Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tummer, WTF! 02:35 - Aug 4 with 10128 viewsDJack

A terrible day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49221936

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer, WTF! on 18:47 - Aug 4 with 1893 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 18:43 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

I wasn't comparing.

Every time I hear about one of these incidents, I am genuinely relieved beyond explanation, that we don’t really have guns here.
Tummer, WTF! on 18:59 - Aug 4 with 1872 viewsFlashberryjack

Tummer, WTF! on 18:47 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

Every time I hear about one of these incidents, I am genuinely relieved beyond explanation, that we don’t really have guns here.

We do have guns here, thankfully we don't have as many nut cases as the USA has, at the moment.
But I share your sentiments.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tummer, WTF! on 19:08 - Aug 4 with 1858 viewsBanosswan

Tummer, WTF! on 18:59 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

We do have guns here, thankfully we don't have as many nut cases as the USA has, at the moment.

After Hungerford, automatic weapons banned, nothing like since. After Dunblane, handguns banned, nothing like since. Port Arthur massacre in a country which had a similar attitude on guns to America, automatics banned, nothing like since. It would take longer with a fair few bumps in the US, but would still dramatically change things.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tummer, WTF! on 19:08 - Aug 4 with 1858 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 18:59 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

Not really. The public at large has no easy access to guns, and certainly not the types of weapons used in the US. Drug gangs may all have them, but they tend to kill each other, not go into Tesco and shoot at everyone.

I’m sure we have the same number of people who are disturbed. We don’t let them go to the supermarket and buy a machine gun.
Tummer, WTF! on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 1850 viewsFlashberryjack

Tummer, WTF! on 19:08 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

Not really. The public at large has no easy access to guns, and certainly not the types of weapons used in the US. Drug gangs may all have them, but they tend to kill each other, not go into Tesco and shoot at everyone.

I’m sure we have the same number of people who are disturbed. We don’t let them go to the supermarket and buy a machine gun.

"go to the supermarket and buy a machine gun"

That is absolutely crazy

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tummer, WTF! on 19:20 - Aug 4 with 1842 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 19:15 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

"go to the supermarket and buy a machine gun"

That is absolutely crazy

Well of course it is, but have you ever been inside a Walmart? I found it terrifying. There are the aisles for crisps, cereal, drinks and then huge displays of guns.

In my twenties and thirties in particular, I did loads of road trips around the States. Just booking flights and a car and traveling around, staying in small motels, often in small towns, eating in local diners, rough camping, all sorts. I was talking about it this morning and saying I would honestly be afraid to do that now.
Tummer, WTF! on 19:24 - Aug 4 with 1832 viewsexiledclaseboy

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.“

So few words, so many deaths.

Poll: Tory leader

Tummer, WTF! on 19:30 - Aug 4 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 19:24 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.“

So few words, so many deaths.

It’s the problem when people in the 21st century rely on a literal interpretation of a text from hundreds of years ago. Again.
Login to get fewer ads

Tummer, WTF! on 21:03 - Aug 4 with 1783 viewsDarran

Tummer, WTF! on 19:30 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

It’s the problem when people in the 21st century rely on a literal interpretation of a text from hundreds of years ago. Again.

They had cell phones in America hundreds of years ago?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tummer, WTF! on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 1776 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 21:03 - Aug 4 by Darran

They had cell phones in America hundreds of years ago?

Lol.
Tummer, WTF! on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 1716 viewsItchySphincter

Tummer, WTF! on 14:59 - Aug 4 by DJack

Is that a genuine question?

Yes. Read the article - the local mayor or whatever took the opportunity to say people with guns would stop a shooter so why wait? You think you should wait until they’re not killing each other before discussing it?

Justify yourself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tummer, WTF! on 22:53 - Aug 4 with 1707 viewsItchySphincter

Tummer, WTF! on 19:08 - Aug 4 by Banosswan

After Hungerford, automatic weapons banned, nothing like since. After Dunblane, handguns banned, nothing like since. Port Arthur massacre in a country which had a similar attitude on guns to America, automatics banned, nothing like since. It would take longer with a fair few bumps in the US, but would still dramatically change things.

The NRA prop up presidential campaigns, why is that ignored?

