfer window, getting most of the high earners off the books and then adding the huge increase in TV money on top.

I used to think in terms of "our club" rightly or wrongly when thinking about staying in the Premier League and getting the Sky money. Now I just think our club has become a vehicle for some blokes from America to make as much money as they can out of running it. We all desperately hope that their gamble will pay off and there will be three teams worse than us over the next nine months so that the blokes from America can continue to make as much money as they can whilst serving up dull and uninspiring drivel.

I feel more and more disconnected from my football club every day.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:37 - Aug 31 with 2611 viewsmonmouth

No, he wouldn't make or break us. That's not the issue though. It's that we've got ourselves into the position of scrabbling to sign Enner f*cking Valencia a few hours before the window closes, and we have a shedload of 'unexpected' cash in the bin. Your very comment illustrates the shambles. I'd actually be happier now if the club had said after Mawson, we think we're ok, we have faith in our squad, we don't need anyone else. Instead we're trying to rush through this player in what looks, I have to say, a blind funk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:38 - Aug 31 with 2601 viewsmax936

He's not worth anything like that, but why leave things this late to get deals over the line, apparently there was rumblings that they needed to do somin after the Leicester game, so with all these players they've been watching for 2 yrs, why couldn't they make anything happen.

The Players here are under very little pressure to perform because there's nobody to come in instead of them, I think we've got enough in us to make it through, but its gonna be a tough one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 2556 views3swan

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:36 - Aug 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

One guess is that it wasn't what was on offer until Everton decided to enter the fray. West Ham tested the water and found Everton's wealthy owner was prepared to drop his pants to please his manager - we weren't prepared to dance to that tune and here we are.

If and it is if Everton only came in today, then you would have thought there were some signals out there to why he hadn't signed. Was there a fall back position or all our eggs in one basket
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 2527 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:38 - Aug 31 by max936

He's not worth anything like that, but why leave things this late to get deals over the line, apparently there was rumblings that they needed to do somin after the Leicester game, so with all these players they've been watching for 2 yrs, why couldn't they make anything happen.

The Players here are under very little pressure to perform because there's nobody to come in instead of them, I think we've got enough in us to make it through, but its gonna be a tough one.

And let's be fair, everyone on here has been saying for months that we needed a winger and another central midfielder. It's not as if anything has happened that anyone should be the remotest bit surprised at.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:47 - Aug 31 with 2484 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:38 - Aug 31 by max936

We maybe ok we may not but it's certainly looks like it just got a lot harder. You have to say this window has been a big cluster £uck.

I wish I could be as confident of some of the fellow posters on this board but ship the is about to set sail without a captain and and engine room.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:47 - Aug 31 with 2476 viewsmagicdaps10

Something that i am a little confused on, we were hoping to get a few signings in today.

Only one name has come through as a possibility today in Enner Valencia. A number of clubs seems to be working on 2/3 if not more in comings yet it seems that we are only able to work on one at a time. If they have gone into the last day knowing that they need one or two players with only one target in the positions required then it is a sorry state of affairs in the corridors down the liberty stadium.

There seems like a massive lack off acceptance, reality and urgency within our club at present.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:49 - Aug 31 with 2439 viewsunion_jack

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:30 - Aug 31 by 3swan

Sums up my feelings.

Things could change but it looks a long season of struggle. Spoke to a Villa fan yesterday about how I see our club at the moment, and there were quite a few similarities with how he had felt over the last couple of seasons.

Once the spiral starts and all that

And if I recall, they won their first game of last season, away to a newly promoted side.

The rest as they say..........

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 2419 views3swan

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:49 - Aug 31 by union_jack

And if I recall, they won their first game of last season, away to a newly promoted side.

Don't please don't
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:52 - Aug 31 with 2371 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Emnes will be going

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:55 - Aug 31 with 2312 viewsAlgorfajack

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:49 - Aug 31 by union_jack

Nail & Head come to mind.

Sums up my feelings completely at the moment.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Transfer Deadline Day on 20:00 - Aug 31 with 2233 viewsJango

Don't be surprised to see ulloa popping up now that Leicester have just signed that striker.
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:03 - Aug 31 with 2196 views3swan

Another missed out on

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/paul-anderson-northampton-town-328466
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 2140 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 20:00 - Aug 31 by Jango

Don't be surprised to see ulloa popping up now that Leicester have just signed that striker.

Yes of course. He the creativ player we need. But Huw will no doubt appease plenty with this, if it happens.
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 2106 viewsWarwickHunt

No, but why the f*ck are we looking at him in the first place?
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:11 - Aug 31 with 2087 viewsJango

Transfer Deadline Day on 20:07 - Aug 31 by costalotta

Yes of course. He the creativ player we need. But Huw will no doubt appease plenty with this, if it happens.

I don't think he's a bad player but would be a completely pointless transfer. Can just see it happening.
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:15 - Aug 31 with 2023 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Deadline Day on 20:00 - Aug 31 by Jango

It seems the club are after a striker capable of playing out wide.

I would say there is more chance of Junior Hoillet coming in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024