Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. 12:00 - Mar 8 with 4405 viewsLohengrin

My eldest is due home later today for the weekend. I’ve just been up the loft and brought down a box to show her, she hasn’t seen the contents in years, her Great-Great Grandmother’s tricolour white - green - purple Suffragette sash and the toffee hammer broach inscribed ‘Deeds not Words’ that fastens it.

I would imagine you would have got on with her like a house on fire. My eldest too who must have inherited her feistiness. Just think, all three of you could have had a stick each and whacked me over the head with it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 22:17 - Mar 8 with 945 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:39 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

I think it’s quite funny as it happens.

Wonderful to have a suffragette sash still around though. Hopefully your daughter will one day be able to pass it on to her own granddaughter or great granddaughter in permanent memory of those that stood up for what is right.

Aye, democracy’s a fine thing at the moment. The way the Mrs May bought the DUP with a billion pounds is exactly what Miss Pankhurst had in mind when she laid down her life . A shocking betrayal of a fine ideal.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 22:53 - Mar 8 with 913 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:17 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Good point.

You only have to look at Cameron, or Grayling, or Mogg, Johnson, Farage, McDonnell, Gove, Hunt, Liam Fox to see how much better the men are. Oh, and Gavin Williamson, or Matt Hancock.

As it happens, like her or loathe her, and there’s every reason for it to be the latter, there would have been few PMs in the past century that I would feel safer with in charge, if we’d been at war with Russia, than Maggie.

All those men other than Grayling are far better than the 3 Conservative MP’s.

I won’t even mention about the utter pathetic women that are in Labour Party

As for Grayling

I’m glad you mentioned him. As it strengthens my argument that women are so bloody useless, in that Theresa May should have sacked him a along time ago

I could write a list as long as my arm about useless women in public life. Starting at the top of the list with the last Director of Prosecution

At least David Cameron gave the country the chance to get out of this corrupt EU

Since you have been elected to the Trust. It doesn’t look you have pulled up any stones to push the Trust forward and make to make it any better

Perhaps I should add you to the list, as what I see you are another that’s all talk but doesn’t get much done
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 22:58 - Mar 8 with 913 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:03 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Too bloody true

And most of it is this buisness of giving women more of a say

It’s bad enough to have the likes of Theresa May as the Prime Minister. Who will go down as the worst Prime Minister in histoery

Then the likes of Amber Rudd, Karen Bradley and Andrea Leadsom

I would hate to think of the mess if all of the present cabinet was made up of women

Just imagine a woman being the leader of the country if we were at war with say Russia

To think of women in the Labour Party running the country

That’s even to dangerous to even think of

Women are good talkers, but usually don’t get anything done

What about the pots, then there is that populating the earth thing
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:07 - Mar 8 with 895 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 22:53 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

All those men other than Grayling are far better than the 3 Conservative MP’s.

I won’t even mention about the utter pathetic women that are in Labour Party

As for Grayling

I’m glad you mentioned him. As it strengthens my argument that women are so bloody useless, in that Theresa May should have sacked him a along time ago

I could write a list as long as my arm about useless women in public life. Starting at the top of the list with the last Director of Prosecution

At least David Cameron gave the country the chance to get out of this corrupt EU

Since you have been elected to the Trust. It doesn’t look you have pulled up any stones to push the Trust forward and make to make it any better

Perhaps I should add you to the list, as what I see you are another that’s all talk but doesn’t get much done

Lol.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:24 - Mar 8 with 882 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:47 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

But women endure some horrors simply for being women. The reverse is rarely true.

I suppose there is the small horror of fighting wars, that primarily has been borne by men over millennia

Or the horror of having their children taken away from them on relationship breakup

Or thinking it is not ok to cry

Plus all that standing up to wee ...
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:24 - Mar 8 with 882 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:46 - Mar 8 by Highjack

So my comment was entirely fair but you attack me anyway?

You’ll have to point out where I attacked you.

I just referenced your outrage at there being a ‘stupid’ International Women’s Day.

I look forward to you saying a similar thing on November 19th.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:30 - Mar 8 with 875 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 22:17 - Mar 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Aye, democracy’s a fine thing at the moment. The way the Mrs May bought the DUP with a billion pounds is exactly what Miss Pankhurst had in mind when she laid down her life . A shocking betrayal of a fine ideal.

Emily Davison died under the King’s Horse not Mrs Pankhurst.

Theresa May being useless isn’t a betrayal of an ideal. Any more than any number of useless male politicians are a betrayal of an ideal.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:31 - Mar 8 with 873 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:24 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

You’ll have to point out where I attacked you.

I just referenced your outrage at there being a ‘stupid’ International Women’s Day.

I look forward to you saying a similar thing on November 19th.

Is there a schrodigender day - as I think this may be more interest to HJ if I correctly remember previous comments
Login to get fewer ads

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:31 - Mar 8 with 872 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:03 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Too bloody true

And most of it is this buisness of giving women more of a say

It’s bad enough to have the likes of Theresa May as the Prime Minister. Who will go down as the worst Prime Minister in histoery

Then the likes of Amber Rudd, Karen Bradley and Andrea Leadsom

I would hate to think of the mess if all of the present cabinet was made up of women

Just imagine a woman being the leader of the country if we were at war with say Russia

To think of women in the Labour Party running the country

That’s even to dangerous to even think of

Ladies and gentlemen, this proves exactly why days like International Women’s Day exist and need to exist.