No self respecting, self serving politician is going to bite the hand that feeds.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 17:02]

Tummer, WTF! on 01:40 - Aug 5 with 1666 viewsDJack

Tummer, WTF! on 22:49 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Yes. Read the article - the local mayor or whatever took the opportunity to say people with guns would stop a shooter so why wait? You think you should wait until they’re not killing each other before discussing it?

Justify yourself.

I am not quite sure who you think you are, telling me to justify myself. If you can't see what I'm saying then I'm not going to bother conversing with you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer, WTF! on 04:56 - Aug 5 with 1616 viewssioni

Tummer, WTF! on 09:17 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Sh1t, now this morning there's early reports of ANOTHER mass shooting in Ohio.

That said, you need not grieve so much the second time nor offer any hope of improvement for your foreseeable future, but shit it was really inopportune to have a second one so close.

At least, they both provide you with another opportunity to grovel at the feet of your favourite racist and White Supremacy supporter while claiming knowledge of the surviving American people to justify your lack of assistance now and in the future to dead and dying Americans.

Most of the Americans I know and admire would be ashamed of your attempts to manipulate real sad events in order to throw a bone to Trump.
Tummer, WTF! on 05:12 - Aug 5 with 1614 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer, WTF! on 04:56 - Aug 5 by sioni

That said, you need not grieve so much the second time nor offer any hope of improvement for your foreseeable future, but shit it was really inopportune to have a second one so close.

At least, they both provide you with another opportunity to grovel at the feet of your favourite racist and White Supremacy supporter while claiming knowledge of the surviving American people to justify your lack of assistance now and in the future to dead and dying Americans.

Most of the Americans I know and admire would be ashamed of your attempts to manipulate real sad events in order to throw a bone to Trump.

So, I'M the one manipulating sad events to make political points???

1) Please point out where, exactly, I've done that.

2) Did you read back anything from your two previous angry, rambling, political paragraphs before you typed that?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer, WTF! on 05:59 - Aug 5 with 1606 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer, WTF! on 04:56 - Aug 5 by sioni

Ya know, since you're so ashamed of my "attempts to manipulative real sad events;" when honestly, I feel like I've been one of the few posters NOT engaging in that kind of behavior in this thread...I've gone back to check out what I've contributed over the last 36 hours (beyond my name in the subject line, for whatever reason).

As a chronological summary, I:

1) Showed remorse that yet another horrible mass shooting has occurred in my country.

2) Stated how, in relation to my career, I'm worried about this stuff happening at my mall. Even though it's a place with (knock on wood) no serious crime at all beyond the occasional shoplifting at Victoria's Secret or Sunglass Hut, mass shootings like these have nothing to do with how safe an area is; it can happen literally anywhere in the USA. Which is a bad thing, in case I need to clarify further for you.

3) Stated my solid belief that my country needs MUCH better gun control laws; which, even though I know almost nothing about guns, seems obvious to anyone no matter their politics.

4) Stated my pessimism that we are a long way from fixing the problem, simply because the existing supply of guns in the country has always been way out of control, and the pro gun people are beyond reasoning with. Yet reiterating again that better gun control laws still need to happen in any case.

5) Mentioned that one good, significant government reform happened in 2017. Bump stocks were banned, which apparently are used to convert semi automatics into automatics. This gives me some hope that the government isn't completely inflexible.

6) Speculated that, IF anything positive were to happen, the next step may involve reforming the background check process. Baby steps, but we've got to start somewhere.

7) (In response to political vitriol directed at current/past presidents) politely pointed out that Congress, not the president, would need to spearhead any significant, sweeping gun control legislation, as they are the legislative branch of our federal government.

8) Lamented that a 2nd shooting happened in Ohio, without getting into the political motivations of the Ohio shooter, even though others have been sure to point out those of the El Paso shooter.

Gee whiz, you are so correct. So sorry that I'M clearly THE manipulative political opportunist in this thread. Please forgive me, and pretty please don't show my evil doings to any of those Americans you admire.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer, WTF! on 07:25 - Aug 5 with 1559 viewsNeathJack

Tummer, WTF! on 05:59 - Aug 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ya know, since you're so ashamed of my "attempts to manipulative real sad events;" when honestly, I feel like I've been one of the few posters NOT engaging in that kind of behavior in this thread...I've gone back to check out what I've contributed over the last 36 hours (beyond my name in the subject line, for whatever reason).

