Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up 09:58 - Feb 1 with 14123 views34dfgdf54

Also confirms what we all knew.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/01/leeds-furious-swansea-pull-plug-

James’s agent, David Manasseh, told Telegraph Sport: “Swansea made no attempt to keep the player and at the first sign of money they couldn’t show him the door quickly enough. It is very disappointing but the player is philosophical about it.”

James had been Bielsa’s No 1 target in January and is likely to return for him in the summer. Championship leaders Leeds face second-placed Norwich at Elland Road on Saturday.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 14:37 - Feb 1 with 1885 viewsjasper_T

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 14:03 - Feb 1 by Song

Because we agreed to the original terms of the deal (which seems to be 1.5 million paid at the end of the season). That's why the deal then went ahead and James had a medical and was set to be unveiled. We then changed our minds and asked Leeds for the 750k up front to finalise the deal, to which they then agreed.

We didn't respond.

You're saying Leeds were only willing to go up to 750k. This is what WE asked them to do and they agreed. We moved the goal posts and didn't respond when they agreed to this change.

The lads been treat terribly by us and will no doubt refuse any further contract negotiations.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 14:06]

When I say agreed I mean an actual agreement not "oh yeah totally, we'll do that" which seems to be what the transfer was built on from both sides. A load of talk that changed tack with every passing hour.

Players shouldn't be travelling, agreeing personal terms and having medicals without things sorted on paper. Discussions were clearly ongoing while DJ was on a treadmill up north.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:06 - Feb 1 with 1824 viewsCaptain_Sham

They made no effort to keep the player …..apart from rejecting the offer? What load of horse-shyt.

Its just a ride.

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:37 - Feb 1 with 1772 viewschad

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 13:09 - Feb 1 by ItchySphincter

Exactly the situation we could have found ourselves with the boy from Brentford in the summer.

No offence spratty but some of our fans are constantly looking to blame the club for everything even when they are not at fault.

No offence taken and exactly why I asked for details to try and establish the facts

What constitutes the Club can be debated but the shocking lies and deceit of some of our current / previous shareholders to stuff their pockets at the expense of the Club’s future gives rightful cause for concern over their honesty and behaviour in future dealings

Conversely some posters are looking to excuse them for the inexcusable and fail to understand the nature of venture capitalists and their primary objective of profit.

Or the fact that whilst successful at the club we may have similar objectives, when things go downhill and they cannot see archiving their profit objectives in reasonable timescales then our objective to protect and nurture the club may very probably be diametrically opposed to their exit plans and objectives to minimise the loss of the money paid to the sellouts, by clawing back what they can from the club (even though the Club received none of it).

Also it needs to be understood that as I understand it asset stripping is not of itself illegal.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:42 - Feb 1 with 1748 viewsAngelRangelQS

Let’s get some context about what was probably on the table for Dan James.

A loan move to a club in the same division with the possibility of a permanent transfer in the summer.

Presumably he wouldn’t have been paid any extra wages over the rest of this season?

Leeds could have decided to leave him where he was had they not been promoted or had it not worked out for him

At the end of the day, outside Swansea nobody had heard of him 3 months ago. This suggestion he can now pout and sulk is absurd. If he does his career is as good as over.

I’d bet he signs a new contract with us within weeks. Just like virtually every other player in similar positions does
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:47 - Feb 1 with 1724 viewsjasper_T

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:42 - Feb 1 by AngelRangelQS

A loan move to a club in the same division with the possibility of a permanent transfer in the summer.

Presumably he wouldn’t have been paid any extra wages over the rest of this season?

Leeds could have decided to leave him where he was had they not been promoted or had it not worked out for him

At the end of the day, outside Swansea nobody had heard of him 3 months ago. This suggestion he can now pout and sulk is absurd. If he does his career is as good as over.

I’d bet he signs a new contract with us within weeks. Just like virtually every other player in similar positions does

There's no reason they couldn't have paid him more while on loan, like we did with Tammy, Stoke did with Woods during the pre-purchase period etc.

I think the purchase was supposed to be guaranteed based on promotion.

Yeah, his agent coming out today is basically saying "No way we sign a new contract (unless it's a big one)". Basic negotiating stuff.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:47 - Feb 1 with 1724 viewsmonmouth

If we decide to offer one.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 1699 viewschad

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 13:05 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

Everything I've seen from Nixon and Phil Hay (Leeds journo) says the terms were being sorted out in the final hours with Leeds first proposing the loan instead of transfer, then not being willing to pay the loan fee up front, then only £750k of it... at which point we stopped answering the phone.

