Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of academy players going out on loan 11:17 - Jan 30 with 3888 viewsqprd

A lot has been made recently of developing our academy players- Smyth, Oteh, Chair, Osayi Samuel, Eze have all gotten increased opportunities with the first team in the last 2 months.

This is progress, but there is still a collection of youth team players with first team appearances for us who are languishing in the U-23s and no where near the first team.

Why are none of these going out on loan to get first team football at a lower division?

Shodipo- has about 20 appearances between the Championship and League 1
Kakay- 20 appearances between the Championship, L1 and Scottish Championship
Hamalaien- 4 QPR appearances and a brief spell in L2
Chair- who hasn't featured recently but has a handful of appearances to his name

Ideally, all of the guys i listed above would go out on loan for the rest of the season, but with 36 hours left in the window, it may be too late

I'm curious what the explanation is on this one. Surely these guys are good enough to get a look at other football league clubs. Do we just lack the connections with managers/football directors across L1 and L2 (other than Ainsworth and Derry)?
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 11:25 - Jan 30 with 3864 viewsdaveB

When they went out on loan people moaned that we shouldn't loan out players and they should get a chance.

I do think a few of those mentioned could do with a loan spell but with injuries i can see why Holloway wants to keep them at the club in case they are needed.
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 13:11 - Jan 30 with 3757 viewsMedwayR

I think there are 2 issues:

1) Would they get more game time elsewhere than with us? Some would, others maybe not.
2) I think Holloway is having a look at a few of them with next season in mind, hence playing Chair ahead of Manning recently, and he may not be able to get to know the player properly if they're on loan or test if they're capable at Championship level.

I think Kakay will be released in the summer but I'd hoped we'd have seen more of Hamalainen this season, even just in the squad but I don't know if he's been injured perhaps. Same for Phillips & Paul too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 15:24 - Jan 30 with 3616 viewssmegma

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 13:11 - Jan 30 by MedwayR

I think there are 2 issues:

1) Would they get more game time elsewhere than with us? Some would, others maybe not.
2) I think Holloway is having a look at a few of them with next season in mind, hence playing Chair ahead of Manning recently, and he may not be able to get to know the player properly if they're on loan or test if they're capable at Championship level.

I think Kakay will be released in the summer but I'd hoped we'd have seen more of Hamalainen this season, even just in the squad but I don't know if he's been injured perhaps. Same for Phillips & Paul too.

Good point. Jack Williams went to Wycombe for about 4 months and played 3 games
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 11:38 - Jan 31 with 3376 viewsderbyhoop

Personally I'd like to see Shodipo, Kakay, Hammelainen and one of the CBs going out on lian.

I also think Eze would get more game time at Wycombe than back with us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 11:42 - Jan 31 with 3365 viewssmegma

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 11:38 - Jan 31 by derbyhoop

Personally I'd like to see Shodipo, Kakay, Hammelainen and one of the CBs going out on lian.

I also think Eze would get more game time at Wycombe than back with us.

Apparently the club have offered Shodipo out on loan this morning.
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 3281 viewsDaiHo0p

I'd rather loan out Sylla, Samuel and Cousins.
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 13:35 - Jan 31 with 3218 viewsHooped_Pullie

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 11:42 - Jan 31 by smegma

Apparently the club have offered Shodipo out on loan this morning.

Just gone on loan to Colchester. Good luck to the lad.
Lack of academy players going out on loan on 13:39 - Jan 31 with 3207 viewsqprd

Lack of academy players going out on loan on 13:35 - Jan 31 by Hooped_Pullie

Just gone on loan to Colchester. Good luck to the lad.

kind of pissed abt this one- he's done well in Championship and L1, so he should be loaned to a higher level... this is still better than no playing time though

on the plus side, part of being able to loan players out is having institutional relationships with clubs (i.e., like Ferdinand had with Sherwood when he was at Swindon, Ainsworth, Derry)

Its good that we seem to be developing this relationship with Colchester, as they've taken Comley and Shodipo on loan already
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024