Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Election Statements 20:36 - Jul 6 with 9041 viewsPhil_S

Seems to make sense to have a thread where potential candidates can place their statements as we have a few on here standing so please post them here...
Trust Election Statements on 14:30 - Jul 9 with 2283 viewsJinxy

I believe Phil has always had the right intentions, and I think he and all and sundry are now much clearer on actions and probable agendas of the previous and existing shareholders, and the Trust as an entity too. We all make mistakes, it's how we react and respond that's the most important. Personally, I'm glad Phil is prepared to get involved in the madness again, as we (me included) are not all prepared to dedicate the time and effort in exchange for hassle for the most part. I would have initially voted for the deal, but on consideration voted against as the consequences of all options became clearer. Phil's position before and now obviously demonstrates a similar shift in my view. In any event I believe at all times he has always tried to guide the Trust with the club's best interests at heart, with the available supporting information etc. at a given time.

Phil's position now is I believe the correct one, and I think the Trust board will certainly be better for his involvement in whatever capacity. That's my view, but each to their own of course.
Trust Election Statements on 14:49 - Jul 9 with 2240 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's all hope those standing for election can get through the next few weeks without calling people on this forum who ask questions about former Trust decisions '*tw*ts' or 'c*nts'.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Election Statements on 09:25 - Jul 17 with 2076 viewsOutsider

Trust Election Statements on 19:15 - Jul 8 by Phil_S

These questions have all been answered several times over? The answers wont change.

The Trust board (collective, myself included) believed that the deal being recommended was the best course of action so it was recommended. The documents issued were pulled together with full agreement from the legal side of the Trust with pros and cons for each solution with our recommendation.

What is different? Well, I just point you to my section statement which I think covers this. I believe my input on here over the past few months gives you a view as to where I stand so again I just run the risk of repeating things over and over again with some different words.

I don't believe that the inaction has reduced the likelihood of success and financial value and neither do I believe does the legal team although that would be a question for those who have been involved the last six months

As with every other member who has a vote I ask them to read the candidate statements and make their statements based on these

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil thanks for responding. I’m sorry I can’t trawl through all the threads here to find answers to what you have answered before. As you say, the statement will have to do.

Can you explain why you think the inaction of the Trust in a timely manner after Americans 2 has not reduced the likelihood of success from future legal action? I would say the yanks lawyer would argue that the Trust accepted the situation as judged by its inaction, the Trust board negotiated a weak deal structure with the yanks that sets an unhelpful precedent, and value of the club after relegation is now a fraction of what it was when we were in the Premier League.
Trust Election Statements on 19:40 - Jul 25 with 1999 viewsOutsider

Phil please can you answer the above question:

“Can you explain why you think the inaction of the Trust in a timely manner after Americans 2 has not reduced the likelihood of success from future legal action? I would say the yanks lawyer would argue that the Trust accepted the situation as judged by its inaction, the Trust board negotiated a weak deal structure with the yanks that sets an unhelpful precedent, and value of the club after relegation is now a fraction of what it was when we were in the Premier League.”

I believe I have seen you say on here in the last week or so that you now believe the Trust should sell its full 21% shareholding ... do you really think this would be ascribed the same value as at the time of Americans 2?
Trust Election Statements on 20:45 - Jul 25 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 19:40 - Jul 25 by Outsider

Phil please can you answer the above question:

“Can you explain why you think the inaction of the Trust in a timely manner after Americans 2 has not reduced the likelihood of success from future legal action? I would say the yanks lawyer would argue that the Trust accepted the situation as judged by its inaction, the Trust board negotiated a weak deal structure with the yanks that sets an unhelpful precedent, and value of the club after relegation is now a fraction of what it was when we were in the Premier League.”

I believe I have seen you say on here in the last week or so that you now believe the Trust should sell its full 21% shareholding ... do you really think this would be ascribed the same value as at the time of Americans 2?

Phil probably isn't in a position to answer this since last Nov, but I can. The time lapsed, in our advisor's legal opinions anyway, does not have any impact whatsoever on the possibility of success of a legal case.

If the Trust hadn't been trying to find an alternative path then possibly. That's one thing the Trust surely couldn't be denied doing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Election Statements on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 1904 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 20:45 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

Phil probably isn't in a position to answer this since last Nov, but I can. The time lapsed, in our advisor's legal opinions anyway, does not have any impact whatsoever on the possibility of success of a legal case.

If the Trust hadn't been trying to find an alternative path then possibly. That's one thing the Trust surely couldn't be denied doing.

My answer would have been close to this.

It is difficult to answer when someone is 8/9 months out of the loop but good to see nothing has changed and I don't see why it would.

Sorry I didn't answer originally - nothing more sinister than being away all last week and most of this so not really online a huge amount.

As a final reminder though to members - last chance to get those votes in, they have to arrive by Friday I believe so pray for the postal service if you haven't already sent
Trust Election Statements on 10:14 - Jul 27 with 1807 views34dfgdf54

Trust Election Statements on 21:15 - Jul 25 by Phil_S

My answer would have been close to this.