He shouldn't have been sent up there without terms fully agreed. Can't have a player going through a medical without something on paper.

Their fault for going after a player they clearly couldn't afford to pay for. Made promises they couldn't keep.

Thanks for that, found the below article by Hay in YEP (unsure if already posted - and used him as you were referring to him so presume you consider him a credible source). Some excerpts below the link

From this seems by 2pm yesterday they just needed to agree the loan fee.

Leeds had initially intended to pay £1.5m in June. Late complications arose because of this although Leeds say they were willing to pay half up front and met with silence by us in the last hour and a half of the transfer window

Also refers to Dan left sat at Elland Road whilst the grains of sand slipped away

Hay also posted this a few minutes before the deadline closed:
Certain people at Swansea have been opposed to this deal from the start and more obstructions have appeared at the last minute. Almost 11pm. Then we'll see.

From this if correct it is difficult to tell if later disappointment at the initial loan terms suggested or internal conflict, led to our “withdrawal”

However agree this all should have been sorted out sooner, Dan should have been kept informed and why did we not just make it clear the terms were not acceptable. However unhappy we are, radio silence until time runs out does not seem the most mature action or the best way to engender good relationships with players or other clubs.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/the-winger-ma

For several days it appeared that Swansea were playing hard to get, knowing as they did that James wanted to take the offer Leeds were making him. A source close to the winger told the YEP as early as Monday afternoon that the deal would “100 per cent get done” but discussions between the clubs went back and forward from the latter stages of last week onwards.

What began as a £5m up-front offer from United became a loan to the end of this season with a commitment from Leeds to sign James for a fee in excess of £5m if they won promotion from the Championship.

A loan fee was necessary to bring negotiations to a close around 2pm yesterday. At that stage no-one saw the chaos ahead.

James passed a medical in good time at Thorp Arch and was driven to Elland Road around 6pm to complete the paperwork and go through the process of media interviews and photographs.

A late complication arose over United's initial intention to pay the £1.5m loan fee in June but sources at Elland Road insist they were ready to commit to a revision of the scheduling and transfer an immediate sum of £750,000.

Leeds claim to have been met with silence from Wales in the last hour-and-a-half of the window, creating the suspicion that the transfer was about to go under.

Swansea’s decision to bring down James’ departure was not taken with impunity.

James was set on leaving before yesterday’s deadline and will go back to Swansea deeply disappointed by the club blocked his transfer and leaving him sat at Elland Road while the grains of sand slipped away.

Leeds could revisit the transfer in the summer but James, for all his future potential, was a player Bielsa intended to unleash during the Championship run-in. Instead, the winger’s only chance to play at Elland Road this season will come when Swansea visit to Elland Road in two weeks’ time. Unfortunate timing after a very unfortunate saga
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 1698 viewsAnotherJohn

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:37 - Feb 1 by chad

No offence taken and exactly why I asked for details to try and establish the facts

What constitutes the Club can be debated but the shocking lies and deceit of some of our current / previous shareholders to stuff their pockets at the expense of the Club’s future gives rightful cause for concern over their honesty and behaviour in future dealings

Conversely some posters are looking to excuse them for the inexcusable and fail to understand the nature of venture capitalists and their primary objective of profit.

Or the fact that whilst successful at the club we may have similar objectives, when things go downhill and they cannot see archiving their profit objectives in reasonable timescales then our objective to protect and nurture the club may very probably be diametrically opposed to their exit plans and objectives to minimise the loss of the money paid to the sellouts, by clawing back what they can from the club (even though the Club received none of it).

Also it needs to be understood that as I understand it asset stripping is not of itself illegal.

On that last point it would be interesting to hear from somebody with legal expertise in this field just how far owners can go in continuing trading, liquidating assets and paying consultancy fees in a situation where a football club's debts far exceed the resources available to pay them. Forum members may remember that our old mate Mike Lewis, together with his pal John Russell, got convicted of fraud for trading while insolvent at Exeter City.
Login to get fewer ads

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:09 - Feb 1 with 1649 viewsBadlands

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 12:55 - Feb 1 by Oldjack

looks like the loss of parachute payments …………… loss ?

