Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 43346 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:09 - Sep 2 with 2469 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Agree with most of that.
A couple of concerns for me, are Bony and Sanches.
First time around, Bony wasn't fit enough, and took ages to play to Premier league standards.
He's now 2 yrs older, at a guestamate of 28, and hasn't really played to these standards for 2 years.
Hopefully TA stays fit, while we are waiting for him to return, to the Bony we knew,and loved.
Sanches looks like a gift, you always wanted for Christmas as a kid, but never had, because your parents couldn't afford it.
Will he settle in little 'ol Swansea, while "always " training in the rain?
Will he have the Billy bollocks attitude, which could ruin the harmony in the dressing room, and on the pitch?
Otherwise, what a player!
And what a coup by Paul Clement!
Another concern is, how long can we hold on to PC ?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:20 - Sep 2 with 2448 viewsmonmouth

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:09 - Sep 2 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Agree with most of that.
First time around, Bony wasn't fit enough, and took ages to play to Premier league standards.
He's now 2 yrs older, at a guestamate of 28, and hasn't really played to these standards for 2 years.
Hopefully TA stays fit, while we are waiting for him to return, to the Bony we knew,and loved.
Sanches looks like a gift, you always wanted for Christmas as a kid, but never had, because your parents couldn't afford it.
Will he have the Billy bollocks attitude, which could ruin the harmony in the dressing room, and on the pitch?

Yeah, I remember people asking the same about Monk. Lose three games and it'll be Clement Clement Sort it Out.

I'm in the humpty camp. Pleased with the progress; optimistic, and wanting to see it play out on the pitch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 2420 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:59 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Is the correct response let's see how the replacements for our best 2 players settle in before making rash statements.

As for fast flowing football a discussion with a Derby supporter may give a different perspective than the OP.

But he's a good solid gaffer who I'm sure will keep us up

At least we know that the Res's new controversial subject is being pro sell outs. I look forward to page upon page on the subject.

I don't know fast flowing football but I think with Sanches we're going to be a really threatening team on the counter attack. Either way, if he , Mesa, Abraham and Bony play well we're going to be on for a very exciting season , fast flowing football or not.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 9:49]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:56 - Sep 2 with 2410 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:28 - Sep 2 by harryhpalmer

"Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in..."

what a load of crap!

He has made loads of mistakes, and not just in the first two games against Southampton and United.

Bournemouth away! Shocking. Just of one of the 6 games starting at Hull and ending away at Watford he came close to blowing it by poor team selections and tactics.

I am happy he's here, but he's a way to go to being inch perfect.

Let's see how Bony shapes up as Llorente's replacement. The man has been abject for 3 seasons, and scored just 8 goals. It's a big risk, but let's hope he's as hungry for goals as he looks fit.

And let's see the explanation on the farce of a transfer for Yiadom.

As for everything being rosey off the pitch? well let's see how the negotiations go with the Trust, and the Council too.

The signs have been good, but there's a long way to go to see that the Americans are as honourable and as commercially aware in football circles as you seem to think they are.

Hiring Brad Bobbly and the protracted negotiations over Siggy's sale and the replacements arriving - you know, the ones that had been identified and lined up to come in quickly...15 days after Gylfi signed for Everton.

So let's not kid ourselves.

While we are in a better position than when the turncoats started to try and cash in with John Jay Moores. We are a long way to being the stable club that everyone admired, and saw us win our first major trophy.

How pathetic to dissect every individual game since Clement came in, bought the players we needed to stay up and gained 29 points from this period.

Yeah he might have done some things differently although you don't know for sure that anything you may have thought best, from the comfort of hindsight would've worked out differently. What we do know is the above. I've long since thought we could have shipped out Siggy and Llorente in January and stayed up, but I will never know for sure.

What we do know is he did the almost impossible. And with a team bereft of flair, pace or fluidity. We've also got 4 points on the board from 3 tricky games this season before the window ended and with all the uncertainty. That's bloody impressive.

Lastly, do me a favour. Please don't ever question team selection and tactics. Who exactly are you to do that? Are you Ancelloti, Mourinho, Ferguson, Shankley? Or are you some retired blue collar worker from up the Hill?

Think about it Inch High Private Eye, there's a good chap.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:04 - Sep 2 with 2394 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:56 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

How pathetic to dissect every individual game since Clement came in, bought the players we needed to stay up and gained 29 points from this period.

