Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An opportunity to show our appreciation 17:36 - Aug 29 with 4913 viewsboromat

In the event that the recent events at gigg lane are final and Bury remain kicked out of the league I was wondering if people agreed that it might be a good opportunity to tip the hat as it were to them. We've had a lot of banter with them, we've seen it coming for years etc however at the end of the day seeing a club self implode like it hasn isn't great for the game. And I do genuinely feel for the few Bury fans that have spoken up over the years.

How about a banner at the Man U match. "We'd rather be playing Bury!"

Thoughts?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 23:40 - Aug 29 with 1132 viewstony_roch975

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 22:57 - Aug 29 by kel

“and I think we should all show dignity and sympathy with our close neighbors in Bury.”

Agreed. We should show them the same dignity and sympathy they showed to the victims of sexual abuse in Rochdale they so often enjoy singing about.

will I do sympathise with those who will be losing a job and with those fans who didn't support Day etc but have now lost their club - as for the lack of sympathy for the victims of sexual abuse, that's true of many football fans and even more non-fans.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 23:46 - Aug 29 with 1118 viewskel

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 23:40 - Aug 29 by tony_roch975

will I do sympathise with those who will be losing a job and with those fans who didn't support Day etc but have now lost their club - as for the lack of sympathy for the victims of sexual abuse, that's true of many football fans and even more non-fans.

Many football fans and even more non-football fans don’t think it’s amusing to chant about it at a football match or spread their bile on Twitter.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 07:30 - Aug 30 with 994 viewsrkershaw

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 23:46 - Aug 29 by kel

Many football fans and even more non-football fans don’t think it’s amusing to chant about it at a football match or spread their bile on Twitter.

TIME FOR BuRyEXIT !!!
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 07:54 - Aug 30 with 961 viewsboromat

I didn't mean for this thread to take from the near 300 page thread on the topic of Bury. Simply wanted to know if people thought the proposed banner for the UTD match was a good idea.

I'm feeling mixed opinions so I won't bother.

Thread closed.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 08:15 - Aug 30 with 936 viewsSheffield_dale

I think the banner is a great idea. It’s slightly tongue in cheek and would give us good publicity that will help our club, PR-wise. We shouldn’t underestimate the benefits of this.

Bury are gone, rightly so IMHO. The banner isn’t supporting Bury but chastising SD1 and 2 whilst also pointing out how brilliantly we run our club. We have the chance to ‘not be dicks about it all’. I would happily join in holding that banner at Old Trafford.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 08:29 - Aug 30 with 909 viewsSheffield_dale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/246168/how-about-a-banner-a

This may help boromat
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 8:30]
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 13:29 - Aug 30 with 811 viewsParkinsGimp

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:01 - Aug 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Great post 49th.

The thing is, when we were in strife back in the T.C. Era (still hate the lying bankrupt prick) it was years before, with a few clicks on a phone you could check a hell of a lot. If a SD1 or 2 appeared here, we would all be questioning it.

There are at least 100 of us here that, in various different skill sets and backgrounds, who would chase the background, morals and aims of any investor, Judd would have to up his data allowance for the month!!!

There is suddenly some real high level logic appearing on the Beardyman, I know at least 1 are Dale fans trying to help them, I suspect a lot more than 1. I want them back having learnt their lesson, but then I also want them to learn.

Dont forget that dodgy Keytech guy? There were a few keeping a close eye on him, he didnt last long when he found out he couldnt run this little ship excactly how he wanted.
I feel Stewie Day had been waiting for the right club to come along where he could hoodwink the fans and chuck them a Milky Bar every now and then to stop them asking questions. He certainly found that club in bURY, shame they are not there anymore :-)
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024