Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local Elections results 08:56 - May 4 with 11965 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am surprise we haven't had some Tory Boys on here crowing this morning. ;-)
It's neck and neck isn't it?
The Torys have not had the kicking they were expecting.
I think this down to the collapse of the UKIP vote with their votes going to Conservative. After all you can't put a tissue between Rhys-Mogg and Farage.
In addition I think Labour has not done so well as a result of its stance on Brexit. As a current Leftie I have to say I am a tad disappointed.
I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess.
It is a wake up call for JC and it could be going the way I have said it might do in the past.
Labour could be forced to change its stance as a result of internal pressures and call for a Referenedum once the final Brexit deal isn't done. After all it really is looking like a dogs dinner. Defeat for the Cons would mean a General Election.
If that resulted in a Labour / Lib Dem / Green coalition with the end of Brexit then I for one would be very happy.
Views?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 8:58]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Local Elections results on 13:24 - May 4 with 1983 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 13:21 - May 4 by omarjack

I think the Centre needs to regroup(whether they're centrist remain Tories or non-Corbyn Labour.) Perhaps under the Lib-Dems banner. We would have a strong anti-populist font ala Macron in France that will get everybody's sh!t together and end this madness.
If Remainers and moderates in this country put their differences aside for the greater good, they'd probably win most elections.

You want Blair back. Is that the long and short of it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Local Elections results on 13:33 - May 4 with 1965 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 12:57 - May 4 by Lohengrin

”But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.”

That’s some stretch, love. Why would you think that with one toot of his Trotskyist flute millions would march in lock-step through the streets in behind him? I’m not buying that at all.

Living in London I think you have drastically underestimated just how ferocious the anti-EU sentiment became in many areas. Much of it may have been anti-immigrant, much more would have been a more generalised ‘my life is shit, there has to be something else.’

If you’re looking for a more sophisticated acuity I doubt you’ll find it.

Look Brexit is many people's fault. Not least the idiot Cameron who called the vote in a fit of egomania and Johnson who saw it as an opportunity for his giant ego,

But Corbyn's ambivalence was key. Certainly key enough to have made the difference in a close vote (as it was). And his continued ambivalence is criminal. They know that Brexit will hurt those most who can least afford it, and yet they are still pussy footing around. A 'jobs Brexit'. What the hell is that? Jobs will be adversely affected. The economy will be adversely affected. The Labour Party know that. If they screamed for a vote once we know the details, they'd be a lot more believable.

I don't disagree about the London bubble by the way. I've railed for years about the ridiculous policies of consolidating wealth and opportunity in one part of the country. It's not restricted to the Tories of course - exactly the same is happening in Wales under a Labour adminitsration. It's stupidity beyond imagination.

A pox on all of their houses to be frank. None of them are telling the truth. You have a few voices in both parties who are attempting to put the country before their own political ambition, but hardly any.

The people who think (and I agree, there are huge numbers), my life is shit, there must be better, will, unfortunately find out that there is also, very definitely, worse.

The anger was misplaced. And Labour were the very Party who should have made that crystal clear. And they didn't.
Local Elections results on 13:34 - May 4 with 1963 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 13:20 - May 4 by Ebo

If there was a GE tomorrow Maybot would shit her kecks

And she'd also increase her majority.
Local Elections results on 13:49 - May 4 with 1948 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Local Elections results on 13:20 - May 4 by Ebo

If there was a GE tomorrow Maybot would shit her kecks

I doubt it. At this point she could probably wave the Windrush generation off at Heathrow to wherever she was trying to deport them to and she'd still be more favourable and likely to win a General Election than Corbyn.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Local Elections results on 13:50 - May 4 with 1949 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 13:33 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

Look Brexit is many people's fault. Not least the idiot Cameron who called the vote in a fit of egomania and Johnson who saw it as an opportunity for his giant ego,

But Corbyn's ambivalence was key. Certainly key enough to have made the difference in a close vote (as it was). And his continued ambivalence is criminal. They know that Brexit will hurt those most who can least afford it, and yet they are still pussy footing around. A 'jobs Brexit'. What the hell is that? Jobs will be adversely affected. The economy will be adversely affected. The Labour Party know that. If they screamed for a vote once we know the details, they'd be a lot more believable.

I don't disagree about the London bubble by the way. I've railed for years about the ridiculous policies of consolidating wealth and opportunity in one part of the country. It's not restricted to the Tories of course - exactly the same is happening in Wales under a Labour adminitsration. It's stupidity beyond imagination.

A pox on all of their houses to be frank. None of them are telling the truth. You have a few voices in both parties who are attempting to put the country before their own political ambition, but hardly any.

The people who think (and I agree, there are huge numbers), my life is shit, there must be better, will, unfortunately find out that there is also, very definitely, worse.

The anger was misplaced. And Labour were the very Party who should have made that crystal clear. And they didn't.

You’re preaching to the long converted, love. I was a rather dashing platform speaker for the Young European Movement in my early teens, I’ll have you know.

Thinking back if I was to have cast about for allies Labour wouldn’t have suggested itself as a likely source back in 1981. At its core it was fundamentally anti-EU and the Blairite interregnum notwithstanding I still hold that to be the case despite the opportunistic lip service I often hear.

Local Elections results on 14:05 - May 4 with 1926 viewsEbo

Local Elections results on 13:34 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I doubt it very much.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Local Elections results on 14:09 - May 4 with 1912 viewsHighjack

Local Elections results on 13:34 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

What majority?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Local Elections results on 14:23 - May 4 with 1900 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 14:05 - May 4 by Ebo

I doubt it very much.

I honestly think she would.

And after the omnishambles of the last year, that is depressing beyond belief.
Login to get fewer ads

Local Elections results on 15:39 - May 4 with 1853 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 14:09 - May 4 by Highjack

What majority?