As a chronological summary, I:

1) Showed remorse that yet another horrible mass shooting has occurred in my country.

2) Stated how, in relation to my career, I'm worried about this stuff happening at my mall. Even though it's a place with (knock on wood) no serious crime at all beyond the occasional shoplifting at Victoria's Secret or Sunglass Hut, mass shootings like these have nothing to do with how safe an area is; it can happen literally anywhere in the USA. Which is a bad thing, in case I need to clarify further for you.

3) Stated my solid belief that my country needs MUCH better gun control laws; which, even though I know almost nothing about guns, seems obvious to anyone no matter their politics.

4) Stated my pessimism that we are a long way from fixing the problem, simply because the existing supply of guns in the country has always been way out of control, and the pro gun people are beyond reasoning with. Yet reiterating again that better gun control laws still need to happen in any case.

5) Mentioned that one good, significant government reform happened in 2017. Bump stocks were banned, which apparently are used to convert semi automatics into automatics. This gives me some hope that the government isn't completely inflexible.

6) Speculated that, IF anything positive were to happen, the next step may involve reforming the background check process. Baby steps, but we've got to start somewhere.

7) (In response to political vitriol directed at current/past presidents) politely pointed out that Congress, not the president, would need to spearhead any significant, sweeping gun control legislation, as they are the legislative branch of our federal government.

8) Lamented that a 2nd shooting happened in Ohio, without getting into the political motivations of the Ohio shooter, even though others have been sure to point out those of the El Paso shooter.

Gee whiz, you are so correct. So sorry that I'M clearly THE manipulative political opportunist in this thread. Please forgive me, and pretty please don't show my evil doings to any of those Americans you admire.

So to sum up, you want much tougher gun control but vote for those who will not bring this legislation forward.

Gotcha.
Tummer, WTF! on 07:34 - Aug 5 with 1551 viewsItchySphincter

Tummer, WTF! on 01:40 - Aug 5 by DJack

I am not quite sure who you think you are, telling me to justify myself. If you can't see what I'm saying then I'm not going to bother conversing with you.

Groo made a point, you told him now was not the time? All I asked was why not, and you asked me if I was serious?

You’re the one asking the questions mate, don’t be surprised if they get answered. Seems like you’re the one on your high horse but can’t back it up.

Not sure who you think you are?

Tummer, WTF! on 08:58 - Aug 5 with 1522 viewsDarran

Tummer, WTF! on 07:34 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

Groo made a point, you told him now was not the time? All I asked was why not, and you asked me if I was serious?

You’re the one asking the questions mate, don’t be surprised if they get answered. Seems like you’re the one on your high horse but can’t back it up.

Not sure who you think you are?

Now is not the tine to put Tummer in he thread title either

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tummer, WTF! on 09:41 - Aug 5 with 1493 viewsHighjack

Tummer, WTF! on 08:58 - Aug 5 by Darran

Now is not the tine to put Tummer in he thread title either

I thought it was Tummer who done it when I saw the title.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tummer, WTF! on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 1438 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer, WTF! on 07:25 - Aug 5 by NeathJack

So to sum up, you want much tougher gun control but vote for those who will not bring this legislation forward.

Gotcha.

No, I didn't vote for Obama, who did literally nothing in 8 years, even though mass shootings hit all time record numbers under his watch.

Voting for Democrats isn't voting for gun control.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 14:19]

Tummer, WTF! on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 1375 viewsEbo

Tummer, WTF! on 13:55 - Aug 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

No, I didn't vote for Obama, who did literally nothing in 8 years, even though mass shootings hit all time record numbers under his watch.

Not being funny like but this is just this year under the orange idiots watch:

A list of all mass shootings in the USA in 2019:

