Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assistant Video referees 18:56 - Jan 24 with 1924 viewslonglostjack

To be used in Bundesliga next year. Thoughts?

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/story/3045209/video-assistant-referees-t

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Assistant Video referees on 18:58 - Jan 24 with 1915 viewsCooperman

The Bundesliga is cutting edge again.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Assistant Video referees on 19:00 - Jan 24 with 1907 viewstrampie

Potentially good news for the Swans [and Wales] down the line.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 19:08]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Assistant Video referees on 19:23 - Jan 24 with 1864 viewsBoot

Technology is widely used in sport these days and works well in my opinion. Considering the money involved in football and how much could be lost on a crucial bad decision I'm all for it. Also put an end to 'professional' cheating, diving etc. Not to be used for every incident just the potential game changers.
Assistant Video referees on 20:09 - Jan 24 with 1827 viewstrampie

Assistant Video referees on 19:23 - Jan 24 by Boot

Technology is widely used in sport these days and works well in my opinion. Considering the money involved in football and how much could be lost on a crucial bad decision I'm all for it. Also put an end to 'professional' cheating, diving etc. Not to be used for every incident just the potential game changers.

You say ''Considering the money involved in football and how much could be lost on a crucial bad decision'', therefore why would people who tend to gain by bad decisions be for it ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Assistant Video referees on 20:33 - Jan 24 with 1802 viewsJango

Assistant Video referees on 20:09 - Jan 24 by trampie

You say ''Considering the money involved in football and how much could be lost on a crucial bad decision'', therefore why would people who tend to gain by bad decisions be for it ?

Well I think considering how much is at stake then the fair outcome is the right outcome. Anyone who cheats doesn't deserve to come out on top
Assistant Video referees on 21:19 - Jan 24 with 1779 viewstrampie

Assistant Video referees on 20:33 - Jan 24 by Jango

Well I think considering how much is at stake then the fair outcome is the right outcome. Anyone who cheats doesn't deserve to come out on top

Yes indeed a fair outcome is the right outcome.

But as things stand the top teams tend to get the majority of wrong decisions go in their favour, they have not been very forthcoming in wanting a more even playing field up until now ?

Assistant Video referees on 22:21 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsBloodyhills

Seems like a good plan. If it can reduce the number of game changing glaring errors by officials then that's great.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Assistant Video referees on 22:44 - Jan 24 with 1707 viewstrampie

Assistant Video referees on 22:21 - Jan 24 by Bloodyhills

Seems like a good plan. If it can reduce the number of game changing glaring errors by officials then that's great.

But would the English go for it ?, English national team, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc

Surely it will have to come but when ?, Blighty is one of the few countries that plays Rugby Union, Rugby League and Cricket, Blighty even has a Grand Slam tennis tournie but still they wont have technology in football, the big boys will lose some of their current unfair advantage and some of them know it.

Login to get fewer ads

Assistant Video referees on 07:17 - Jan 25 with 1648 viewsBoot

Thought my statement was glaringly obvious Trampie, do you condone diving for a penalty decision? And please don't say it's just part of modern day football, it's cheating and the introduction of technology such as video refs would help clamp down on these players. How would you feel if a WBA player dived and was awarded a penalty which resulted in us being relegated by one point because of it? Football fan?
Assistant Video referees on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 1609 viewsE20Jack

Every smaller Prem team should be championing this. I used to think the referee and big club alliance was a myth. How wrong was I!

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Assistant Video referees on 09:59 - Jan 25 with 1589 viewsLeonWasGod

Great, and long overdue. Not sure about this bit though "the referee will have the final call and review the situation on a monitor at the sidelines to make his own judgement". Seems unnecessary and likely to lead to delays - they should just copy the rugby model.
Assistant Video referees on 15:25 - Jan 25 with 1546 viewsandypitt56

Assistant Video referees on 09:59 - Jan 25 by LeonWasGod

Great, and long overdue. Not sure about this bit though "the referee will have the final call and review the situation on a monitor at the sidelines to make his own judgement". Seems unnecessary and likely to lead to delays - they should just copy the rugby model.

I should imagine that its like when a linesman flags something, go over for a quick chat, decision made. Wont be much slower to have a quick view of a replay if necessary. I think its long overdue. Goal line technology has been an absolute goal send, how many goals have you seen that would have never been given without it, I've seen quite a few.
Assistant Video referees on 15:29 - Jan 25 with 1539 viewsJack_Kass

One step closer to a 'challenge' system in the game, hopefully.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024