It is difficult to answer when someone is 8/9 months out of the loop but good to see nothing has changed and I don't see why it would.

Sorry I didn't answer originally - nothing more sinister than being away all last week and most of this so not really online a huge amount.

As a final reminder though to members - last chance to get those votes in, they have to arrive by Friday I believe so pray for the postal service if you haven't already sent

When's the results due Phil?

I was a paid up member after, so had my voting slips posted and returned.
Trust Election Statements on 10:27 - Jul 27 with 1796 viewsJackfath

Trust Election Statements on 10:14 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

Closing date today. I think the form said results would be posted on the Trust forum either later today or as soon as possible after.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Election Statements on 10:42 - Jul 27 with 1778 viewsQJumpingJack

Who does the counting?
Trust Election Statements on 11:00 - Jul 27 with 1755 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 10:14 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

Closing date is today - would expect results to come out Monday/Tuesday
Trust Election Statements on 21:25 - Jul 27 with 1643 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Election Statements on 10:42 - Jul 27 by QJumpingJack

Who does the counting?

Me and Phil.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Election Statements on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 1639 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 21:25 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Me and Phil.

Phil and I
Trust Election Statements on 21:32 - Jul 27 with 1630 viewsDewi1jack

Trust Election Statements on 10:42 - Jul 27 by QJumpingJack

Who does the counting?

Beaky, Shagger, Dimwit and every other fugger who sold up.

Sorry.
Thought you meant the cash

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Election Statements on 21:34 - Jul 27 with 1625 viewsDarran

When are the results out?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Election Statements on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 1583 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Election Statements on 21:34 - Jul 27 by Darran

Next week I’d imagine.

Trust Election Statements on 22:05 - Jul 27 with 1563 viewsDarran

Trust Election Statements on 21:52 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Next week I’d imagine.

Thank you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Election Statements on 23:00 - Jul 27 with 1510 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 21:52 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Next week I’d imagine.

Monday night I'd expect.

Just so you can arrange your election night plans accordingly...

Trust Election Statements on 23:21 - Jul 27 with 1498 viewsNeathJack

Out of interest, why are they being delivered to a persons (I assume the secretary) address rather than to a PO box and then all collected at the same time?

It does leave a large amount of trust (small t) in the hands of said person.
Trust Election Statements on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 1446 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 23:21 - Jul 27 by NeathJack

Out of interest, why are they being delivered to a persons (I assume the secretary) address rather than to a PO box and then all collected at the same time?

It does leave a large amount of trust (small t) in the hands of said person.

Not unless he's got x-ray vision to see through envelopes it doesn't, or if he was the one doing the count. Plus if it was a PO box, who would be the one collecting them then? Someone has to.

Worth noting, it's the same process and practice that has been followed for past elections and is pretty standard for similar orgs.

I was hoping we'd wait until after the results for conspiracy theories though!!

Trust Election Statements on 20:48 - Jul 28 with 1354 viewsNeathJack

Trust Election Statements on 09:13 - Jul 28 by Uxbridge

Not unless he's got x-ray vision to see through envelopes it doesn't, or if he was the one doing the count. Plus if it was a PO box, who would be the one collecting them then? Someone has to.

Worth noting, it's the same process and practice that has been followed for past elections and is pretty standard for similar orgs.

I was hoping we'd wait until after the results for conspiracy theories though!!

Nothing stopping the envelopes being opened, certain ballots being discarded and the remainder being put into new envelopes though.

Not suggesting it's happening, but it's hardly a foolproof system if someone wanted to tamper with the results.
Trust Election Statements on 20:59 - Jul 28 with 1337 viewsItchySphincter

Should have done a poll on social media.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust Election Statements on 20:59 - Jul 28 with 1334 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 20:48 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Nothing stopping the envelopes being opened, certain ballots being discarded and the remainder being put into new envelopes though.

Not suggesting it's happening, but it's hardly a foolproof system if someone wanted to tamper with the results.

Not sure where he'd get the 700 or so envelopes, given that the mailing was done by a company a few hours away , but there we are.

Trust Election Statements on 19:52 - Jul 29 with 1191 viewsexiledclaseboy

So anyond want to take a guess on who’s in and who’s out now that the poll is closed? David Dimbleby is on air tomorrow to announce the results live on Trust TV.

Trust Election Statements on 20:11 - Jul 29 with 1176 viewsMoscowJack

Trust Election Statements on 19:52 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

So anyond want to take a guess on who’s in and who’s out now that the poll is closed? David Dimbleby is on air tomorrow to announce the results live on Trust TV.

As I've been mainly travelling for the last two months, I've really lost track of who's potentially in/out but I am curious as to whether the Secretary is going to continue in his role?

Is he going to continue scoffing the Boardroom food home and away or is he less keen now that we're not PL?

Wouldn't now be a good time to offer his resignation and leave the running of the Trust to those more in touch with this decade and the era of the interweb!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Election Statements on 20:14 - Jul 29 with 1174 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Election Statements on 19:52 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

When will we know and is there the option of a recount if close?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024