8/3/19 El Paso, Texas
8/2/19 Pomfret, Maryland
7/31/19 Elkhart, Indiana
7/30/19 Southaven, Mississippi
7/30/19 Haskell, Oklahoma
7/30/19 Rosenberg, Texas
7/30/19 Columbus, Ohio
7/28/19 Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
7/28/19 Gilroy, California
7/28/19 Uniontown, Pennsylvania
7/28/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7/28/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/28/19 Washington, D.C.
7/27/19 Wichita, Kansas
7/27/19 Brooklyn, New York
7/25/19 Albemarle, North Carolina
7/25/19 Los Angeles, California
7/23/19 Pembroke Park, Florida
7/21/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/21/19 Washington, D.C.
7/20/19 Jersey City, New Jersey
7/20/19 Clairton, Pennsylvania
7/20/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/18/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/17/19 Lubbock, Texas
7/16/19 San Antonio, Texas
7/15/19 New Orleans, Louisiana
7/15/19 Atlanta, Georgia
7/15/19 Baltimore, Maryland
7/13/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7/13/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/11/19 Houston, Texas
7/8/19 Manson, North Carolina
7/8/19 Washington, D.C.
7/7/19 Flint, Michigan
7/7/19 Wichita, Kansas
7/7/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/7/19 Albuquerque, New Mexico
7/6/19 San Jose, California
7/6/19 St. Clair Shores, Michigan
7/6/19 Charlotte, North Carolina
7/5/19 Brooklyn, New York
7/5/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/5/19 Reno, Nevada
7/5/19 Gravette, Arkansas
7/5/19 Boston, Massachusetts
7/4/19 Chicago, Illinois
7/4/19 Los Angeles, California
7/4/19 Rockford, Illinois
7/4/19 Fresno, California
7/3/19 Katy, Texas
7/2/19 Washington Park, Illinois
7/2/19 Wellston, Missouri
7/1/19 Baltimore, Maryland
6/30/19 Oakland, California
6/30/19 Yucaipa, California
6/30/19 Dallas, Texas
6/30/19 Bay Shore, New York
6/29/19 Baton Rouge, Louisiana
6/29/19 Hartford, Connecticut
6/29/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/28/19 Atlanta, Georgia
6/28/19 Paterson, New Jersey
6/28/19 Hamden, Connecticut
6/27/19 Atlanta, Georgia
6/26/19 Akron, Ohio
6/23/19 San Jose, California
6/23/19 Abbeville, South Carolina
6/23/19 Columbus, Ohio
6/23/19 La Jolla, California
6/23/19 South Bend, Indiana
6/22/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6/22/19 Hampton, Virginia
6/22/19 Baltimore, Maryland
6/21/19 Saginaw, Michigan
6/21/19 Richmond, California
6/21/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/20/19 Allentown, Pennsylvania
6/18/19 Newark, New Jersey
6/17/19 San Antonio, Texas
6/17/19 Memphis, Tennessee
6/16/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6/16/19 Louisville, Kentucky
6/16/19 Des Moines, Iowa
6/15/19 Shreveport, Louisiana
6/15/19 West Des Moines, Iowa
6/12/19 Charlotte, North Carolina
6/11/19 Savannah, Georgia
6/11/19 Aurora, Colorado
6/9/19 Henning, Tennessee
6/9/19 Buffalo, New York
6/9/19 Cleveland, Ohio
6/8/19 White Swan, Washington
6/8/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/7/19 Austin, Texas
6/6/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/5/19 Santa Rosa, California
6/1/19 Portsmouth, Virginia
6/1/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/1/19 Chicago, Illinois
6/1/19 Atlanta, Georgia
6/1/19 Macon, Georgia
6/1/19 Allendale, South Carolina
5/31/19 Virginia Beach, Virginia
5/30/19 Robbins, Illinois
5/29/19 Cleveland, Texas
5/27/19 Trenton, New Jersey
5/27/19 Washington D.C.
5/26/19 Stockton, California
5/26/19 La Crosse, Virginia
5/26/19 Washington D.C.
5/26/19 Chicago, Illinois
5/25/19 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5/25/19 Baltimore, Maryland
5/25/19 Chesapeake, Virginia
5/25/19 Trenton, New Jersey
5/20/19 Alexandria, Louisiana
5/20/19 Columbus, Ohio
5/20/19 Tulsa, Oklahoma
5/19/19 Portland, Oregon
5/18/19 Cascilla, Mississippi