Yeah he might have done some things differently although you don't know for sure that anything you may have thought best, from the comfort of hindsight would've worked out differently. What we do know is the above. I've long since thought we could have shipped out Siggy and Llorente in January and stayed up, but I will never know for sure.

What we do know is he did the almost impossible. And with a team bereft of flair, pace or fluidity. We've also got 4 points on the board from 3 tricky games this season before the window ended and with all the uncertainty. That's bloody impressive.

Lastly, do me a favour. Please don't ever question team selection and tactics. Who exactly are you to do that? Are you Ancelloti, Mourinho, Ferguson, Shankley? Or are you some retired blue collar worker from up the Hill?

Think about it Inch High Private Eye, there's a good chap.

'Pathetic to dissect every game'

To be honest Chris I think you are the last poster on PS who should start a post with that sentence
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:07 - Sep 2 with 2390 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:59 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Is the correct response let's see how the replacements for our best 2 players settle in before making rash statements.

As for fast flowing football a discussion with a Derby supporter may give a different perspective than the OP.

But he's a good solid gaffer who I'm sure will keep us up

At least we know that the Res's new controversial subject is being pro sell outs. I look forward to page upon page on the subject.

Oh Marko, I'm not interested in being controversial, just in seeing things for what they are.

It's time for some reflection and perspective.

I would be on the cases of Jenkins and Co like a shot once more if I felt it was needed.

But all the bitterness and anger is getting us nowhere.

Ask yourself this, in 2010 or before would you have taken being an established Premier League club if it meant the owners would sell their shares to foreign owners?

Yeah I know the way they did it was bad and no doubt impacted by the desire to make millions. But that's done now, should we really forget the last 15 years because of this big mistake?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:10 - Sep 2 with 2380 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:04 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

'Pathetic to dissect every game'

To be honest Chris I think you are the last poster on PS who should start a post with that sentence

Is Happy Harry your grandad or something?

We can dissect games when they happen, that's what we do we're fans. You may remember my reaction after that Hull away game,after I was furious, more with the players but there you go.

But you also have to look at the overall achievement. And that's bloody outstanding.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:12 - Sep 2 with 2371 viewsItchySphincter

WTF?!

Anyway, I too am looking forward with tentative optimism.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 2359 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:07 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

Oh Marko, I'm not interested in being controversial, just in seeing things for what they are.

I would be on the cases of Jenkins and Co like a shot once more if I felt it was needed.

Ask yourself this, in 2010 or before would you have taken being an established Premier League club if it meant the owners would sell their shares to foreign owners?

Yeah I know the way they did it was bad and no doubt impacted by the desire to make millions. But that's done now, should we really forget the last 15 years because of this big mistake?

Your obviously a forgiving character Chriso.

If you are not being controversial I've obviously got your persona incorrect.

They are a bunch of c unts who sold us down the river to an American hedge fund for their own personal gain .

Bitter probably not angry 100%
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:24 - Sep 2 with 2346 viewsSTID2017

I have to say that I was shocked and amazed to read this post by you that for the most part I agree with.
I was very nervous about us selling our two best players, and I doubted very much we would replace them with quality players.
The transformation since PC has come in is nothing short of spectacular.
Him and his coaching staff have not only made some excellent signings, but have also managed to improve the form of the players that were here already.
I believe they'll turn Bony back into the player that was a goal machine for us first time round as well as getting the best out of "Rocky"
Overall the squad is by far the strongest since the the class of Michu & co in 2012.
Off the field, we are in a good financial position and if additions are needed in January then we can afford to buy.
Off the field there are of course major issues, but at least on the field we have reason for great optimism.
My prediction for this season - 8th and our second League Cup

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 2335 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:18 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Your obviously a forgiving character Chriso.

If you are not being controversial I've obviously got your persona incorrect.

They are a bunch of c unts who sold us down the river to an American hedge fund for their own personal gain .

Bitter probably not angry 100%

That's OK kid, we all make mistakes.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:58 - Sep 2 with 2305 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:07 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

I don't think it was a mistake to line your pockets at all costs. Including keeping shareholders out of any negoatiations as their motivation was the best for the club and not lining said pockets. I can think of many words to describe it but it certainly was not a mistaken action.
Just thought I would point that one out. I agree we now need to move on. I still have my concerns but PC and the team have my full support.
Nothing surprises me anymore. I had the same reservations about Gary Monk and that turned out swimmingly.....for 12 months.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 2300 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:58 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

I don't think it was a mistake to line your pockets at all costs. Including keeping shareholders out of any negoatiations as their motivation was the best for the club and not lining said pockets. I can think of many words to describe it but it certainly was not a mistaken action.
Just thought I would point that one out. I agree we now need to move on. I still have my concerns but PC and the team have my full support.
Nothing surprises me anymore. I had the same reservations about Gary Monk and that turned out swimmingly.....for 12 months.