The2nd commented -
The club have a 70m black hole to fill over the next two seasons and that should be a worry to everyone.
I perhaps should have made it clearer - I thought that figure was the withdrawal of parachute payments over two years plus existing depts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:14 - Feb 1 with 1637 viewsUxbridge

Rangel.
Bodde.
Taylor.

Hardly the first time a player would be disappointed not to get a move before promptly signing a new contact and then going on to be an important player for us. Or Neil Taylor.

This James business is all a bit odd. I don't have any particular knowledge of the proposed terms but this whole loan business with the conditional option to buy/sell was a daft idea in principle. Every possibility (especially given a Bielsa side's previous for capitulating with the finishing line in sight) that the deal could result in a disenfranchised player that the Swans would have to deal with. It should never have got to the point where he was sitting in a room at their ground which, whatever way you dress it up, shows spectacular mismanagement from both sides of the transfer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:30 - Feb 1 with 1598 views_

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 15:37 - Feb 1 by chad

Irrelevant claptrap

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:39 - Feb 1 with 1557 viewsswan65split

I notice the clouds of doubt didnt last long....
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 1531 viewschad

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:30 - Feb 1 by _

Irrelevant claptrap

Strong cerebral argument bro ;)

You disappoint me T2C not even able to offer any reasoning behind your em disagreement

Come on you must have something, no matter how bizarre - just give it a go
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:53 - Feb 1 with 1525 views_

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:49 - Feb 1 by chad

Strong cerebral argument bro ;)

You disappoint me T2C not even able to offer any reasoning behind your em disagreement

Come on you must have something, no matter how bizarre - just give it a go

You seem to fail to grasp how they are going to get their monies back from this so called exit strategy

The 750k for example we'd get for James, was that going to make much of a dent in our accounts, The 7m in the Summer would but enough to exit the club?

Get real

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewschad

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:53 - Feb 1 by _

You seem to fail to grasp how they are going to get their monies back from this so called exit strategy

The 750k for example we'd get for James, was that going to make much of a dent in our accounts, The 7m in the Summer would but enough to exit the club?

Get real

So called exit strategy?

You think experienced investors such of these with profitability and future expansion plans based on staying in / returning to the PL are
A. Too dim to see the potential major pitfalls in their cunning plan
B. Not experienced enough to put in from the outset at least a broadly based exit strategy
You do them an injustice

This is not about them getting back the tens of millions that they lined the sellouts pockets with but about cutting their losses by clawing everything out of the club they can one way or another

How can you not see they are not here to run a nice little football club, they are here to make a profit. At some stage they will walk and take what they can with them, unless they can get us back to the PL in reasonable timescales.

You remember the gambler - know when to walk

I think if you talk to any serious business you will find such contingency planning is very real and most prudent.

At the end of the day they are all about making a profit and if that is not possible limit their losses.

It is the method by which they may seek to achieve the latter that should concern us most
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 17:43 - Feb 1 with 1424 viewsjasper_T

A Swansea City spokesman said: "The claims from his agent are completely incorrect, and we are extremely disappointed with these comments."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47069029
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 1383 viewsOldjack

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 16:09 - Feb 1 by Badlands

The2nd commented -
The club have a 70m black hole to fill over the next two seasons and that should be a worry to everyone.
I perhaps should have made it clearer - I thought that figure was the withdrawal of parachute payments over two years plus existing depts.

where do you get this 70mill black hole from ,did you just make it up ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:05 - Feb 1 with 1376 viewsgiantstoneater

Does anyone come out of this farce with any credit?
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:08 - Feb 1 with 1371 viewsestrellablanca72

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 17:43 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

A Swansea City spokesman said: "The claims from his agent are completely incorrect, and we are extremely disappointed with these comments."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47069029

Leeds fan here. No one knows what actually went on and no one actually knows if Dan wanted to leave or not. Ive heard 2 stories, one from the Swans fans saying his team mates had come out and said he wanted to stay, this is not really the horses mouth is it? The other story is that Dan asked to speak to Leeds when we came knocking on the door. The person I feel sorry for is Dan himself as he is now a position where the Swansea fans are divided on how things have gone on especially if the latter is true.His agent has also added fuel to the fire.
Personally from what i've seen of Dan he looks decent with decent pace but one player is not going to be the difference between promotion or not. No one else was in for him so im unsure his origianlly price tag was worth it anyway only I suppose what he was worth to your club. . Let's be fair there was hardly a bidding war between Leeds and anyone else.
Leeds have players now returning as we have been running on a thin squad for ages so although i'm not saying he wouldn't have been a welcomed addition, it's not the end of the world.
As for the communication breakdown, again there has been two stories on this so i'm not going to automatically side with our owner because no one knows the true story.