5/18/19 Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5/18/19 Atmore, Alabama
5/18/19 Long Beach, California
5/18/19 Winston-Salem, North Carolina
5/18/19 Muncie, Indiana
5/17/19 Sacramento, California
5/16/19 Cleveland, Ohio
5/15/19 St. Rose, Louisiana
5/13/19 St. Louis, Missouri
5/13/19 New Orleans, Louisiana
5/11/19 Paulsboro, New Jersey
5/11/19 Chestnuthill Township, Pennsylvania
5/10/19 St. Louis, Missouri
5/10/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5/8/19 Indianapolis, Indiana
5/7/19 Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5/5/19 North Bergen, New Jersey
5/5/19 Oceano, California
5/4/19 St. Louis, Missouri
5/4/19 Indianapolis, Indiana
5/4/19 Wilmington, Delaware
5/3/19 Baltimore, Maryland
5/3/19 Baltimore, Maryland
5/3/19 Dallas, Texas
5/1/19 Boston, Massachusetts
4/30/19 Charlotte, North Carolina
4/28/19 West Chester Township, Ohio
4/28/19 Nashville, Tennessee
4/28/19 Birmingham, Alabama
4/28/19 Baltimore, Maryland
4/27/19 Jackson, Mississippi
4/27/19 Jackson, Michigan
4/27/19 Poway, California
4/26/19 Hugo, Oklahoma
4/21/19 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4/21/19 Los Angeles, California
4/20/19 Memphis, Tennessee
4/20/19 Corpus Christi, Texas
4/19/19 Wichita, Kansas
4/18/19 Louisville, Kentucky
4/16/19 Germantown, Maryland
4/14/19 Stockton, California
4/14/19 Vallejo, California
4/14/19 Miami, Florida
4/12/19 Carbondale, Illinois
4/11/19 Phoenix, Arizona
4/11/19 Los Angeles, California
4/11/19 Baltimore, Maryland
4/9/19 Kansas City, Missouri
4/7/19 Shreveport, Louisiana
4/7/19 Indianapolis, Indiana
4/7/19 Winston-Salem, North Carolina
4/7/19 Wilmington, Delaware
4/6/19 Chicago, Illinois
4/6/19 Tallahassee, Florida
4/4/19 Panama City, Florida
4/4/19 Stockbridge, Georgia
4/2/19 Hermanville, Mississippi
4/2/19 Covington, Kentucky
3/31/19 Chicago, Illinois
3/31/19 Atlanta, Georgia
3/31/19 North Charleston, South Carolina
3/28/19 Baltimore, Maryland
3/25/19 North Las Vegas, Nevada
3/24/19 San Francisco, California
3/24/19 Phoenix, Arizona
3/19/19 Phoenix, Arizona
3/17/19 Augusta, Georgia
3/17/19 Las Vegas, Nevada
3/17/19 Rochelle, Georgia
3/16/19 Camden, New Jersey
3/15/19 Mobile, Alabama
3/14/19 Missoula, Montana
3/13/19 Harvey, Illinois
3/11/19 Paterson, New Jersey
3/10/19 Denver, Colorado
3/10/19 Shreveport, Louisiana
3/3/19 Oakland, California
3/3/19 Chicago, Illinois
3/2/19 Pine Bluff, Arkansas
2/28/19 Oakland, California
2/22/19 Birmingham, Alabama
2/21/19 Elizabethtown, Kentucky
2/21/19 Baltimore, Maryland
2/21/19 Houston, Texas
2/20/19 Covington, Tennessee
2/18/19 Solon Township, Michigan
2/17/19 Evansville, Indiana
2/17/19 Henderson, Texas
2/17/19 New Orleans, Louisiana
2/16/19 Clinton, Mississippi
2/15/19 Aurora, Illinois
2/14/19 Jacksonville, Florida
2/11/19 Livingston, Texas
2/9/19 Petersburg, Virginia
2/6/19 Brooklyn, New York
2/6/19 Cleveland, Ohio
2/5/19 San Antonio, Texas
2/4/19 Washington, D.C.
2/4/19 Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2/3/19 Chicago, Illinois
2/1/19 San Diego, California
1/28/19 Houston, Texas
1/27/19 Birmingham, Alabama
1/26/19 Newark, New Jersey
1/26/19 Indianapolis, Indiana
1/26/19 Albany, Georgia
1/26/19 Ascension Parish and Livingston Parish, Louisiana
1/24/19 State College, Pennsylvania
1/24/19 Rockmart, Georgia
1/23/19 Sebring, Florida
1/20/19 Miami, Florida
1/19/19 Gaffney, South Carolina
1/19/19 Jacksonville, Florida
1/19/19 Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1/19/19 Chicago, Illinois
1/19/19 Houston, Texas
1/17/19 Owensboro, Kentucky
1/16/19 Jacksonville, Florida
1/16/19 Palmdale, California
1/15/19 Little Rock, Arkansas
1/13/19 Phoenix, Arizona
1/6/19 Roswell, New Mexico
1/4/19 Hurt, Virginia
1/4/19 Houston, Texas
1/4/19 Torrance, California
1/3/19 Texas City, Texas
1/2/19 Jonesboro, Arkansas
1/1/19 Columbia, South Carolina
1/1/19 Tallahassee, Florida

