Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Men's Sport V Women's Sport 09:41 - Aug 3 with 3044 viewsDarran

Lisa's going to go cwazy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4745054/amp/Stop-telling-women-s-sport

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 09:47 - Aug 3 with 2171 viewsMo_Wives

I believe the introduction of 'shirts vs skins' would make it better than men's sport.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 2151 viewsBrynCartwright

I am also left slightly bemused by the BBC Sport website sneakily omitting it is the women's version of a sport in their story headlines. Needless to say I cannot even be arsed to read the text after clicking on it.

C'mon guys we've all done it.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 13:50 - Aug 3 with 1990 viewsKilkennyjack

Posh English bloke thinks he's clever and feels the need to rubbish women's sports.

Don't forget the FA actually banned women's football from using Football League grounds, 1921 to 1971. Yes 1971.

Nobody benefits from rubbishing women's sports.
Everybody benefits from supporting women's sports.

I don't get it.

Beware of the Risen People

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 13:52 - Aug 3 with 1983 viewsE20Jack

I prefer womens tennis to mens for example, but I think that is the only case for me.

I fully object to them getting the same amount of money at grand slams as men though. In fact I think its a disgrace.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 15:34 - Aug 3 with 1904 viewsswanforthemoney

This bloke's premise is that he's been told that womens sport is as 'good' as mens sport, and he says it isnt.
well, surprise, surprise, who'd have thought it, isnt he contoversial ?
His argument is wrapped up in his example that Courtney Walsh bowls much quicker than Shrubsole an England womens cricketer (managing to slip in that he once got Walsh out in some village cricket match).

The article is a waste of space. We all know that mens sport is bigger, faster, stronger than the womens versions. Its not really at issue. My response to the bloke would be: if you think womens sport isnt worth watching, dont watch it.
For those of us who can appreciate the grace, subtle power and skill of the likes of Sharon Davies, Victoria Pendleton, Kelly Holmes, Serena Williams, Jess Ennis, Beth Tweddle, etc; we can enjoy womens and mens sports for what they are, and enjoy both versions.

I stand in the North Stand

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 16:22 - Aug 3 with 1869 viewsandip01

Women's sport should be banned. It's sexist.

It should surely either be all in or nothing,

Why not have mixed genders in every sport. It would be awesome to see a female tour de france winner or London Marathon winner. I admit that most sport would be dominated by men but I don't feel thats an excuse. We don't have a football league for men who cant run very fast or a basketball league for short fat guys.(I still wouldn't get a game).

Amelia Boone is beating most of the men in endurance races. It's only a matter of time before someone, if given the chance would break through totally.

I'd love to see a woman player in the premiere league. Because she would have got there on her own merits and skill.

How on earth are sportswomen supposed to improve if they are not given the chance to compete with whoever is at the top of that sport.

It would do wonders for women and girls who want to play sport and wouldproduce real role models for all people to look up to.

I dislike "no penis" sports brackets

Give them their own little competition to keep them happy. Disgusting!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 16:22]
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 16:33 - Aug 3 with 1856 viewsHighjack

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 13:52 - Aug 3 by E20Jack

I prefer womens tennis to mens for example, but I think that is the only case for me.

I fully object to them getting the same amount of money at grand slams as men though. In fact I think its a disgrace.

Pervert

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 16:43 - Aug 3 with 1853 viewsDarran

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 15:34 - Aug 3 by swanforthemoney

This bloke's premise is that he's been told that womens sport is as 'good' as mens sport, and he says it isnt.
well, surprise, surprise, who'd have thought it, isnt he contoversial ?
His argument is wrapped up in his example that Courtney Walsh bowls much quicker than Shrubsole an England womens cricketer (managing to slip in that he once got Walsh out in some village cricket match).

The article is a waste of space. We all know that mens sport is bigger, faster, stronger than the womens versions. Its not really at issue. My response to the bloke would be: if you think womens sport isnt worth watching, dont watch it.
For those of us who can appreciate the grace, subtle power and skill of the likes of Sharon Davies, Victoria Pendleton, Kelly Holmes, Serena Williams, Jess Ennis, Beth Tweddle, etc; we can enjoy womens and mens sports for what they are, and enjoy both versions.

Exactly I completely agree with you that it's shit.

Login to get fewer ads

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:21 - Aug 3 with 1723 viewsexiledclaseboy

I do wonder why some men object to the rise in the profile of women's sport.

