Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What grounds will be missed the.... 12:29 - May 30 with 4241 viewscentrestandswan

most for away games in the Prem' now we have the Championship to look forward to?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:25 - May 31 with 908 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 10:58 - May 31 by Nookiejack

Yes too right and The Trust Board didn't see it, they thought we would stay in the PL forever.

Apparently 49 clubs have now played in the PL.

Yes 49 clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_clubs

Yep, I couldn’t understand it. It seemed like the Americans who were absolute novices in terms of PL football completely outsmarted the Trust Board basing the deal on staying there for x amount of years before the deal was complete. I immediately lost any crumb of faith I had in them at that moment, even had the prominent posters on here who are in the Trust board unable to see it. The lack of foresight from top to bottom has been horrific.

It was common sense that it was going to end any season now.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:37 - May 31 with 892 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 11:11 - May 31 by pencoedjack

On the other hand if I sold my house at the right time I could make a huge profit & if I continued to reinvest it correctly I would build up a decent nest egg

Also if I rent & looked after the house I would basically making that house more valuable to the owner.

Unfortunately in footballing terms ( as an example & there are many) we made around a 25 million pound profit on our star man last summer & reinvested with garbage

We loaned Sanchez & Abraham didn’t look after them & there value is now probably less than when we rented them.

But your house sale is dictated to you, it depends on a whole host of things. Also the more you invest the higher the chance you will come up against a bad investment, regardless of due diligence and depending on the strength of your portfolio at the time, could set you back years.

Looking after a house doesn’t really come into it as the damage being done to it is the fact that the costs of owning it are spiralling out of control. Cut back on those costs and you my lose it all together, you are backed into a corner making your next investment ave a much smaller margin of error, until after several years down the line and costs are at such a level where you can no longer make even a single bad investment.

In footballing terms, it is unrealistic to expect our signings to work out every single time. Man United struggle in that department at times too, look at the (at the time) worlds most expensive footballer they signed. However they have the financial clout and quality in other departments to compensate. It is far more obvious at a smaller club as their have neither - hence why no smaller club stays there for very long.

The fact we stayed there for so long was remarkable as opposed to not being there anymore being a failure. It’s a bit like complaining about lack of conditioning of an athlete who just ran halfway around the world non stop, it is what they have done that is remarkable, to judge them at their exhausted weakest moment isn’t really the best way to look at the achievement.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:54 - May 31 with 875 viewsjacksfullaces

lets not have 10 pages on the property market to make a point that is valid on its own terms.

we were going to make mistakes eventually, our winning formula was no secret, and others have tried or failed, or have the finances to cover their mistakes - we didn't.

that doesn't preclude as part of a reset some different minds in the mix to come up with another formula and be given the space/power to do so. everything needs freshening up now and our club is crying out for it.

and as part of that refresh a few new faces, structures and some detail on the mistakes that are attempted to be remedied.

bearing in mind there will be another 22? teams in our division all trying to do the same thing. we may succeed, we may fail, but doing nothing/the same as before will feel wrong for me, maybe not for others.

that's why even a couple of seasons rebuilding around the under 23s wouldn't feel completely wrong, and in that regard perhaps jenkins would be able to claim some long term legacy. but he still needs to accept that his time as the key to everything has run out.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:59 - May 31 with 868 viewsjacksfullaces

oh and I'll miss stamford bridge and fulham as always been a good way to catch up with old friends/haunts in the wimbledon area.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 13:00 - May 31 with 865 viewspencoedjack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:37 - May 31 by E20Jack

But your house sale is dictated to you, it depends on a whole host of things. Also the more you invest the higher the chance you will come up against a bad investment, regardless of due diligence and depending on the strength of your portfolio at the time, could set you back years.

Looking after a house doesn’t really come into it as the damage being done to it is the fact that the costs of owning it are spiralling out of control. Cut back on those costs and you my lose it all together, you are backed into a corner making your next investment ave a much smaller margin of error, until after several years down the line and costs are at such a level where you can no longer make even a single bad investment.

In footballing terms, it is unrealistic to expect our signings to work out every single time. Man United struggle in that department at times too, look at the (at the time) worlds most expensive footballer they signed. However they have the financial clout and quality in other departments to compensate. It is far more obvious at a smaller club as their have neither - hence why no smaller club stays there for very long.

The fact we stayed there for so long was remarkable as opposed to not being there anymore being a failure. It’s a bit like complaining about lack of conditioning of an athlete who just ran halfway around the world non stop, it is what they have done that is remarkable, to judge them at their exhausted weakest moment isn’t really the best way to look at the achievement.

I disagree but can't be arsed to argue.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 13:06 - May 31 with 858 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:54 - May 31 by jacksfullaces

lets not have 10 pages on the property market to make a point that is valid on its own terms.

we were going to make mistakes eventually, our winning formula was no secret, and others have tried or failed, or have the finances to cover their mistakes - we didn't.

that doesn't preclude as part of a reset some different minds in the mix to come up with another formula and be given the space/power to do so. everything needs freshening up now and our club is crying out for it.

and as part of that refresh a few new faces, structures and some detail on the mistakes that are attempted to be remedied.

bearing in mind there will be another 22? teams in our division all trying to do the same thing. we may succeed, we may fail, but doing nothing/the same as before will feel wrong for me, maybe not for others.

that's why even a couple of seasons rebuilding around the under 23s wouldn't feel completely wrong, and in that regard perhaps jenkins would be able to claim some long term legacy. but he still needs to accept that his time as the key to everything has run out.

I wouldn’t even say mistakes, some things can be the correct decisions and still fail. Sanches was a prime example, Clement clearly felt he could restore the players confidence and if he could have then us getting the player we all saw at the Euros and the reason he was touted as one of the best young player on the planet would have been massive for a club our size and stature. People look at that as a mistake but it is the exact type of player we should be going after and would like us to do so again if a similar opportunity arises.

Also agree the club needs a complete refresh but also mindful of the fact that until the share issue is resolved then even freshness will become stale very quickly. The on field action is a sideshow from here on in for my mind, and probably should have been last year too. We have far larger fish to fry as fans.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 13:09 - May 31 with 854 viewsjacksfullaces

What grounds will be missed the.... on 13:06 - May 31 by E20Jack

I wouldn’t even say mistakes, some things can be the correct decisions and still fail. Sanches was a prime example, Clement clearly felt he could restore the players confidence and if he could have then us getting the player we all saw at the Euros and the reason he was touted as one of the best young player on the planet would have been massive for a club our size and stature. People look at that as a mistake but it is the exact type of player we should be going after and would like us to do so again if a similar opportunity arises.

Also agree the club needs a complete refresh but also mindful of the fact that until the share issue is resolved then even freshness will become stale very quickly. The on field action is a sideshow from here on in for my mind, and probably should have been last year too. We have far larger fish to fry as fans.

fair points.

will watch the latter with interest, and no doubt have something to say now and again.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024