Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? 16:03 - Jul 18 with 12981 viewsvetchonian

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-launch-fan-focus-groups

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:13 - Jul 23 with 1973 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 11:28 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

And it's that sort of personal bollox I really can't stand. Anyone who has ever met Stu would know he'd be much happier in the East. You're bang out of line there.

There'll be people who think the Trust shouldn't engage with the club. There'll be plenty who think the Trust should. I've never understood those arguing the Trust shouldn't be in the directors box also being the ones arguing the Trust should be more involved at the club. You really can't have it both ways.

Well why doesn’t he sit in the East then?

You make out that the Trust being in the boardroom and directors box on a matchday as if they are going to pick up little snippets that could work in your favour. How?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:16 - Jul 23 with 1964 viewsQJumpingJack

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:13 - Jul 23 by Darran

You make out that the Trust being in the boardroom and directors box on a matchday as if they are going to pick up little snippets that could work in your favour. How?

Stuart is often sitting with the fans at home and away games. Same for Alan Lewis.
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 1940 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:16 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

Stuart is often sitting with the fans at home and away games. Same for Alan Lewis.

What in the Directors Box?

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:35 - Jul 23 with 1915 viewsUxbridge

You can't see any potential value in having a face to face conversation with someone? You can't see it's more likely you'll be involved in the decision making process if you're in the room?

At least that last post was a departure from snidey "ooh look at him, he's loving it" posts. I'll be sure to look sufficiently grumpy if I ever end up in there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:39 - Jul 23 with 1899 viewswaynekerr55

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:35 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

You can't see any potential value in having a face to face conversation with someone? You can't see it's more likely you'll be involved in the decision making process if you're in the room?

At least that last post was a departure from snidey "ooh look at him, he's loving it" posts. I'll be sure to look sufficiently grumpy if I ever end up in there.

I know Stuart is both a nice fella and a bright bloke. could I be as ride as to ask why he's been silent since replacing Huw C?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:40 - Jul 23 with 1897 viewsmonmouth

Particularly as they have been treated with utter contempt for nigh on three years. How can anyone claim this strategy has been successful. And of course you are right. If Silent MacDonald prefers to sit in the East, then sit in the east. Unless of course, it’s just a claim.

Ux, I respect your integrity, but I’ve no doubt some people love being ‘special’ in the box. You aren’t one of them (and neither would I be). But It’s just human nature, and Wales is full of wannabe jumped up committed types. I can’t say if SMac is one of them, I don’t know him, but he has been an utter disaster as SD in my opinion as a humble member. Exactly what we didn’t need. I would give blood to have had some bolshy experienced non-exec board level animal like Lisa in there over the same period. Edit, and yes, then I would see value in being there.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 12:43]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:46 - Jul 23 with 1875 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:35 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Well I haven’t seen any of it thus far anyway and I’m not being snidey I’m saying what I see.
Also you said earlier that there are no perks. lol

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 1860 viewsUxbridge

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:39 - Jul 23 by waynekerr55

I know Stuart is both a nice fella and a bright bloke. could I be as ride as to ask why he's been silent since replacing Huw C?

By silent I guess you mean why he doesn't post online? It's a fair point and one I think is counterproductive. Tried a few times in the not so distant past to set up regular Q&A sessions online but for various reasons they've never got past the one-off stage. That's definitely something there'll be an opportunity to improve on with the new Board next month, depending on who the next Chair is of course.

In terms of offline, he's very active in fairness. Always around the Landore, Pod, meeting the fans at home and away games etc. He spends one day a week at the club and is frequently in contact with the decision makers. The lack of awareness of all that doesn't help matters. That's not just his failing by any means though.

Login to get fewer ads

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:49 - Jul 23 with 1851 viewsQJumpingJack

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:22 - Jul 23 by Darran

What in the Directors Box?

No.

Sitting with the paying fans.
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:51 - Jul 23 with 1844 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:47 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

By silent I guess you mean why he doesn't post online? It's a fair point and one I think is counterproductive. Tried a few times in the not so distant past to set up regular Q&A sessions online but for various reasons they've never got past the one-off stage. That's definitely something there'll be an opportunity to improve on with the new Board next month, depending on who the next Chair is of course.