You've just described a quintessential mistake there though.

They allowed their dreams and glory to rule their heads not their hearts and they made a big mistake in choosing to exclude the Trust from their plans.

Do they regret that, I don't know, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

They have no doubt sold the club short as with the TV deals knocking about now and transfer money as crazy as it is they could've got a whole lot more.

This is something the Trust should consider carefully right now. I don't think the offer on the table is enough and maybe we should keep a bigger stake in the club right now.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:17 - Sep 2 with 2272 viewsJack1

Excellent OP.

Only thing I would have added was how well the club have done in shipping out (whether on loan or permanently) the players who wouldn't be likely to feature this season.

The next step surely has to be moving forward with the stadium plans. If we get this done and strengthen further in January then it will have been a very good 12month period for the club.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 2251 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:04 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

You've just described a quintessential mistake there though.

They allowed their dreams and glory to rule their heads not their hearts and they made a big mistake in choosing to exclude the Trust from their plans.

Do they regret that, I don't know, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

They have no doubt sold the club short as with the TV deals knocking about now and transfer money as crazy as it is they could've got a whole lot more.

This is something the Trust should consider carefully right now. I don't think the offer on the table is enough and maybe we should keep a bigger stake in the club right now.

I think they allowed dollar signs to rule their heads.
I am liking the new polite Res btw ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 2239 viewswhoflungdung

I'm not that sanguine Chris mainly I believe Jenkins inept, latest facade in signing Yiadom shows that but your assessment could well be correct

Frankly, moaning is fine

The players and manager prove us wrong

Which is fine

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 2231 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:36 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

I think they allowed dollar signs to rule their heads.
I am liking the new polite Res btw ;-)

Yeah, I agree.

This is the only me you mug ;-)

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:52 - Sep 2 with 2221 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:47 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

I'm not that sanguine Chris mainly I believe Jenkins inept, latest facade in signing Yiadom shows that but your assessment could well be correct

Frankly, moaning is fine

The players and manager prove us wrong

Which is fine

Yiadom was frustrating, however there must be a reason. He failed a medical at Huddersfield so there's something no quite right.

Whoflungdung? Where did you get that from??

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:58 - Sep 2 with 2213 viewswhoflungdung

Voices in my head

Had to kill off Perch

He s buried with scousejack, a true legend

Pair of Kunts though

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:20 - Sep 2 with 2192 viewsDarran

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:58 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

Voices in my head

Had to kill off Perch

Pair of Kunts though

It's a hat-trick then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:22 - Sep 2 with 2195 viewsItchySphincter

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:52 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

Yiadom was frustrating, however there must be a reason. He failed a medical at Huddersfield so there's something no quite right.

Whoflungdung? Where did you get that from??

Something tells me he didn't fail his medical for physical reasons. The comments from Huddersfield with regards to him speaking to his club drop a bit of a hint......... sniff, sniff....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:55 - Sep 2 with 2161 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:58 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

Voices in my head

Had to kill off Perch

Pair of Kunts though

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:02 - Sep 2 with 2150 viewswhoflungdung

I wish Perch was still around to expose again the piece of filth that is Prosser, a man who uses anything and anyone to justify his poison on here.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 2101 viewsKingBony

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:02 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

I wish Perch was still around to expose again the piece of filth that is Prosser, a man who uses anything and anyone to justify his poison on here.

But is he a liar?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:27 - Sep 2 with 2007 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:09 - Sep 2 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Agree with most of that.

Why on earth would Sanches have an attitude about himself ?
None of us know the first thing about him, he's coming here to play regular football at the highest level and earn the right to do the same for Bayern Munich.
If he fails to deliver he would fail here, which wouldn't help his career on going - so why would he purposely not apply himself ?
As the rain, I don't think Munich is one of the sunspots of Europe is it ?
When Bony first came to us he didn't know what was expected of him and took time to adjust.
This time round he looks fit and lean and knows exactly what to expect and what is expected of him
Every signing has an element of doubt, but there is no more reason these two won't succeed than any other signing we have ever made as a club

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024