Poll: Tory leader

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:26 - Aug 3 with 1706 viewslondonlisa2001

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:21 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

Apparently the term is 'broflake'.

Someone who is overly sensitive to women achieving anything, and has to caveat any achievement by comparing it to a man.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed watching the England women's cricket team final. It was as exciting as any cricket match I've seen recently.
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:27 - Aug 3 with 1705 viewsNeath_Jack

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:21 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

Then you read this board (not this thread in particular) and remember that misogyny is alive and kicking.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:29 - Aug 3 with 1699 viewsexiledclaseboy

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:27 - Aug 3 by Neath_Jack

Then you read this board (not this thread in particular) and remember that misogyny is alive and kicking.

Indeed. I think you're being generous in exempting this thread to be honest.

Poll: Tory leader

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 1683 viewsmonmouth

Well the goal that the Dutch girls just scored was just likeLlorente against Liverpool. Plus the England girls team are exactly like the England men's team, Crap and cheating divers.

And I agree with Lisa, the women's cricket was exceptionally good to watch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:44 - Aug 3 with 1653 viewsMo_Wives

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 20:27 - Aug 3 by Neath_Jack

Well said. Just have a listen to these disgraceful c*nts

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 21:33 - Aug 3 with 1603 viewsBrynCartwright

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 16:22 - Aug 3 by andip01

Why not have mixed genders in every sport. It would be awesome to see a female tour de france winner or London Marathon winner. I admit that most sport would be dominated by men but I don't feel thats an excuse. We don't have a football league for men who cant run very fast or a basketball league for short fat guys.(I still wouldn't get a game).

Amelia Boone is beating most of the men in endurance races. It's only a matter of time before someone, if given the chance would break through totally.

I'd love to see a woman player in the premiere league. Because she would have got there on her own merits and skill.

How on earth are sportswomen supposed to improve if they are not given the chance to compete with whoever is at the top of that sport.

It would do wonders for women and girls who want to play sport and wouldproduce real role models for all people to look up to.

Mate are you serious?

Do you really think a woman would keep up with the guys in the Tour de France or a woman would win the London Marathon?

You are seriously deluded if you think that will ever, ever happen. Women and men are just built differently, and not even Brienne of Tarth would win Shot Put or Discus at the Olympics against professional athletes.

A woman in the male Premier League? I would love to see it, I really would. If the woman is good enough then let it happen.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:09 - Aug 4 with 1489 viewsKilkennyjack

This is big sweaty bollox, i am afraid.

Was a girl nasty to you when you were 14 ?

You can have both men sports and women sports.

Its quite normal to enjoy both, and relax....

Beware of the Risen People

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:18 - Aug 4 with 1478 viewslonglostjack

Strange that all Formula 1 drivers are men.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:26 - Aug 4 with 1465 viewskarnataka

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:18 - Aug 4 by longlostjack

Not really, they're not allowed mobile phones in the cars.
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 15:06 - Aug 4 with 1436 viewsDarran

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:18 - Aug 4 by longlostjack

Especially when there's no reversing involved.

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 1390 viewsDarran

lol

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 17:51 - Aug 4 with 1369 viewsWarwickHunt

"I dislike "no penis" sports brackets "

Do Sports Direct sell them?
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 13:44 - Aug 5 with 1271 viewsDarran

On a side note this made me laugh.

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:02 - Aug 5 with 1250 viewssomersetsimon

So, by that logic, we shouldn't have weight categories in boxing, weight lifting or martial arts? Would you say it's not worth watching Amir Khan boxing because he wouldn't be able to beat Anthony Joshua?

The beauty of sports is in the competition between the athletes.
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:04 - Aug 5 with 1248 viewssomersetsimon

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 13:52 - Aug 3 by E20Jack

I'd argue the other way around. In regular events, the prize money is put up by sponsors. If the men attract higher viewing figures and more sponsors, they deserve more. For the Grand Slams, the prize is awarded by the governing body of the sport, so there's more of a case to treat them equally.
Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 1243 viewsMo_Wives

Men's Sport V Women's Sport on 14:04 - Aug 5 by somersetsimon

I'd argue the other way around. In regular events, the prize money is put up by sponsors. If the men attract higher viewing figures and more sponsors, they deserve more. For the Grand Slams, the prize is awarded by the governing body of the sport, so there's more of a case to treat them equally.

Yes, but don't the men do more work?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024