For Valleyboy, check the size of your willy on 19 November. It’s probably smaller than you think.

Poll: Tory leader

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:36 - Mar 8 with 866 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:24 - Mar 8 by chad

I suppose there is the small horror of fighting wars, that primarily has been borne by men over millennia

Or the horror of having their children taken away from them on relationship breakup

Or thinking it is not ok to cry

Plus all that standing up to wee ...

Yeah thinking it’s not ok to cry is definitely equivalent to lack of basic human rights, rape, FGM, forced marriage, being banned from any education, inability to vote, etc etc etc.

Shame.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:42 - Mar 8 with 852 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:30 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Emily Davison died under the King’s Horse not Mrs Pankhurst.

Theresa May being useless isn’t a betrayal of an ideal. Any more than any number of useless male politicians are a betrayal of an ideal.

How come that you think that male politicians are a betrayal of an ideal then
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:44 - Mar 8 with 851 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:31 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

Ladies and gentlemen, this proves exactly why days like International Women’s Day exist and need to exist.

For Valleyboy, check the size of your willy on 19 November. It’s probably smaller than you think.

Yes but might it not be a bit patronising to think women cannot handle the likes of VB without having a day for it
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:44 - Mar 8 with 850 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:42 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

How come that you think that male politicians are a betrayal of an ideal then

Comprehension. Listen at school kids.

Poll: Tory leader

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:49 - Mar 8 with 841 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:44 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

Comprehension. Listen at school kids.

What idiot would ask another person to look at his old boy

Not a transgender are you
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:49 - Mar 8 with 843 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:44 - Mar 8 by chad

Yes but might it not be a bit patronising to think women cannot handle the likes of VB without having a day for it

Unfortunately Spratty, there are many, many countries in the world where people who have ridiculous beliefs like valley boy can actually make laws which stop women being able to do anything at all about it. And if they attempted to, they would be tortured or killed.

That’s why it exists. It’s an international day of awareness.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:52 - Mar 8 with 840 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:36 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Yeah thinking it’s not ok to cry is definitely equivalent to lack of basic human rights, rape, FGM, forced marriage, being banned from any education, inability to vote, etc etc etc.

Shame.

Sorry L I did not realise I had to use the tongue in cheek emoji for the last couple of options

You conveniently omit war and the absolute horror of having your children taken away (which women also suffer)

Some of the things you mention also apply to men and yes I am very aware of those things perhaps more aware than you.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:56 - Mar 8 with 833 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:49 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Unfortunately Spratty, there are many, many countries in the world where people who have ridiculous beliefs like valley boy can actually make laws which stop women being able to do anything at all about it. And if they attempted to, they would be tortured or killed.

Like leaving women join the SAS

How bloody dull can that be
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:00 - Mar 9 with 835 viewschad

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:49 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

I would have thought most people would already be aware of such things, perhaps an international day of action might be more effective. Old Emmerline may have been just a bolshy manc, but she got things done
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:01 - Mar 9 with 831 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 23:52 - Mar 8 by chad

Sorry L I did not realise I had to use the tongue in cheek emoji for the last couple of options

You conveniently omit war and the absolute horror of having your children taken away (which women also suffer)

Some of the things you mention also apply to men and yes I am very aware of those things perhaps more aware than you.

War and the impact of war isn’t something which exclusively affects men.

Having children taken away isn’t something which exclusively affects men.

Again, it’s international - what happens or doesn’t happen, or used to happen in the UK is not the only relevant bit.

Same as on November 19th, the day raises awareness of issues that particularly (not exclusively) affect men. Such as suicide, mental health problems, certain illnesses etc etc.

But I’d struggle to name a single country where women can vote and not men. Women can drive and not men. Women can be educated and not men. Women can make laws but not men. Men are forced into marriage more than women. Men suffer horrific medical atrocities to make themselves more ‘attractive for marriage’ for the women. Etc etc. I look forward to reading your list.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:26 - Mar 9 with 808 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:01 - Mar 9 by londonlisa2001

Again, it’s international - what happens or doesn’t happen, or used to happen in the UK is not the only relevant bit.

Same as on November 19th, the day raises awareness of issues that particularly (not exclusively) affect men. Such as suicide, mental health problems, certain illnesses etc etc.

But I’d struggle to name a single country where women can vote and not men. Women can drive and not men. Women can be educated and not men. Women can make laws but not men. Men are forced into marriage more than women. Men suffer horrific medical atrocities to make themselves more ‘attractive for marriage’ for the women. Etc etc. I look forward to reading your list.

