Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micky Mellon 16:55 - May 27 with 20114 viewsN_T_J

Even money now!!
Micky Mellon on 17:29 - May 28 with 2604 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 17:09 - May 28 by jackrmee

Robbo seems to approve...
"He [Mellon] gets the best out of what he has to work with," Robinson told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast.

"If it was to be Swansea City, the identity of the club, the Swansea way - the way we play - he wouldn't come away from that because that's his philosophy anyway.

"But he's adaptable as well, he's a good guy in football and he knows what it takes to win a football game."

As a footballer, and with some knowledge of mellon, Robbo's views on him sound good.

He has mentioned how motivational he is: an 'infectious guy, gets the best out of what he has to work with, he would play the Swansea way and that is his philosophy, he's adaptable, and knows what it takes to win.

He also thinks that if we don't get him he will have other offers.

This quote from Mellon is interesting, he says that “The gap between the football you want to play and the football you can play will be measured in results,” he insists. “If we are able to play the football I want to play and get results, then that’s what we’ll do. Ultimately, though, I’ll do what I have to do to get results.”

This definitely sounds like he is saying that he would prefer to play a more passing style of play, but to get a result he will adapt to the situation.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 17:30 - May 28 with 2592 viewsPentyrchJack

Could be some truth in such short odds as the Club Shop at Liberty has started selling these (ideal for away games):

[Post edited 28 May 2019 17:31]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Micky Mellon on 17:36 - May 28 with 2571 viewslondonlisa2001

Micky Mellon on 17:30 - May 28 by PentyrchJack

Could be some truth in such short odds as the Club Shop at Liberty has started selling these (ideal for away games):

[Post edited 28 May 2019 17:31]

Have they? How much does he cost?
Micky Mellon on 17:53 - May 28 with 2508 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 17:25 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I think you’re missing the point I’m making.

If someone has studied psychology and behaviour, leadership etc extensively and talks about a work of fiction in that context, fine. If someone holds it up as the first example of their ‘study’ , it makes them sound like a moron.

It’s an excellent book. An even better film (first two anyway). Not the point.

I see what you mean ha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Micky Mellon on 17:54 - May 28 with 2505 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 17:29 - May 28 by Swanseaman

As a footballer, and with some knowledge of mellon, Robbo's views on him sound good.

He has mentioned how motivational he is: an 'infectious guy, gets the best out of what he has to work with, he would play the Swansea way and that is his philosophy, he's adaptable, and knows what it takes to win.

He also thinks that if we don't get him he will have other offers.

This quote from Mellon is interesting, he says that “The gap between the football you want to play and the football you can play will be measured in results,” he insists. “If we are able to play the football I want to play and get results, then that’s what we’ll do. Ultimately, though, I’ll do what I have to do to get results.”

This definitely sounds like he is saying that he would prefer to play a more passing style of play, but to get a result he will adapt to the situation.

I agree.
Defo sounds like his preferred style is what we want down here, and he'd have the players that can do it, assuming we can hold on to the fukers

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Micky Mellon on 18:03 - May 28 with 2441 viewsPentyrchJack

Micky Mellon on 17:36 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Have they? How much does he cost?

Sorry Lisa, I’m not for sale!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Micky Mellon on 18:05 - May 28 with 2438 viewsSwanseaman

some tweets:

FC Tranmere
Replying to @swanseabeat
He’s staying here ‏

@crbritchie
Replying to @smithyTRFC @ConnorTWilson @SkyBet
I asked him on Saturday if he was going to take the Kilmarnock job; his response was "why the fck would I want that, I'm here and I love Tranmere"- he certainly won't go to Swansea
‏
@gazzington78
No loyalty in football lads. Trust me. If swans want him in the championship he'll be gone

@theonejoeyd
He's god in these parts now. He's quite flexible but he will always find a system that suits the players at his disposal.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 18:07 - May 28 with 2421 views34dfgdf54

According to Tranmere fans he’s on the lash with the players in Magaluf celebrating their promotion. Can’t fault him.
Login to get fewer ads

Micky Mellon on 18:10 - May 28 with 2410 viewsHeadmaster

Micky Mellon on 18:05 - May 28 by Swanseaman

some tweets:

FC Tranmere
Replying to @swanseabeat
He’s staying here ‏

@crbritchie
Replying to @smithyTRFC @ConnorTWilson @SkyBet
I asked him on Saturday if he was going to take the Kilmarnock job; his response was "why the fck would I want that, I'm here and I love Tranmere"- he certainly won't go to Swansea
‏
@gazzington78
No loyalty in football lads. Trust me. If swans want him in the championship he'll be gone

@theonejoeyd
He's god in these parts now. He's quite flexible but he will always find a system that suits the players at his disposal.

Aye, here's another one

A resounding 'no' from me.
Micky Mellon on 18:11 - May 28 with 2403 viewslondonlisa2001

Micky Mellon on 18:03 - May 28 by PentyrchJack

Sorry Lisa, I’m not for sale!

Lol.

Well modelled though :-)
Micky Mellon on 18:11 - May 28 with 2395 viewstheloneranger

Micky Mellon on 13:38 - May 28 by Swanseaman

I can't be sure if he would be good for us or sht. I can say that with the Swans promotion to the 1st, if you check at 4 minutes odd, Toshack says about people asking the same question, can he cope in a higher division.

