Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time 16:53 - Sep 28 with 4783 viewsMrSwerve

I pointed out in the match thread after 20-odd minutes that it's one of those games that we need to kill off, otherwise we'll concede a late equaliser.

We didn't create enough chances (at home) against 20th in the league. We played some very pretty football but really were not clinical. Reading were dire.

Gutting draw - fill yer boots.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:00 - Sep 28 with 1309 viewslifelong

I thought Reading were far from dire in the second half, they were by far the better side.I agree with the comments about our midfield, much too weak in the tackle, Reading just strolled through us.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:17 - Sep 28 with 1246 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No pace in the team today

Poor stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 1226 viewsoldcob

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:00 - Sep 28 by lifelong

I thought Reading were far from dire in the second half, they were by far the better side.I agree with the comments about our midfield, much too weak in the tackle, Reading just strolled through us.

Agree. Our mid-field was rubbish today. We scored an early goal and thought we'd done it all. The Reading goal was inevitable with both sides playing toward our goal. Do our mid-field not have the skill to play forward or are the playing under orders? Whichever it doesn't make for entertaining football. The thrill of football is when you are attacking the opposition goal, not sitting on the edge of your seat hoping someone has the nous to get the ball forward when we play across our own penalty area. I know of three unconnected people who have stopped coming to Liberty despite us being in the top two all season, all giving the same reason "frustrating backwards football"
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:32 - Sep 28 with 1204 viewswestside

Sh1te subs.
Would be top.
Poor from cooper.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:33 - Sep 28 with 1198 viewssainthelens

We've seen this so many times. Battering teams in first half , not getting a second goal, knowing that opponents can only play better in 2nd half when our level drops.
It's as if the game becomes too easy for us with a " they'll never score against us attitude ".
We missed the boat last week, and today it sailed away again.
The way this league is we are liable to beat Charlton and lose to Stoke.
Following us for over 40 years.....does not get any less stressful.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:44 - Sep 28 with 1159 viewscentrestandswan

Doesn't take away the fact that today's result was a bad one, but here is something to ponder over Norwich had lost 50% of their whole season's defeats by the end of August ( three matches) they went on to only lose three games the rest of the season. We have as you all know only lost the one game so there is hope.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:46 - Sep 28 with 1155 viewsLord_Bony

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 16:57 - Sep 28 by dickythorpe

We've dropped 5 out of 6 points at home now

Yep

Heartbreaking really. Should have buried this will be much harder later in the season.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:46 - Sep 28 with 1155 viewsTreforys_Jack

Byers coming on as a sub works well, should he be starting? Not for me, ditto Jay Fulton.
Login to get fewer ads

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 18:53 - Sep 28 with 1128 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Byers in particular and Fulton offer little. Celina is off form and as a result our midfield was poor. We missed Routledge's nous today.
Garrick looked like a fast runner who had never seen a football in his life.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 01:49 - Sep 29 with 913 viewsNotLoyal

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 17:40 - Sep 28 by TimTtam

It was a terrible result, but we are still 2nd thanks to other teams losing and drawing. Every one of us (minus you know who) would've been stoked with being 2nd after 9 games.

We'll have poor results like this one and the Forest game. So will every other side. We're just in a form slump at the moment. Even teams that get promoted have them. I briefly followed Lincoln's results in L2 last season cause I have a soft spot for them, and 4 weeks in a row they choked leads to eventually draw. I was convinced they were going to bottle it, but they got out of the slump and easily won the league. We just have to try and fight our way out of it too.

Despite the result, I thought we looked slightly better in attack. We have two former PL players up front - goals will come eventually. We are T-8th for goals scored, which isn't bad.

As for team selection, I think Byers needs to go back to the bench. He's looked good when coming on for the 2nd half. That would allow Celina into the no.10 role, and a winger can be brought in. Garrick looked very good, but 15 minutes isn't enough time. I didn't mind Cooper's subs, but they were pretty late on.

Terrible result would mean we lost.
We didn't.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 05:03 - Sep 29 with 880 viewsTimTtam

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 01:49 - Sep 29 by NotLoyal

Terrible result would mean we lost.
We didn't.

