Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get the owners out sooner than later.... 08:29 - Aug 11 with 4946 viewsyogibear_412

- no injection of funds
- worrying appointment of BB
- poor record with DC united (bottom of conf)
- no long term plans outlined

Why oh why did we sell to these guys.

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:22 - Aug 11 with 1264 viewsSwans777

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:15 - Aug 11 by waynekerr55

Next level, hey? Although we should just be grateful and count our lucky stars for what we have...

What is wrong with the term "next level" ?
Let's see where we are in a few seasons time.
Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:24 - Aug 11 with 1255 viewsEasternJack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:06 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

It's the net spend that's crucial.

I believe we have a positive net spend (in other words we've taken in more than we've spent). In a period where the TV money has grown hugely.

In a few days, that net spend surplus will be plus £50m or so.

Have a look at the bench we put out tomorrow and then tell us all how they're doing such a great job. They are nowhere near fixing the mess at the moment.

As an aside, £15m of that spend by the way is currently in Spain, on loan.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 13:09]

£5m net in the same period - which seems prudent to me based on my understanding of our books.

How much more do you think they should have spent Lisa? - considering £50-60m spent well should have set us up.

Also - as per PCs comments today, if we sell Siggy then the majority of that money will go straight back into player investments.

So - to the original question. The new owners don't seem very good if their intention is to bleed the club dry.

Your Borja comment, that helps to underline how fraught with risk replacing Siggy is going to be.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 13:27]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:29 - Aug 11 with 1238 viewswaynekerr55

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:22 - Aug 11 by Swans777

Because (a) without significant investment we won't go to the next level and (b) what the term really meant was "we want to cash out", which, whatever anyone says was and still is reasonable.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:55 - Aug 11 with 1219 viewsEasternJack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:29 - Aug 11 by waynekerr55

Because (a) without significant investment we won't go to the next level and (b) what the term really meant was "we want to cash out", which, whatever anyone says was and still is reasonable.

Interesting. So when I heard "next level", I didn't make any assumptions. What indid was listen to what he new owners said about driving value by: retaining PL status, remaining financially prudent; and maximising commercial opportunities.

I never heard them mention that they were going to inject capital into the club. I asked a few months ago for someone to provide a link to a direct quote stating otherwise. Still waiting.

Fair enough - beat them up on the Bobley episode. But beyond that, it's unfair to judge them negatively for not delivering on something they never promised. Add to that, (and I bet this is going to piss a few off) - so far they seem a lot more ethical and professional than the previous board.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 14:00]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:10 - Aug 11 with 1195 viewsairedale

I assume that these American directors are employees of SCFC. If your company needs a new photocopier you don't ask the staff to pay for it.
Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:11 - Aug 11 with 1196 viewsSwans777

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:55 - Aug 11 by EasternJack

Interesting. So when I heard "next level", I didn't make any assumptions. What indid was listen to what he new owners said about driving value by: retaining PL status, remaining financially prudent; and maximising commercial opportunities.

I never heard them mention that they were going to inject capital into the club. I asked a few months ago for someone to provide a link to a direct quote stating otherwise. Still waiting.

Fair enough - beat them up on the Bobley episode. But beyond that, it's unfair to judge them negatively for not delivering on something they never promised. Add to that, (and I bet this is going to piss a few off) - so far they seem a lot more ethical and professional than the previous board.

i was at a fans forum in September 2015 , when Huw basically said the club needed £40 million extra just to stand still.

So this talk of going to the "next level", is one that I believe is misinterpreted by many fans, when the real meaning is being able to compete at PL level into the future.

I maybe wrong, but felt that Huw and the others thought that without new blood, sooner or later the club wouldn't be able to keep moving forward.
Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:12 - Aug 11 with 1189 viewswaynekerr55

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:55 - Aug 11 by EasternJack

It wasn't the Americans' that said it was the next level, it was Gonzo who said that they are going to the next level. Is free with most of what you've said

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 1158 viewsairedale

I think that we are on a different level now. In my opinion the old powers were out of their depth and comfort zone when we got to the Premier League, and new blood was needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:57 - Aug 11 with 1132 viewsFlashberryjack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:28 - Aug 11 by airedale

I think that we are on a different level now. In my opinion the old powers were out of their depth and comfort zone when we got to the Premier League, and new blood was needed.

Yes we did need new blood.......... but not blood suckers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 16:29 - Aug 11 with 1083 viewswaynekerr55

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:11 - Aug 11 by Swans777

i was at a fans forum in September 2015 , when Huw basically said the club needed £40 million extra just to stand still.

So this talk of going to the "next level", is one that I believe is misinterpreted by many fans, when the real meaning is being able to compete at PL level into the future.

I maybe wrong, but felt that Huw and the others thought that without new blood, sooner or later the club wouldn't be able to keep moving forward.

Given the known cashflow issues, why did the previous board award themselves inflation busting pay rises then?

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 16:33 - Aug 11 with 1080 viewsDarran

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 10:27 - Aug 11 by andypitt56

I dont it is a load of bollox, you look at all our transfers since we have been in the prem.

We have always sold one of our top players to fund moves for others. Face the facts our club has been poorly managed prior to the Americans. you only have to look at the commercial side of the club to see that they have already made improvements.