So could Mellon cope with going up 2 leagues higher? His record shows he may have what it takes, he is adaptable and can change the style of play during the game.

People forget that Tosh was only 28 when he came to the Swans for his first manager's job, there were players in the dressing room older than him!!

Great interview with Shankley in that video 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Micky Mellon on 18:52 - May 28 with 2283 viewsSwanseaman

I watched a video earlier on today called 'Behind The Scenes | Promotion Final at Wembley'

at 11:45 there are a few shots of Mellon, then the goal and celebrations, and him being knocked over by a player.

But throughout the video, I kept thinking why are there no shots of Mellon Behind The Scenes, he's hardly in the video, I kept thinking that he must be keeping away from the camera.

Now I've checked the Tranmere Rovers Supporters Association, and some of them have mentioned that he wasn't celebrating as much as they thought he would and they think he may already have known he was leaving: that kind of makes sense to me - I've lumped on a few quid anyway just in case.

Tranmere Rovers Supporters Association
Micky Mellon: Tranmere boss fits bill as next Swansea manager says Andy Robinson

4h
Phil Mylett
Mellon himself has said its bullshit

· 4h
Phil Butters
Micky told me yesterday it was bullshit...they were his exact words

· 4h
David Simpson
David Simpson Swansea’s managerial job is like a revolving door. How many managers have they had in the last few seasons? Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, goudino (spelling) Bradley, laudrup, potter and Clements. Why leave a good thing to have possibly six months at a trigger happy club like that?

· 4h
Bernard Grannon
Just cos he "fits the bill" doesn't mean he wants it

· 4h
Jonny Bongo Murphy
Pss off ya welsh fckers

· 4h
Adam Ford
we know exactly where he's been - with the players and fans, in no fit state to have any interviews!

· 3h
Mike Toomey
Success brings people knocking on our door. It all comes down to whether Micky thinks he can take our club no further. That will come down to who stays and kitty available to buy and replace players.

· 2h
Steven Krug
Not a chance his job not finished at S. W. A

====

Micky Mellon is fav for Swansea job with skybet, hope load of shite.

· 1d
Tom Davies
as long as they pay us to get him out of the 2 year contract he has, then happy days

· 1d
Kieran Mccormick
Not really, would be a disaster if mellon leaves, hoping its a load of shte.

· 1d
Phil Butters
Phil Butters Might already have been lined up a while ago....notice no fist pumps to crowd and yesterday when we scored and when we won there was no wild celebrations from him like last year..??? Mmmmmm

· 1d
Phil Butters
Also stayed in background when players were lifting trophy

· 1d
Anderson Mcewan
i thought that good luck to him )

· 1d
Phil Butters
it’s all about the money mate....just hoping it’s a load of shte

· 1d
Brian Brindley
why go to a small place like swansea, and get sack in a few months ok good wages and higher league, but he got a job here he got a big club with his help fans who love him, a great squad of players,who worked hard for him great owners, and a club he played for, and soon be where swansea is soon,

· 1d
Keith Banks
Look we are attracting attention from all over the league now. Individuals will be on shopping lists and some will go. The thing is that we have momentum and that is what we need to protect. I don't think we will see Mickey or Norwood going, far from it. We will be attracting people to us, wanting a piece of this phenomenon that is....Tranmere Rovers!

· 1d · Edited
Bernard Grannon
I'd be amazed if Mellon went anywhere

· 1d
David Tooley
He had better not. That would be a disaster. I think Micky might need some support for next season though. For coaching as well as for midfield.

· 1d
Scott Hayes
Mickeys not going anywhere, he’s got super white blood!!!

· 1d
Phil Butters
Just been with him...he said it’s bollocks haha

1d
David Southall
He's not high profile enough for them. They'll get a foreign guy

· 23h
Lee Atkinson
Mellon wont leave Tranmere won promotion 2 years on the run why would he move?

Micky Mellon on 19:04 - May 28 with 2245 viewsjacktar_

Micky Mellon on 18:10 - May 27 by Jango

Rodgers took swans up via playoffs and 2 years later he was managing Liverpool. You can only go with the players you’ve got. He’s taken them up 2 years in a row if I’m not mistaken.

Exactly.
Micky Mellon on 20:15 - May 28 with 2076 viewstrinityann

Please give me a Spanish name link in the next few days, i will feel much better. A 47 year old sixth in league two does not inspire me at all. I would rather gamble on a good name like Gerrard/ Lampard with no experience
Micky Mellon on 20:22 - May 28 with 2058 viewsAl_Bundy

"why go to a small club like Swansea"

And stay at big club like Tranmere !?!

Fck me they were playing park football two seasons ago.
Micky Mellon on 20:45 - May 28 with 1984 viewssainthelens

Micky Mellon on 20:22 - May 28 by Al_Bundy

Innit
And according to Keith Banks, Tranmere are a phenomenon....FFS
Micky Mellon on 21:04 - May 28 with 1916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Micky Mellon on 20:22 - May 28 by Al_Bundy

I think we may have been saying the same about us when Roberto left. But I don’t understand how they think we’re so small after a cup win, European football and 7 straight seasons in the top flight

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Micky Mellon on 21:46 - May 28 with 1775 viewsJacket

Easy to mock, but I bet some would be having a boner if he'd done what he's done in some shite Scandinavian League.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024