The scorecard says it was a draw, but in the context of our season, that was a loss. We won't win them all, but we should be aiming to win every single home game against bottom-half of the table opposition. At the 88th minute, we were leading 1-0 and were just 5 minutes away from going to the top of the table. This was a terrible result.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 08:15 - Sep 29 with 851 viewsMrSwerve

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 05:03 - Sep 29 by TimTtam

The scorecard says it was a draw, but in the context of our season, that was a loss. We won't win them all, but we should be aiming to win every single home game against bottom-half of the table opposition. At the 88th minute, we were leading 1-0 and were just 5 minutes away from going to the top of the table. This was a terrible result.

Yep, a draw against a poor Reading side that should have been killed off in the first half hour. Another late goal conceded at the Liberty. Bad result.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 09:46 - Sep 30 with 710 viewsdameedna

We are where we deserve to be.

West Brom have drawn a lot of games and are top.

Leeds are show ponies and lack our fire power.

First to click establishes a gap.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 697 viewsandypitt56

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 09:46 - Sep 30 by dameedna

We are where we deserve to be.

West Brom have drawn a lot of games and are top.

Leeds are show ponies and lack our fire power.

First to click establishes a gap.

A bit of perspective who would have thought at the start of the season that we would be 2nd? I know i didn't. Also we haven't clicked yet I still feel we can move up a couple of gears, the games we won in august we could have quite easily lost as we didnt play that well. God help teams when we finally click as a team.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 666 viewssainthelens

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 10:27 - Sep 30 by andypitt56

A bit of perspective who would have thought at the start of the season that we would be 2nd? I know i didn't. Also we haven't clicked yet I still feel we can move up a couple of gears, the games we won in august we could have quite easily lost as we didnt play that well. God help teams when we finally click as a team.

No doubt for me we've lost a little zip coming back from the international break. Bit better v Reading, but our mind set needs improving. The lads know they have the beating of opponents, but putting them away is something we need to learn quickly. By all means coast through a second half when we are 2 or 3 up....like we should have been Saturday.
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 11:31 - Sep 30 with 643 viewsDafyddHuw

"Stating the bleeding obvious" thread
F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 11:37 - Sep 30 with 637 viewsBrynmill_Jack

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 10:48 - Sep 30 by sainthelens

No doubt for me we've lost a little zip coming back from the international break. Bit better v Reading, but our mind set needs improving. The lads know they have the beating of opponents, but putting them away is something we need to learn quickly. By all means coast through a second half when we are 2 or 3 up....like we should have been Saturday.

A nice big dollop of ruthlessness in their porridge this morning would help.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 12:24 - Sep 30 with 601 viewsBadlands

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 16:59 - Sep 28 by Landore_Jack

We didn't do enough to win the game. Our plan was to sit back and absorb their pressure which backfired. Really pissed off. Another game thrown away.

Disagree - our midfield melted so we couldn't play the ball out and Bona with Ayew ended up in midfield or defence just to get a sniff.
At 75 minutes we exchanged a striker and wide forward with ... a centre forward and wide forward.
The on 80 minutes we exchanged one ineffective midfield player for ... an ineffective midfield player.
Had we been sitting back we'd have bought on more defensive subs.
I think Cooper was going for the 2nd goal when he should have been protecting the 1 and accepting a break away if it happened because Reading offered little in attack.
We may be 2nd but apart from Brum have we played well for a whole game?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 15:26 - Sep 30 with 511 viewsTimTtam

F*ck it, I'll say it and save Dwight the time on 12:24 - Sep 30 by Badlands

Disagree - our midfield melted so we couldn't play the ball out and Bona with Ayew ended up in midfield or defence just to get a sniff.
At 75 minutes we exchanged a striker and wide forward with ... a centre forward and wide forward.
The on 80 minutes we exchanged one ineffective midfield player for ... an ineffective midfield player.
Had we been sitting back we'd have bought on more defensive subs.
I think Cooper was going for the 2nd goal when he should have been protecting the 1 and accepting a break away if it happened because Reading offered little in attack.
We may be 2nd but apart from Brum have we played well for a whole game?

Cooper was right to try and get the second goal. if we had parked the bus, he would've been criticised for poor tactics and being too defensive. It's always the right mindset to look for the sealer.

You're right that we haven't played well for a whole game, but it should be seen as a positive. We do have improvement in us. At times we've rode our luck, yet we still sit in 2nd position with 18 points.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024