Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corner / Set Piece Analysis 15:03 - Apr 5 with 1718 viewsComeonyouSwans

After conceding 5 goals from indirect set pieces in 2 games against West Brom and Nottingham Forest, I did an in-depth analysis of set pieces, mainly corners looking at our success in the past with Clement's zonal system following our failures under Francesco Guidolin with man-marking.

Part 1:
https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/corners-analysis-part-1-the-numbers-and-data

Part 2:
https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/corner-analysis-part-2-zonal-vs-man-marking- ;

Some of the stats include goals and shots from corners and how we compare with our opposition.

Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 15:27 - Apr 5 with 1682 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Interesting comments about goal keepers "commanding the box", also about Stuart Reid's improving other clubs.
All Clubs should be prepared to try using someone with proven ability to improve our team's performance.
Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 13:21 - Apr 6 with 1464 viewsjackrmee

Actually very interesting. We seem to be defending/clearing corners better than other teams are defending ours (slightly). Yet the opposition are scoring twice as much as the average. Why could that be? Poor goalkeeper? Bad luck?
Get Stuart Reid in.

ps. always appreciate vital swansea...is that you?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 13:32 - Apr 6 with 1448 viewsLeonWasGod

“analysis shows that, at best, only 2-4% of corners actually result in a corner.”

Some quantum parellel universe sh*t going on there then

I thought we’d sorted this problem after a bad start. At the start of the season we were vulnerable at the back stick, but sorted that pretty quickly. Bit annoying we’ve conceded a few in quick succession now though.
Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 13:53 - Apr 6 with 1435 viewsLeonWasGod

That second part is one of the most interesting things I’ve read about us in a long time. Top work, thank you.
Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 00:35 - Apr 7 with 1326 viewsComeonyouSwans

Corner / Set Piece Analysis on 13:32 - Apr 6 by LeonWasGod

“analysis shows that, at best, only 2-4% of corners actually result in a corner.”

Some quantum parellel universe sh*t going on there then

I thought we’d sorted this problem after a bad start. At the start of the season we were vulnerable at the back stick, but sorted that pretty quickly. Bit annoying we’ve conceded a few in quick succession now though.

yes, its Vitalswansea. Glad you appreciate the analysis.

Thanks for pointing out the typo, have fixed!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024