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tummer, WTF! on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 1355 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer, WTF! on 13:55 - Aug 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

A statement that Obama did ‘literally nothing’ in 8 years is simply untrue. What is true is that many of the things he tried to do were blocked by Congress. It is also true that the beginning of his presidency saw little focus on gun control. Sandy Hook was a turning point.

What is also true is that it isn’t only republicans that blocked him but also democrats.

Trump's speech today which I listened to as I happened to be in the car when he spoke was frankly astonishing in parts, He described the ‘manifesto’ of the El Paso shooter as being full of racist hate speech, while huge parts of it are word for word the language of Trump himself.

But that aside, what was more astonishing, was that the speech firstly described the two killers as being ‘mentally ill’ - presumably without any medical evidence that is, in fact true (although doubtless the El Paso shooter’s lawyers will thank Trump for his ready made defence), secondly blamed the internet and video games (reasonable points to make, although as far as I’m aware the US doesn’t have different internet or video games when compared to, say, here) and completely failed to point the finger of blame at guns (apart from a reference to the mentally ill).

If you compare the US and the UK, we have the same access to violent games, the internet, mental health issues, kids who may be disturbed in some way. Yet we have no mass shootings. Because we don’t have guns. It really is straightforward. But I guess a president that received $30m of support from the NRA, really doesn’t want to bite the hand that feeds.

If, incidentally, there is any truth whatsoever in rumours that trump may agree some gun check measures with the Democrats in Congress in return for them giving him the money he wants for the wall, that may be the most sickening act of his to date.
Tummer, WTF! on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 1339 viewsslate_dk

Tummer, WTF! on 09:04 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

That said, I'm pessimistic that the USA will ever change, at least not in my lifetime. The guns are already out there, and it seems pretty impossible to do anything about the existing supply.

If sweeping gun legislation were to happen, any positive result could take years (maybe generations) to really be evident, and the massive pro gun crowd will just say "see it didn't work, and the criminals still have guns."

The 2017 national ban of bump stocks was significant, but we still have a long way to go. I suppose better background checks are the next step.

A law with background checks is already there, but blocked by Moscow Mitch for... is it 6 months. sigh
Tummer, WTF! on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 1339 viewsLuther27

Tummer, WTF! on 17:50 - Aug 5 by londonlisa2001

A statement that Obama did ‘literally nothing’ in 8 years is simply untrue. What is true is that many of the things he tried to do were blocked by Congress. It is also true that the beginning of his presidency saw little focus on gun control. Sandy Hook was a turning point.

What is also true is that it isn’t only republicans that blocked him but also democrats.

Trump's speech today which I listened to as I happened to be in the car when he spoke was frankly astonishing in parts, He described the ‘manifesto’ of the El Paso shooter as being full of racist hate speech, while huge parts of it are word for word the language of Trump himself.

But that aside, what was more astonishing, was that the speech firstly described the two killers as being ‘mentally ill’ - presumably without any medical evidence that is, in fact true (although doubtless the El Paso shooter’s lawyers will thank Trump for his ready made defence), secondly blamed the internet and video games (reasonable points to make, although as far as I’m aware the US doesn’t have different internet or video games when compared to, say, here) and completely failed to point the finger of blame at guns (apart from a reference to the mentally ill).

If you compare the US and the UK, we have the same access to violent games, the internet, mental health issues, kids who may be disturbed in some way. Yet we have no mass shootings. Because we don’t have guns. It really is straightforward. But I guess a president that received $30m of support from the NRA, really doesn’t want to bite the hand that feeds.

If, incidentally, there is any truth whatsoever in rumours that trump may agree some gun check measures with the Democrats in Congress in return for them giving him the money he wants for the wall, that may be the most sickening act of his to date.

To be fair Lisa I'd like to think no sane person would do what the gunmen did to innocent people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024