Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter Wars 14:24 - Aug 24 with 4369 viewsjackharris

I have nothing against anyone who supports Swansea City. I do not care what country they are from. The more the merrier. I know Jacks who have moved to various countries such as New Zealand, Canada, The States, etc they have taken their love of the Swans with them and infected the people around them. The supporters from the States are completely different to the current owners they just share the country where they are from.

There are fans who identified with our style of play in the early days of the Premier League and the enhanced coverage on network TV and we became their team too. These people are true fans, they love the club just the same. They are not plastics, I see a plastic such as a Londoner who supports Man Utd, for example. With absolutely no ties or connections and plenty of teams on their doorstep.

What do people make of this...

I see no harm in them, I actually like having these guys along for the ride. The badges identify them to be the American Supporters of our beloved club! We became multinational and everyone is welcome. Except any rip off merchants like the charlatans currently in charge, they as individuals are arseholes to say it lightly.
They shouldn’t be mixed up with out true Supporting brothers and sisters from America.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Twitter Wars on 08:12 - Aug 25 with 794 views34dfgdf54

Twitter Wars on 00:14 - Aug 25 by Loyal

Actually he isn't.

Fair enough.

Seems out of order with this one though.
Twitter Wars on 08:22 - Aug 25 with 775 viewsHeadmaster

Twitter Wars on 03:41 - Aug 25 by nyc_swans

i'm an american who has been supporting the club for a while now, but i find a lot of the noise i see on twitter to be really annoying. manufactured tribalism.

people taking on the affectations of longtime supporters. i mean, i don't want cardiff to win just like i don't want any other rival club to win, but i also don't feel the need to call them "scum" just to fit in. just see a lot of people trying too hard, trying to prove how authentic they are.... support them in your own way. nobody truly cares.

this twitter fan culture rubs me the wrong way.

"Manufactured tribalism", that's a good way of describing it.
Twitter Wars on 11:01 - Aug 25 with 715 viewsBloodyhills

I just can't be doing with the 'anyone who wasn't down the Vetch watching Ivor play is a plastic' nonsense.

All who genuinely want to support the Swans are welcome and by genuine I don't mean those who treat it like a trip the theatre - like the 'theatre of dreams' :)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Twitter Wars on 12:40 - Aug 25 with 684 viewsirishswan546

Twitter Wars on 11:01 - Aug 25 by Bloodyhills

I just can't be doing with the 'anyone who wasn't down the Vetch watching Ivor play is a plastic' nonsense.

All who genuinely want to support the Swans are welcome and by genuine I don't mean those who treat it like a trip the theatre - like the 'theatre of dreams' :)

Well said
Twitter Wars on 12:50 - Aug 25 with 676 viewsicecoldjack

Twitter Wars on 11:01 - Aug 25 by Bloodyhills

Exactly right, every single fan or potential fan is and will be more important now than probably at any time in our History, the club is in need of as much support as possible, i can never get my head around any of it.

If somebody wishes to follow the Swans that's absolutely awesome, only utter incompetence from our commercial dept. has stopped the club from gaining more overseas support,sponsorship and profile, if it was run right for 7 yrs there'd be alot more following us now !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024