Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle United fans attending today 07:10 - Jul 29 with 2380 viewsenfieldargh

Was trying to find articles on Stan from his pre-QPR days. I know in his autobiography Stan talks about City, Crewe, Bury & Carlisle and the odd newspaper reporting articles which I think were quite short, anyway I was reading about Stan's time at Carlisle and how he shone for them against in their 3-2 win over Roma.
I wanted to find out more if any Carlisle fans had memories of Stan as the guy's maverick life style must have left a few impressions with them so I sent an email to the London Branch of the Carlisle United fan club.

Here is the reply I got from them:-

Thanks for getting in touch. I was aware of the fundraiser and a number of our members are going to be there to support the day so do keep an eye out for our Branch flag in the ground!

I know some of our members have fond memories watching Stan play for Carlisle so I’ve forwarded this on to them in the hope they might be able to assist with the below.

Here’s hoping for success for both our sides this season!

Kind regards,
Jamie

Jamie Grubb
Information Officer
CUSC London Branch
information@carlislelondonbranch.org
www.carlislelondonbranch.org
07747 496501

The Carlisle United Supporters' Club London Branch - Providing news, support, fun and match day events for exiled Blues fans across the UK and the world, est. 1974.
Find out more at our Official Website or follow the London Branch on Twitter.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Carlisle United fans attending today on 11:06 - Jul 29 with 2177 viewsDejR_vu

Would be great if there are flags from a few clubs

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Carlisle United fans attending today on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 2126 viewsenfieldargh

Brentford if they are decent should.

Orient Stan wasnt over complimentary about.

Forest, in an interview with Michael Wale Stan said biggest mistake of his life leaving us for forest....but they were reigning European Champions at the time.

Man City, Crewe, Bury? Hopefully we'll see representation from at least City.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Carlisle United fans attending today on 18:51 - Jul 29 with 1801 viewshooper1957

2 Carlisle fans were in the upper loft and asked permission to hang a flag ,saw them later and they were told sorry but they couldn't display it in a home section.
Carlisle United fans attending today on 21:40 - Jul 29 with 1619 viewsW12SG2

Group of 8 Carlisle in the pub afterwards. Older fellow I was chatting to rated Stan above Pele (he'd seen both play)
Carlisle United fans attending today on 23:11 - Jul 29 with 1522 viewssmegma

There was a City fan in a wheelchair in the east paddock when I entered the ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024