In terms of offline, he's very active in fairness. Always around the Landore, Pod, meeting the fans at home and away games etc. He spends one day a week at the club and is frequently in contact with the decision makers. The lack of awareness of all that doesn't help matters. That's not just his failing by any means though.

No I’d guess he means why hasn’t he put a statement on what he thinks of the going’s on in the past and what he thinks/hopes for in the future whether that’s online or written on a fuçking bog roll.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:54 - Jul 23 with 1837 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:49 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

No.

Sitting with the paying fans.

He’s in the Directors Box at every home game FFS.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:56 - Jul 23 with 1829 viewsUxbridge

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:40 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Particularly as they have been treated with utter contempt for nigh on three years. How can anyone claim this strategy has been successful. And of course you are right. If Silent MacDonald prefers to sit in the East, then sit in the east. Unless of course, it’s just a claim.

Ux, I respect your integrity, but I’ve no doubt some people love being ‘special’ in the box. You aren’t one of them (and neither would I be). But It’s just human nature, and Wales is full of wannabe jumped up committed types. I can’t say if SMac is one of them, I don’t know him, but he has been an utter disaster as SD in my opinion as a humble member. Exactly what we didn’t need. I would give blood to have had some bolshy experienced non-exec board level animal like Lisa in there over the same period. Edit, and yes, then I would see value in being there.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 12:43]

Maybe some do, I don't know. I think they're mad if they do. I know there's hardly been any rush to attend particularly over the last 12 months if intra-Trust comms are anything to go by. Prosser is the sort who probably would, which is why he thinks it's a perk, but having seen behind that particular curtain, it's a bit rubbish. Unless you're a fan of buffet's of course.

I guess it depends what you want in a supporter director. Fan engagement is just as important as ability to push the Trust's agenda int he boardroom. Anyone who takes on the SD role needs to be as comfortable in the East stand as in the boardroom IMO. That fan engagement can't be limited just to offline platforms though, which I think is the big gap. It's a hell of a task for anyone though, particular as a voluntary role with no financial recompense.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:58 - Jul 23 with 1816 viewsUxbridge

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:54 - Jul 23 by Darran

Given I've seen him in the East plenty of times last season, I know that's bollox.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:07 - Jul 23 with 1791 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:56 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Maybe some do, I don't know. I think they're mad if they do. I know there's hardly been any rush to attend particularly over the last 12 months if intra-Trust comms are anything to go by. Prosser is the sort who probably would, which is why he thinks it's a perk, but having seen behind that particular curtain, it's a bit rubbish. Unless you're a fan of buffet's of course.

I guess it depends what you want in a supporter director. Fan engagement is just as important as ability to push the Trust's agenda int he boardroom. Anyone who takes on the SD role needs to be as comfortable in the East stand as in the boardroom IMO. That fan engagement can't be limited just to offline platforms though, which I think is the big gap. It's a hell of a task for anyone though, particular as a voluntary role with no financial recompense.

I’ve said for years that a lot of your replies on here distance people from the Trust and you’re still doing it.
I wouldn’t be in there and I certainly wouldn’t be mediating with them either.

So just to clarify there are absolutely no perks to sitting in the Directors Box?

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:08 - Jul 23 with 1785 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:58 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Given I've seen him in the East plenty of times last season, I know that's bollox.

He was in the Directors Box just about every game last season.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:13 - Jul 23 with 1769 viewsWingstandwood

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 12:54 - Jul 23 by Darran

Wasn't he in the directors (of all games!) during SCFC's last Premier League game?

If he was? He should be absolutely ashamed of himself! That match was THE specific match in particular to make a point or to protest.

To be obviously more than comfortable to sit amongst filth i.e. Dineen, Morgan and Pearlman was and is an utter disgrace and affront to SCST members past and present. The directors box should be boycotted i.e. an act of principle, dignity and self respect! After all?... Haven't SCST officials noticed the contempt of which SCST, its membership and they're held? Hasn't the first betrayal of the sell-out, the second betrayal of share purchase deal, along with Van Zweden goading etc, etc, etc hit the part of the brain that processes common sense yet?

