Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. 21:06 - Mar 31 with 6799 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen some moaning about the first half but that was our game plan, to contain, but not just that, that WAS our best chance to get anything from the game.

Unfortunately for us we caught Man U on a going day and they were clinical early doors. Their first goal was just a good goal, no nit picking needed for that one although they did get a bit of luck with the finish. The second goal was a bit sloppy but it came after we'd opted to try and get in the game a bit more.

I said to the Mrs after that it was always unlikely we were going to get anything from this game anyway, and the best we could hope for was to try and get on the ball more and see if we could play our way into the game to take into next week.

And that's just what we did, albeit I didn't expect Tammy and Carroll to have such impressive halves, and that's another positive to take out of today. Carroll was excellent when he came on at Newcastle and I thought he was again today. I wouldn't start him next week, although I don't know how Clucas and Ki will be, but he's a decent option to come on a bit more fired up.

I know United were pretty comfortable all game, I'm not making our performance to be anything different than it was, but it will have done the players good to have come off the pitch with a decent second half showing, and let's face it, we probably deserved a goal.

The other thing I have noted is Carlos has taken our foot off the gas in the last 2 games, I feel. That's Spurs in the Cup and today. I feel he's used them to just get by knowing there's truer battles ahead.

This starts all this week in training in readiness for Saturday. You will see us all guns blazing next week i'm guessing.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:23 - Apr 1 with 1712 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:14 - Apr 1 by Dippy

Football is a global game.. it's not 1800s England where pigs guts were being punted around.

We all know Huw is paying you off.. but I'm not surprised he's forking out for average talent like T2C.. it's the mark of the man.. he stinks of averageness, sloppiness and gutless characteristics.

So you've got nothing? No intelligent debate, no insightful, cutting opinion, just spunking any old shit out there against the wall hoping some of your muck will cling on.

Man up or toodle hoo Dipshit

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:27 - Apr 1 with 1704 viewsDippy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:23 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

So you've got nothing? No intelligent debate, no insightful, cutting opinion, just spunking any old shit out there against the wall hoping some of your muck will cling on.

Man up or toodle hoo Dipshit

An intelligent man always looks at the bigger picture first.

You should try it some day.. but you haven't got much ability in you.. slow, ponderous.. like a giant dopey troll. In both senses.

Poll: Cooper Out

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:36 - Apr 1 with 1693 viewsDippy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:09 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Are you that thick to start comparing team for team in different countries?

The Spanish like to stay in Spain, the South Americans like to move to Spain, technically gifted players like to move to Spain.

This is the English league, son. You may as well compare your facking arse and your elbow.

You talk about being "thick" and "intelligence"..

Yet you discriminate on ethnical, and have a narrow view on skill set.

Narrow, Dopey and Ponderous.. you wouldn't see this sort of bigotry in my dictionary.

Poll: Cooper Out

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 08:12 - Apr 1 with 1621 viewsSTID2017

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:36 - Apr 1 by Dippy

You talk about being "thick" and "intelligence"..

Yet you discriminate on ethnical, and have a narrow view on skill set.

Narrow, Dopey and Ponderous.. you wouldn't see this sort of bigotry in my dictionary.

Don't get drawn in by all the negativity - it's what he enjoys mun

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:18 - Apr 1 with 1575 viewsmagicdaps10

Yet another!!!

A poster gives they're own view and opinion.......yet again, that person gets attacked for it with insults.

Chris, not getting in to a slanging match but you have serious acceptance issues.

If you have any hope of getting on the trust then you need too sort it out.....you would make a perfect MP mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:22 - Apr 1 with 1565 viewsmagicdaps10

The OP as it goes wasnt too bad.

The only issue was that United had won the game before we started playing, they had eased off. There was hope that we can get something in games that are winnable.

As for a post further down, players will play where the financial package is the best.....not all the time but the vast majority of the time.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:45 - Apr 1 with 1536 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 08:12 - Apr 1 by STID2017

Don't get drawn in by all the negativity - it's what he enjoys mun

Except it was him being negative, you, the thickest of the thickest EVER poster.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 1531 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:18 - Apr 1 by magicdaps10

Yet another!!!