Maybe the DUP will pick up votes 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Local Elections results on 15:46 - May 4 with 1846 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 12:22 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

What possible evidence do you have for thinking the man on the street wants a hard Brexit.

Even assuming three quarters the leave voters wanted a hard brexit, there is a substantial majority who don't.

No one here was talking about Brexit on the doorstep (at least the ones who visited us). The only debate was Charing Cross Hospital.

But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.

I have voted Labour in locals many times. Not yesterday.

“Brexit is Corbyns fault “

Incredible stuff

Seriously Lisa it’s not , it’s Cameron fault .

If Corbyn stood up in parliament and said we should abolish Brexit

He’s be hung drawn and quartered by the Torys and their press .

Brexit is happening it’s the will of the people and the brexiteers want it as hard as possible

Sadly

Local Elections results on 15:51 - May 4 with 1840 viewsWarwickHunt

Local Elections results on 15:46 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Incredible stuff

Brexit is happening it’s the will of the people and the brexiteers want it as hard as possible

Sadly

Not his fault but his "campaigning" to remain was a fûcking embarrassment. Hardly surprising seeing as he's always been anti-EU.

Man of principle my arse.
Local Elections results on 16:03 - May 4 with 1823 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 15:46 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Incredible stuff

Sadly

I elaborated in a further post.

Obviously calling the vote was the biggest problem. But Corbyn was and is a disgrace on the issue.
Local Elections results on 16:10 - May 4 with 1808 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 16:03 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

Obviously calling the vote was the biggest problem. But Corbyn was and is a disgrace on the issue.

The country is on its knees

And it’s Corbyns fault

Facking hell

Local Elections results on 16:10 - May 4 with 1807 viewsbluey_the_blue

Corbyn was only a disgrace because he cynically half-heartedly campaigned to Remain.

He and unions have always been anti-EU; those Corbynistas claiming he should back Remain clearly know nothing about him other than he was at Glastonbury and promised free things so must be cool.
Local Elections results on 16:14 - May 4 with 1805 viewsHighjack

Corbyn’s dream of nationalising everything would be virtually impossible under the umbrella of the EU. Nearly all the old school labour politicians want out, Skinner, hoey etc. But corbyn and momentum are acutely aware they need to keep the progressives happy as they are the core target audience.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Local Elections results on 16:15 - May 4 with 1804 viewsLohengrin

Not so much a disgrace as an ostrich.

There’s nothing remotely disreputable about holding the opinion that Britain is better off outside of the EU, it’s not a view I subscribe to personally but that doesn’t matter. If that’s his view then fine, he should own it. Him burying his head in the sand isn’t going to make the issue go away, not for him, not in the position he holds.

People have an expectation of forthright expression and in this instance it isn’t too much to ask.

Local Elections results on 16:16 - May 4 with 1801 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour gain 60 council seats Tories lose 6 and Labour lost? it is weird how the media is reporting the election results and the hysteria on here is superb

And a well done to the greens and the lib dems who also gained some nice councils

Torys are on the ropes

Local Elections results on 16:16 - May 4 with 1801 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 16:10 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

The country is on its knees

And it’s Corbyns fault

Facking hell

You'll have to show me where I said that.

What I did say was that if he had any ability, the lot that are in power wouldn't be laughing.

But you can't see the problem.
Local Elections results on 16:24 - May 4 with 1787 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Local Elections results on 13:49 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I doubt it. At this point she could probably wave the Windrush generation off at Heathrow to wherever she was trying to deport them to and she'd still be more favourable and likely to win a General Election than Corbyn.

In a national poll conducted early this week I.e. since the Windrush scandal, 21% think the Tory immigration policy is too strict, 15% think it’s about right, 44% think it’s not strict enough and 20% don’t know.

Conclusion - Windrush won’t lose the Tories votes, it might even gain them votes.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Local Elections results on 16:25 - May 4 with 1782 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 16:16 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

You'll have to show me where I said that.

What I did say was that if he had any ability, the lot that are in power wouldn't be laughing.

But you can't see the problem.

The beginning of the end for the Torys

Well done to all the other party’s

Local Elections results on 16:29 - May 4 with 1762 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 16:25 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

The beginning of the end for the Torys

Well done to all the other party’s

You’re reading way, way too much into minuscule council gains, Tom. Seeing the glass half full is one thing mistaking it for a looking glass is something else entirely. Steady on...

Local Elections results on 16:30 - May 4 with 1760 viewssherpajacob

Local Elections results on 16:24 - May 4 by Joe_bradshaw

In a national poll conducted early this week I.e. since the Windrush scandal, 21% think the Tory immigration policy is too strict, 15% think it’s about right, 44% think it’s not strict enough and 20% don’t know.

Conclusion - Windrush won’t lose the Tories votes, it might even gain them votes.

Racism works for the Tories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-44005594

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Local Elections results on 16:33 - May 4 with 1748 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 16:29 - May 4 by Lohengrin

You’re reading way, way too much into minuscule council gains, Tom. Seeing the glass half full is one thing mistaking it for a looking glass is something else entirely. Steady on...

I’m sorry

I’ll just leave this here and f@ck off out for the night

хорошие вечерние товарищи

😉

Local Elections results on 16:33 - May 4 with 1748 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Local Elections results on 16:30 - May 4 by sherpajacob

Racism works for the Tories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-44005594

Indeed.

Don’t underestimate the popularity of racism.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Local Elections results on 16:42 - May 4 with 1735 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 16:33 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’m sorry

I’ll just leave this here and f@ck off out for the night

хорошие вечерние товарищи

😉

Just for you I’ll turn back the clock, Tom!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024