What improvements?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 1057 viewsbuilthjack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 16:33 - Aug 11 by Darran

What improvements?

They have now got the 3rd kit into Debenhams!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:10 - Aug 11 with 1057 viewsOldjack

Next level ,don't make me laugh Treacherous Huw is a liar and a greedy money grabbing bastard ,plus we're far to small of a club to reach the so-called next level .The Yanks are in it to make money not give it away ,everyone knows that by now surely

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:12 - Aug 11 with 1051 viewsSwans777

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:10 - Aug 11 by Oldjack

Next level ,don't make me laugh Treacherous Huw is a liar and a greedy money grabbing bastard ,plus we're far to small of a club to reach the so-called next level .The Yanks are in it to make money not give it away ,everyone knows that by now surely

What are you talking old chap.
Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:14 - Aug 11 with 1044 viewsOldjack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:12 - Aug 11 by Swans777

What are you talking old chap.

in a nutshell ,it's never gonna happen unless we get someone in who actually likes giving loads of money away

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:20 - Aug 11 with 1036 viewsLoyal

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 10:24 - Aug 11 by Darran

What a fuçking load of bollox.

We had to sell so we could go to the next level. They were Huw Jenkins words. He then sold to people with no money.

Quite right, no better than those fcking mugs silver shield.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 17:25 - Aug 11 with 1031 viewsLoyal

Yeah let's just sit around and hope the people who lied to us will be nice to us because really deep down they didn't mean it.
Fck me, are you a Cardiff fan, that's what they did and they got shit on.
Honestly you must be living too close to Coleford my six finger friend.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 18:53 - Aug 11 with 997 viewswaynekerr55

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 16:29 - Aug 11 by waynekerr55

Given the known cashflow issues, why did the previous board award themselves inflation busting pay rises then?

?????

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 19:04 - Aug 11 with 980 viewsFlashberryjack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 16:29 - Aug 11 by waynekerr55

Greed

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 20:02 - Aug 11 with 942 viewswaynekerr55

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 19:04 - Aug 11 by Flashberryjack

Greed

It is a tad ironic that apologists for the sellers conduct seem quick to point out all of the good but seem to avoid questions such as these. It's also a joke that the likes of Wathan won't ask questions.

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 20:09 - Aug 11 with 937 viewsGaryjack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 12:50 - Aug 11 by Swanjaxs

Where's Murph57 when you need him ffs 😠

It's Murph75 mun. 57 is Heinz!
Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:13 - Aug 12 with 856 viewsDewi1jack

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 13:24 - Aug 11 by EasternJack

£5m net in the same period - which seems prudent to me based on my understanding of our books.

How much more do you think they should have spent Lisa? - considering £50-60m spent well should have set us up.

Also - as per PCs comments today, if we sell Siggy then the majority of that money will go straight back into player investments.

So - to the original question. The new owners don't seem very good if their intention is to bleed the club dry.

Your Borja comment, that helps to underline how fraught with risk replacing Siggy is going to be.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 13:27]

I have the feeling that Borja was bought as a panic buy and because he looked good on "football manager" or whatever the f**k Capt Beaky plays.

We have a DoF who between him and the other sellout vermin have stripped the "Swansea way" completely.
Either our scouting network is complete sh1te (give us the black book back Tapas waiter!!) or they're being ignored by Capt Beaky.
Surprised we're no longer being linked with the likes of Adomah to be honest

FFS Fernandez worth £6 million more than a Chico? IMHO, no
N'gog, Vasquez, Tabafatty, Gomisscoresandisoffsideagain, (this could end up a very long list)- F**k we've had some sh1te rock up recently

We're not getting the owners out until they decide to sell.
And I remember reading that the new owners can't afford to buy the Trust's shares (if true) should legal action be the way forward and we win, so a cash injection isn't going to happen.
They can't use cash from the business to buy shares as far as I know, so a winning legal action could see us with new owners anyway.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:52 - Aug 12 with 831 viewsLoyal

Get the owners out sooner than later.... on 14:13 - Aug 12 by Dewi1jack

I have the feeling that Borja was bought as a panic buy and because he looked good on "football manager" or whatever the f**k Capt Beaky plays.

We have a DoF who between him and the other sellout vermin have stripped the "Swansea way" completely.
Either our scouting network is complete sh1te (give us the black book back Tapas waiter!!) or they're being ignored by Capt Beaky.
Surprised we're no longer being linked with the likes of Adomah to be honest

FFS Fernandez worth £6 million more than a Chico? IMHO, no
N'gog, Vasquez, Tabafatty, Gomisscoresandisoffsideagain, (this could end up a very long list)- F**k we've had some sh1te rock up recently

We're not getting the owners out until they decide to sell.
And I remember reading that the new owners can't afford to buy the Trust's shares (if true) should legal action be the way forward and we win, so a cash injection isn't going to happen.
They can't use cash from the business to buy shares as far as I know, so a winning legal action could see us with new owners anyway.

If the new owners can't buy the trust out because they haven't got the money Viera seems a long shot 😂
As I said, modern day silver shield. In other words - cnts, total cnts each and every one of them.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024