A poster gives they're own view and opinion.......yet again, that person gets attacked for it with insults.

Chris, not getting in to a slanging match but you have serious acceptance issues.

If you have any hope of getting on the trust then you need too sort it out.....you would make a perfect MP mind.

You would make a perfect plank of wood except that's got a bloody use in life.

Login to get fewer ads

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 1530 viewsSTID2017

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:45 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Except it was him being negative, you, the thickest of the thickest EVER poster.

Strange that I have answered you positively on several posts yesterday and today, yet the first time you respond is with negativity.
Sad

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:51 - Apr 1 with 1522 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:48 - Apr 1 by STID2017

Strange that I have answered you positively on several posts yesterday and today, yet the first time you respond is with negativity.
Sad

There's only one strange one around here you nutter.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:52 - Apr 1 with 1518 viewsSTID2017

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:51 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

There's only one strange one around here you nutter.

Try reading the words Chris I said your reaction was strange, not you.
However, as always , you take it negatively

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:59 - Apr 1 with 1510 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:52 - Apr 1 by STID2017

Try reading the words Chris I said your reaction was strange, not you.
However, as always , you take it negatively

Go out for a walk, see if the fresh air has a positive affect on your general confusion?

And give the poor posters on here a break 👍

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 10:03 - Apr 1 with 1498 viewsSTID2017

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:59 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Go out for a walk, see if the fresh air has a positive affect on your general confusion?

And give the poor posters on here a break 👍

Contrary to what you believe Chris you are not in charge of the forum.
If you don't like what I'm writing or replying, try ignoring it
Or take a deep breath and respond sensibly ?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 10:45 - Apr 1 with 1468 viewsBigPhilG

The first half was pathetic end of.

Carlos made changes and must have bollocked them at half time.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 10:48 - Apr 1 with 1466 viewsmagicdaps10

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 09:48 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

You would make a perfect plank of wood except that's got a bloody use in life.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 10:54 - Apr 1 with 1461 viewsnantywatcher

West Brom away is a massive banana skin waiting to trip us up if we are not careful - always beware of playing against a team with nothing to play for! They have some very good players in their squad who should still be playing in the Prem next season.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:27 - Apr 1 with 1434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:35 - Mar 31 by Medici

So good to see a deeply considered opinion about football related stuff.

The application. spirit, intent and desire esp 2nd half is to be applauded. Carroll's impact was telling; a Britton-esque contribution.

A welcome change from the usual inane lightweight chatter.

Can anybody recommend a truly football-related Swansea fc site ?

Suggest you look around and find a happy clapping site that agrees with you :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:30 - Apr 1 with 1426 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:27 - Apr 1 by Private_Partz

Suggest you look around and find a happy clapping site that agrees with you :-)

It doesn't need happy clapping, just some thoughtful chat about the Swans, of which and in the main, this place is starved of.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:34 - Apr 1 with 1421 viewsPrivate_Partz

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:48 - Mar 31 by TheResurrection

You can call it poor if you like but when your tactics are to just contain you're not going to see expansive waves of attacks or even getting on the front foot.

The gaffer had a decision to make before the game as to what his tactics were going to be and unfortunately for you, they weren't likely to be to get at them. That would have been our least likely option in getting anything from the game.

It's not poor, it is what it is...

I agree that was our plan but we did not execute it well in the first half. The midfield was particularly poor and movement around them was not good. Our back five were not at the races early on.
We lost far too many one on ones and gave the ball away cheaply when in possession.
The second half amazingly was a big improvement with Carlos removing the main culprits who were having a bad day at the office.
Many give Tammy grief here but the problem is he does not suit our style of play. Get the ball into his feet in the box and it is there for all to see.
Encouraging second half and sonething to build on.
Injuries could still be our undoing but hopefully Carlos can continue to work wonders with the lilmted tools at his disposal.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:36 - Apr 1 with 1417 viewsSTID2017

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:30 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

It doesn't need happy clapping, just some thoughtful chat about the Swans, of which and in the main, this place is starved of.

