Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... 14:02 - Jun 8 with 3636 viewsThrasher6

Here...Come onnn!!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 14:05]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 15:57 - Jun 8 with 1339 viewsjasper_T

Filthy team.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 15:58 - Jun 8 with 1336 viewstheloneranger

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 15:51 - Jun 8 by PozuelosSideys

This lot were there for the taking. Poor at the back with a dodgy keeper. Chance missed.

We've had enough chances to win this game, even though we've been overrun in midfield.

How the fvck Croatia have kept 11 players on the pitch, only the ref knows

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 15:59 - Jun 8 with 1316 viewsSgorioFruit

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 15:51 - Jun 8 by trinityann

Ampadu has also made a difference. Smith and Vaulks are two mid championship players.

Agreed
Play the youngsters

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:00 - Jun 8 with 1286 viewsDippy

Giggs made the wrong midfield choices.. Ampadu and Brooks made it competitive

Poll: Cooper Out

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:05 - Jun 8 with 1249 viewsBrynCartwright

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:00 - Jun 8 by Dippy

Absolutely agree. Should have started with Brooks and Ampadu, and Wilson was absolutely gash. He had had a dismal downturn in form. He can tell just by looking at him that he is not enjoying his football at the moment. We should have at least drawn that game.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:10 - Jun 8 with 1224 viewsjasper_T

Mepham had a decent game but his lack of pace was always a worry. Lawrence dallied on the ball a lot, perhaps by necessity with no one getting a sure foot on the ball in midfield.

Get Joe in the side, mun.

No shame in Connor getting ripped apart by Perisic. Not many of his calibre in world football.

Smith struggled. Vaulks isn't good enough and never has been, should have been clear from the Trinidad game. Shape and approach was wrong, but the conditions were hard (literally) and they're a top side on their day.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:15 - Jun 8 with 1198 viewsbryanwadesquiff

I'd have taken 2-1 out there to Croatia even though after watching the game they are not a World Cup Final team anymore.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:20 - Jun 8 with 1168 viewsbryanwadesquiff

Ampadu is some player though....
Login to get fewer ads

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:26 - Jun 8 with 1135 viewshuwrichards57

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:15 - Jun 8 by bryanwadesquiff

I'd have taken 2-1 out there to Croatia even though after watching the game they are not a World Cup Final team anymore.

They probably weren't at the time they just got that lucky route to the Semis along with England.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:28 - Jun 8 with 1126 viewsJonathans_coat

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 16:00 - Jun 8 by Dippy

Midfield was too lightweight without Ampadu.

Brooks creates space for others with his trickery committing defenders. Should have started if possible.

Bale gave poor Roberts no assistance whatsoever with Perisic, who is Croatia’s most dangerous player.

Back line needed an experienced head in there as a “leader”. Mepham and Lawrence are good players but did not look confident under pressure.

Can’t be too upset with the result as Croatia are a quality side, and we weren’t awful. But, we could have got a point out of that if we had a better set up and approach to the game.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 16:29]
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 17:07 - Jun 8 with 1016 viewsmajorraglan

Very disappointed with that. We weren’t in the game for long periods of time and were overrun in midfield. When we had the ball we gave it away too cheaply. Lots of players had very poor games today. That said, we could have had a draw at the end, much better intensity and movement and we created a couple of chances. With a bit more luck and effort we could have had a draw.

Hungary next, we need to pick up points and Giggs needs to get his team selection right.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 17:28 - Jun 8 with 967 viewsoldcob

No shape, no pattern. Giggs must take blame for that. Defence was like a dogs hind leg. Very little composure with some players, who must accept blame for that themselves. I think we'll do Hungary though.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 17:56 - Jun 8 with 893 viewsgiantstoneater

We didn't play well and had problems in midfield and defence Wilson was a passenger and looked like a little boy out there and besides a long throw you have to wonder what Vaulkes brings to the side, Smith is young and will learn, as somebody has already stated.Bale is a shadow of his former self. Perhaps we should have played with 3 centrebacks. As soon as Brooks and Ampadu came on the quality of the passing and movement improved and we almost forced a draw. One good point is that we kept ourselves in touching distance even though we were poor. Giggs needs to re-assess his thinking on Vaulkes and Lawrence 2 players he has brought in to the set up Rodon is better than Lawrence and should not be held back by him.
Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 18:00 - Jun 8 with 884 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Playing in the afternoon in the middle of summer out there helped
🤦‍♂️

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 18:24 - Jun 8 with 834 viewsBadlands

Shocking first half
More than enough chances to win.
No point trying to play the ball out from the back with CBs who can't pass.
Bale had another poor game.
Swans and exSwans did OK but James is still more effective for me as an impact sub.
Ampadu did well but has barely played this year so I suppose a start was never on the cards.
Hennessy is a liability.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 19:16 - Jun 8 with 760 viewsBrynCartwright

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 18:24 - Jun 8 by Badlands

Shocking first half
More than enough chances to win.
No point trying to play the ball out from the back with CBs who can't pass.
Bale had another poor game.
Swans and exSwans did OK but James is still more effective for me as an impact sub.
Ampadu did well but has barely played this year so I suppose a start was never on the cards.
Hennessy is a liability.

Agree with a lot of that, especially this modern trend of playing out from the back ALL of the time, but Hennessy made a couple of very good saves.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Croatia v Wayuls thread.... on 20:20 - Jun 8 with 655 viewsploppy

Reminded me of many Swans performances away on a dry, bobbly, slow pitch. Missed Ramsey in midfield. Bale mostly awful again. I couldn't believe Hennessey didn't come for the ball that lead to the first goal. A comedy of errors for the second - and Connor could have stayed on his feet and maybe stopped the subsequent shot. Overall not a bad performance from a very young team, but a missed opportunity because Croatia were poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024