It’s sometimes nothing to do with men forcing women into horrific medical atrocities

They do it themselves

Who said that war exculusivky effect men, but they are the ones that have to go and fight in the wars

Look at numbers killed in war to see if there were more women killed than men

More to the point you would be surprised how many women think the way I think

I simply believe to get the right person to get the job done and not just to equal up the numbers

If a man is not any good in doing the job he is supposed to be doing, then get rid of him

Look for instance at Alison Saunders the previous director of the DPP

Look at the cases that were dropped because she was bloody useless. But she was left there for 5 years

You mentioned Boris Johnson in one of your postings

I wonder would Londers prefer to have him back these dsys
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:30 - Mar 9 with 800 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:01 - Mar 9 by londonlisa2001

By the way

You write about horrific medical atrocities to women FMG in particular

More often than not it’s women themselves that inflict these horrific injuries to eomen
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:49 - Mar 9 with 790 viewsThe_E20

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:47 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

But women endure some horrors simply for being women. The reverse is rarely true.

Men face horrendous issues that are now largely ignored. I would say in a Western society women have it much better than men. I am fully behind international women’s day if it is a day to celebrate equality and women in general while standing in solidarity with their issues... but without tearing men down in the process. It quickly becomes about that, preferential treatment and the notion that the female gender is the only affected by issues - which then makes it counter productive.

Just some 60 second google search stats so forgive me for not knowing what regions these apply in but:-

76% of suicide victims are male
Men’s lives on average are 5% shorter than females
85% of homeless people are male
70% of murders are against men
40% of domestic abuse is against men
On average men serve 64% longer prison sentences than women
Men are on average 340% more likely to be imprisoned when commited the same crime as a woman.
According to UCAS, around 25% more women make it to University education than males.

Men also face horrendous societal pressures and this isn’t even touching upon the preference to not give custody to a male if all things are equal, it’s actually quite a shocking stat that women would never stand for if roles were reversed - quite rightly. Women in a western society have it very very good indeed probably on par with Asian’s in this society. When we talk about parts of Asia and the Middle East however, I’m in full agreement, the treatment of some women is horrifically medieval.

But I don’t think that is what this day tends to be about, and as a result I think people often lose sight of the issues our men face daily. IWD in my experience tends to get hijacked by western third wave feminists and used as a tool to further their own divisive and destructive ideologies. It should be a day to stand shoulder to shoulder with international women who face severe oppression while celebrating the fact women in the western world have it incredibly good... but it isn’t.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 8:57]
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 08:14 - Mar 9 with 719 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 00:49 - Mar 9 by The_E20

Men face horrendous issues that are now largely ignored. I would say in a Western society women have it much better than men. I am fully behind international women’s day if it is a day to celebrate equality and women in general while standing in solidarity with their issues... but without tearing men down in the process. It quickly becomes about that, preferential treatment and the notion that the female gender is the only affected by issues - which then makes it counter productive.

Just some 60 second google search stats so forgive me for not knowing what regions these apply in but:-

76% of suicide victims are male
Men’s lives on average are 5% shorter than females
85% of homeless people are male
70% of murders are against men
40% of domestic abuse is against men
On average men serve 64% longer prison sentences than women
Men are on average 340% more likely to be imprisoned when commited the same crime as a woman.
According to UCAS, around 25% more women make it to University education than males.

Men also face horrendous societal pressures and this isn’t even touching upon the preference to not give custody to a male if all things are equal, it’s actually quite a shocking stat that women would never stand for if roles were reversed - quite rightly. Women in a western society have it very very good indeed probably on par with Asian’s in this society. When we talk about parts of Asia and the Middle East however, I’m in full agreement, the treatment of some women is horrifically medieval.

But I don’t think that is what this day tends to be about, and as a result I think people often lose sight of the issues our men face daily. IWD in my experience tends to get hijacked by western third wave feminists and used as a tool to further their own divisive and destructive ideologies. It should be a day to stand shoulder to shoulder with international women who face severe oppression while celebrating the fact women in the western world have it incredibly good... but it isn’t.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 8:57]

”Men’s lives on average are 5% shorter than females.”

Is that a worldwide statistic? It’s my, and probably most everybody in Wales’, experience that women invariably outlive men. Don’t you find that to be the case within your own extended family and that of your neighbours?

As I was growing up that may well have been the combined legacy of two wars and heavy industry and that picture may well be changing but 5% does seem a very, very low differential as I look around.

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 08:21 - Mar 9 with 710 viewsThe_E20

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 08:14 - Mar 9 by Lohengrin

”Men’s lives on average are 5% shorter than females.”

Is that a worldwide statistic? It’s my, and probably most everybody in Wales’, experience that women invariably outlive men. Don’t you find that to be the case within your own extended family and that of your neighbours?

As I was growing up that may well have been the combined legacy of two wars and heavy industry and that picture may well be changing but 5% does seem a very, very low differential as I look around.

I don’t know, just a quick google to show the obvious issues men face and are largely ignored.

I think I read in a seperate statistic that it was 4-5 years difference, which would tie in somewhat with the 5%.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 08:26 - Mar 9 with 712 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 08:21 - Mar 9 by The_E20

I don’t know, just a quick google to show the obvious issues men face and are largely ignored.

I think I read in a seperate statistic that it was 4-5 years difference, which would tie in somewhat with the 5%.

Fair enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024