Many including me have joined in to this post and offered opinions on yesterday's performance and other matters Swans related.
Sadly you and Medici have managed to take your own thread off point.
Again, sad (the action, not you, just in case you mis-understand that, again)

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:39 - Apr 1 with 1413 viewsPrivate_Partz

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:30 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

I don't agree. The site is about the good and the bad in relation to the Swans and it is not restricted to on the pitch.
We all have to be big and ugly enough to accept people can disagree with us without resorting to belittling, name calling and insults.
Anyways. Onwards and upwards. Let's hope we can build on the second half performance at West Brom.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 11:41]

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:53 - Apr 1 with 1399 viewssainthelens

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:35 - Mar 31 by Medici

So good to see a deeply considered opinion about football related stuff.

The application. spirit, intent and desire esp 2nd half is to be applauded. Carroll's impact was telling; a Britton-esque contribution.

A welcome change from the usual inane lightweight chatter.

Can anybody recommend a truly football-related Swansea fc site ?

Don't encourage the prick.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 12:59 - Apr 1 with 1357 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 11:53 - Apr 1 by sainthelens

Don't encourage the prick.

Talking of pricks, nice to see you back here.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 13:56 - Apr 1 with 1323 viewsSPboy

Decent performance ... nearly choked on my corn flakes when I read that this morning. Then I had to check the time and date of the posting, too early to call April Fools.

So what exactly was decent about the performance ? The game plan was to contain - well that lasted about 3 minutes for 1-0 & with no change to the plan 2-0 after 20 mins & the contest was over. It could (should) have been a few more, we rode our luck. Decent performance ?nothing about the first half was decent except our supporter noise. No bottle, no bite, no football, no possession, no territory, pretty meek surrender in reality.

Take the second half in context - 2-0 down against a side in auto-pilot with a couple of gears available, we did ok. Even had 2 shots on target.

Now I have been to Old Trafford on a few occasions always with hope as underdogs that we could achieve something as we always had some quality that could get us a goal Bony, Michu, Sigurdsson etc. Yesterday (just like previous occasions with better players at our disposal) our main tactic was to contain. Once we fell behind in reality the whole day became about damage limitation. So if you call holding out for 2-0 damage limitation defeat a decent performance, good on you. Let’s hope we can take some confidence from surviving 70mins without conceding a goal.

I can’t take much confidence with me to WBA knowing that the likes of VdH, Clucas, Dyer & Naughton will be starting.

The most decent part of yesterday, the price of beer in Manchester
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 14:37 - Apr 1 with 1294 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 13:56 - Apr 1 by SPboy

Decent performance ... nearly choked on my corn flakes when I read that this morning. Then I had to check the time and date of the posting, too early to call April Fools.

So what exactly was decent about the performance ? The game plan was to contain - well that lasted about 3 minutes for 1-0 & with no change to the plan 2-0 after 20 mins & the contest was over. It could (should) have been a few more, we rode our luck. Decent performance ?nothing about the first half was decent except our supporter noise. No bottle, no bite, no football, no possession, no territory, pretty meek surrender in reality.

Take the second half in context - 2-0 down against a side in auto-pilot with a couple of gears available, we did ok. Even had 2 shots on target.

Now I have been to Old Trafford on a few occasions always with hope as underdogs that we could achieve something as we always had some quality that could get us a goal Bony, Michu, Sigurdsson etc. Yesterday (just like previous occasions with better players at our disposal) our main tactic was to contain. Once we fell behind in reality the whole day became about damage limitation. So if you call holding out for 2-0 damage limitation defeat a decent performance, good on you. Let’s hope we can take some confidence from surviving 70mins without conceding a goal.

I can’t take much confidence with me to WBA knowing that the likes of VdH, Clucas, Dyer & Naughton will be starting.

The most decent part of yesterday, the price of beer in Manchester

What an utter shit post, fair play.

So had De Gea not pulled off two top class saves we'd have been right back in it.

Listen to Mourinho complaining about their second half performance. That should say it all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024