Argus!

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:26 - Jul 23 with 1751 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:13 - Jul 23 by Wingstandwood

Wasn't he in the directors (of all games!) during SCFC's last Premier League game?

If he was? He should be absolutely ashamed of himself! That match was THE specific match in particular to make a point or to protest.

To be obviously more than comfortable to sit amongst filth i.e. Dineen, Morgan and Pearlman was and is an utter disgrace and affront to SCST members past and present. The directors box should be boycotted i.e. an act of principle, dignity and self respect! After all?... Haven't SCST officials noticed the contempt of which SCST, its membership and they're held? Hasn't the first betrayal of the sell-out, the second betrayal of share purchase deal, along with Van Zweden goading etc, etc, etc hit the part of the brain that processes common sense yet?

Of course it should be boycotted.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 1727 viewsUxbridge

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:07 - Jul 23 by Darran

I’ve said for years that a lot of your replies on here distance people from the Trust and you’re still doing it.

So just to clarify there are absolutely no perks to sitting in the Directors Box?

Well, I would agree with you but we'd both be wrong. I've never been one to pander though, that's true.

Mediation is a necessary step if you want legal action or if you want a deal. The Trust would be in a weaker position without going through this process. Like it or not, it's necessary.

Perk? I've got a season ticket, with pretty much the opposite view in the East. As far as I'm aware, everyone else on the board has a ST also. I've never been able to understand the mindset of people who want to be seen in particular places. But then I'm not posting selfies of myself on social media either ...

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:46 - Jul 23 with 1720 viewsWingstandwood

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:26 - Jul 23 by Darran

Of course it should be boycotted.

Aye....self respect, self awareness, decency, honour and morals has gone out of the window here! The 'exclusive' V.I.P corporate matchday experience has become a priority here for one or two!

But hey, Trust members outside of that parallel universe are meant to be treated like naive mugs to believe that the Trust representation in the directors box is a 'cross to bear-fact finding-initiative'.

If SCST impostors want a 'director for the day' experience? They should f#cking well buy one of their raffle tickets and win a day out there! The previous betrayals screamed 'radio-silence' because sitting amongst the Judas brigade on matchdays has hardly progressed the Trust has it! Neither has it had cause and effect of raising the bar regarding the way its been treated by Yanks/Jenkins/sell-out scum either!

Argus!

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:50 - Jul 23 with 1709 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust have every right to be in the Directors Box - they own a 21% stake in the club and have been here much longer than the American owners.

To an earlier post, I am not sure why Pearlman would be in Directors Box as he is not a director/shareholder.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 16:02]
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 14:56 - Jul 23 with 1651 viewsWingstandwood

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:50 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

The Trust have every right to be in the Directors Box - they own a 21% stake in the club and have been here much longer than the American owners.

To an earlier post, I am not sure why Pearlman would be in Directors Box as he is not a director/shareholder.

Pearlman never been in SCFC's directors box?

Pearlman no stranger to SCFC's directors box and neither is his family?.... Anybody else's family members also. Mmmmm????

Quote:

In 2016, Swansea had the 13th highest wage bill in England’s top division. To be relegated, the club would have to underperform their peers. But over time, the team have lost their “Way”, keeping the ball less, playing fewer short passes, more long balls – just like most other Premier League sides. The beautiful football that once distinguished Swansea from their rivals has dissipated.

At kick-off, I take a seat in the director’s box to watch the match alongside PEARLMAN AND HIS FAMILY. During the first half, a pair of club officials nearby begin an expletive-filled commentary in thick Welsh accents.

1. Tell me? The Trusts presence in the directors box that it is indeed entitled to? Do you not agree it has reinforced/epitomised the "familiarity breeds contempt" saying?

2. Do you not agree that the SCST has indeed been (and continues to be!) treated with complete and utter contempt?

3. Do you agree that SCST presence in the directors box over a particular period of time has been a most appalling disgrace and own-goal?

Argus!

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 15:09 - Jul 23 with 1630 viewsPhil_S

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:07 - Jul 23 by Darran

Can I jump in? What do you mean by perk?

The Trust are not in the directors box as an invited guest of the Chairman or owners but because - as a 21% shareholder, and a director in their own right - they are entitled to be in there. This part for me is key.