I hope this doesn't affect the player, he's still young and he just needs to get his head down and play.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:20 - Feb 1 with 1338 viewsmonmouth

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:08 - Feb 1 by estrellablanca72

Leeds fan here. No one knows what actually went on and no one actually knows if Dan wanted to leave or not. Ive heard 2 stories, one from the Swans fans saying his team mates had come out and said he wanted to stay, this is not really the horses mouth is it? The other story is that Dan asked to speak to Leeds when we came knocking on the door. The person I feel sorry for is Dan himself as he is now a position where the Swansea fans are divided on how things have gone on especially if the latter is true.His agent has also added fuel to the fire.
Personally from what i've seen of Dan he looks decent with decent pace but one player is not going to be the difference between promotion or not. No one else was in for him so im unsure his origianlly price tag was worth it anyway only I suppose what he was worth to your club. . Let's be fair there was hardly a bidding war between Leeds and anyone else.
Leeds have players now returning as we have been running on a thin squad for ages so although i'm not saying he wouldn't have been a welcomed addition, it's not the end of the world.
As for the communication breakdown, again there has been two stories on this so i'm not going to automatically side with our owner because no one knows the true story.

I hope this doesn't affect the player, he's still young and he just needs to get his head down and play.

The Swans fans will be 100% full square behind Dan james unless he is very silly over the next week or two. We all understand the score.

I wouldn't believe a single word that comes out of our club on this, or yours.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:21 - Feb 1 with 1332 viewslonglostjack

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:01 - Feb 1 by Oldjack

where do you get this 70mill black hole from ,did you just make it up ?

Is it a black hole or lost revenue? Big difference.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:25 - Feb 1 with 1321 viewsjasper_T

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:21 - Feb 1 by longlostjack

Is it a black hole or lost revenue? Big difference.

Lost revenue becomes a black hole when we were spending up to the hilt in the PL. Highest % wages to turnover in the division.
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:37 - Feb 1 with 1290 viewsgiantstoneater

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 18:08 - Feb 1 by estrellablanca72

We are all behind young Dan and wanted him to stay. Like I said earlier nobody really comes out of this with any sort of credit. Your own club has gone through a period where your board has fed you lies we are going through that now. As fans of our respective clubs we are often powerless to stop these things happening. Dan has only just broken through and has even gained a Wales cap so I doubt if your the only club interested the others are just keeping their cards close to their chests just waiting to see how he develops. As to communications difficulties do any of us believe what the press or agents say?
James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 19:09 - Feb 1 with 1249 viewsLoyal

Couple of things, this bloke representing James isn't an agent, he is an intermediary.
Secondly he has only just started representing players again after being struck off by the football authorities and fined 50k for misconduct.

Make of that what you will.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 20:24 - Feb 1 with 1154 views_

James Agent Speaks - Sums us up on 17:31 - Feb 1 by chad

So called exit strategy?

You think experienced investors such of these with profitability and future expansion plans based on staying in / returning to the PL are
A. Too dim to see the potential major pitfalls in their cunning plan
B. Not experienced enough to put in from the outset at least a broadly based exit strategy
You do them an injustice

This is not about them getting back the tens of millions that they lined the sellouts pockets with but about cutting their losses by clawing everything out of the club they can one way or another

How can you not see they are not here to run a nice little football club, they are here to make a profit. At some stage they will walk and take what they can with them, unless they can get us back to the PL in reasonable timescales.

You remember the gambler - know when to walk

I think if you talk to any serious business you will find such contingency planning is very real and most prudent.

At the end of the day they are all about making a profit and if that is not possible limit their losses.

It is the method by which they may seek to achieve the latter that should concern us most

You talk a lot of nonsense I'm sorry.

Where do you think they're going to get a profit from with dwindling revenue and high salaries

All selling Dan would've done is kept us going longer, not provide them with any exit planning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024