Each director can ask nominated guests to attend with him/her and the Trust director has previously invited other board members, local politicians and even I think some local businessmen etc. In terms of what happens, there is a meal available for all directors and guests as well as a seat in the directors box itself (for the record I believe I get a better view from my seat in the East Stand.)

As a director of the football club Stuart should have a presence in there on occasion (he doesn't do it every game) even if it is just to remind people that we are a shareholder and we are there in our own right. I believe that the Trust has more right to those seats for example than other former shareholders.

It has been the decision of the Trust board as individuals who wants to attend and who doesn't. I didn't do a single home game last season but did a lot the year before as we tried to progress to a deal on the shareholding. If I get voted back on this time I cannot see me wanting to attend on behalf of the Trust unless there was a Trust benefit to us doing so (essential meeting or the like)

Could you class it as a perk? Of course you could based on the fact that you get food and drink but for me I used to give my seat away in the East for those games anyway which balanced it out and I was always driving so the drink was usually water
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 15:10 - Jul 23 with 1620 viewsDarran

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 13:50 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

Are you on something?

Nobody’s said the Trust don’t have every right to be in the Directors Box,ever and Pearlmans in there for every game,at the last game of the season he was in there with his wife and two sons.

I’m not too sure what you’re on about.

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 15:13 - Jul 23 with 1610 viewsPhil_S

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 14:56 - Jul 23 by Wingstandwood

Pearlman never been in SCFC's directors box?

Pearlman no stranger to SCFC's directors box and neither is his family?.... Anybody else's family members also. Mmmmm????

Quote:

In 2016, Swansea had the 13th highest wage bill in England’s top division. To be relegated, the club would have to underperform their peers. But over time, the team have lost their “Way”, keeping the ball less, playing fewer short passes, more long balls – just like most other Premier League sides. The beautiful football that once distinguished Swansea from their rivals has dissipated.

At kick-off, I take a seat in the director’s box to watch the match alongside PEARLMAN AND HIS FAMILY. During the first half, a pair of club officials nearby begin an expletive-filled commentary in thick Welsh accents.

1. Tell me? The Trusts presence in the directors box that it is indeed entitled to? Do you not agree it has reinforced/epitomised the "familiarity breeds contempt" saying?

2. Do you not agree that the SCST has indeed been (and continues to be!) treated with complete and utter contempt?

3. Do you agree that SCST presence in the directors box over a particular period of time has been a most appalling disgrace and own-goal?

Looking at the questions

1. There's two arguments to this one - I can see your argument but I can also see the other one that suggests that it is right to retain that presence just to remind people that it is an organisation that shold have a significant presence at the football club

2. Yes I do. Or at least yes I do from what I knew pre-November and what I observe now.

3. Not fully although I would have supported a full boycott at the time of my leaving. ANd probably still would although I refer here back to my answer to question 1
is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 16:08 - Jul 23 with 1553 viewsWingstandwood

is this 2 fingers up to the trust? on 15:13 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Looking at the questions

1. There's two arguments to this one - I can see your argument but I can also see the other one that suggests that it is right to retain that presence just to remind people that it is an organisation that shold have a significant presence at the football club

2. Yes I do. Or at least yes I do from what I knew pre-November and what I observe now.

3. Not fully although I would have supported a full boycott at the time of my leaving. ANd probably still would although I refer here back to my answer to question 1

Pre-betrayal(s) era I had absolutely zero concern and had no problem whatsoever about SCST officials being in the directors box. A case of "good on em" would have been my opinion because those were bygone days without betrayal and when there seemed to be a degree of collaboration, cooperation and some respect shown by the sell-out scum towards SCST, its membership and supporters.

We're now in an EXTRAORDINARY period of time that has and continues to show appalling behaviour and standards from Jenkins/Yanks and Co.. The Trusts "building bridges" mindset/approach/strategy has been a case of Jenkins/ Yanks and Co seeing kindness as a weakness for it to be ruthlessly exploited and trampled upon with sociopathic standards.

A full boycott and full radio-silence at a matchday directors box is IMO the only logical thing to do.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024