Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dirty war on the NHS 11:40 - Dec 22 with 4435 viewsCatullus

A film by John Pilger. It's shocking, even when you already knew much of it was happening. It also provides more reasons for getting Tony Blair into a court to face questions. He, along with Alan Milburn lied to the British people. He went about increasing privatisation in the NHS by stealth, he was Thatchers love child in that respect.
The PFI scandal, the NHS borrowed roughly 11 billion but will end up paying back around 80 billion over 30-40 years. That is where much of the money goes.

Watch it and be angry at all of our politicians (including Corbyn for making Labour unelectable)

https://www.itv.com/hub/the-dirty-war-on-the-nhs/2a5959a0001

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The dirty war on the NHS on 19:31 - Dec 23 with 1233 viewsCatullus

The dirty war on the NHS on 19:20 - Dec 23 by Highjack

No you shouldn’t just “give them a chance”. They should have to earn your vote. The reason our system is as shit as it is is because people continue to vote for parties and people they don’t like just because they are considered the least bad option.

Well when I said give them a chance I meant put them in charge of Labour and see how they do. I wasn't promising to vote for them before finding out what they'd stand for! Until they get that chance we don't know if they deserve our votes.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The dirty war on the NHS on 20:13 - Dec 23 with 1211 viewsladyjack

The dirty war on the NHS on 12:38 - Dec 22 by Catullus

Lots of people fell for Blair, myself included. Hindsight should be 100%, apparently not.

It is a shame what is happening to the NHS.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 20:29]
The dirty war on the NHS on 09:18 - Dec 24 with 1121 viewsladyjack

It was a disturbing programme [although in my case I didn't particularly learn anything new] in the same manner as spotlight on the troubles documentaries was, anybody of limited knowledge wanting to pass comment on either subject would be well advised to watch the said programmes first .
The dirty war on the NHS on 10:39 - Dec 24 with 1099 viewsHighjack

The dirty war on the NHS on 19:31 - Dec 23 by Catullus

Well when I said give them a chance I meant put them in charge of Labour and see how they do. I wasn't promising to vote for them before finding out what they'd stand for! Until they get that chance we don't know if they deserve our votes.

A huge part of the problem comes from the selection process where the worst people in the world are chosen. I wouldn’t trust most of them to wash my car let alone run a constituency. Couple that with the several hundreds of safe seats these terrible people are inevitably parachuted in to. They’ve got a job for life and they haven’t bloody done anything. Then at the top we are left with the unenviable binary choice between a overtly maverick serial liar who will literally blurt out whatever nonsense his coke addled brain comes up with at any given moment, or a moronic overaged student activist who genuinely hates Britain and has a long history of siding with everyone who would like to destroy us.

It’s Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich every single time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:09 - Dec 24 with 1087 viewsBarrySwan

The dirty war on the NHS on 14:35 - Dec 22 by Lohengrin

” The ideal one though? John Smith.”

I’ve read this sort of comment umpteen times in the last few years and I’m at a loss as to how and why this myth of Smith as Labour’s great lost leader sustains itself?

Most if not all of us on here are old enough to remember him and my memory is of a party functionary who spent the first half of the ‘80s tethered to Denis Healey then latterly Roy Hattersley. Playing the straight man to two career politicians who had become to all intents and purposes indistinguishable from their Spitting Image caricatures.

I’m not suggesting Smith wasn’t a nice chap, I’m sure he was, but I fail to discern in him the originality of thought or any semblance of the charisma inherent in a ‘Leader.’

Perhaps I expect too much?

I always think exactly the same myself.

I remember John Smith as an uncharismatic nothingy blinking owl of a politician.

Theres always the Coatbridge / Airdrie Monklands council shenanigans to remember as well of course for those of us who lived in Scotland at the time.

I'm at a total loss as to why he is constantly. held up as a lost beacon of hope to loads of deluded Labour Party supporters
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 11:15]
The dirty war on the NHS on 11:21 - Dec 24 with 1067 viewsHighjack

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:09 - Dec 24 by BarrySwan

I remember John Smith as an uncharismatic nothingy blinking owl of a politician.

Theres always the Coatbridge / Airdrie Monklands council shenanigans to remember as well of course for those of us who lived in Scotland at the time.

I'm at a total loss as to why he is constantly. held up as a lost beacon of hope to loads of deluded Labour Party supporters

It’s because that’s what they are told to think.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:26 - Dec 24 with 1063 viewstheloneranger

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:09 - Dec 24 by BarrySwan

John Smith's daughter Catherine said this about her father ...

“I do realise he is a very shiny, almost a bit too perfect example of a politician, partly because he never held office.

“A shorter political career, before you have the rough and tumble of being prime minister, which no doubt he would have been, almost means he is perfectly preserved in time.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:30 - Dec 24 with 1061 viewsexiledclaseboy

If smith had survived he’d have won in 97 because it was Labour’s time and the Tories were so hated. Whether he’d have won three elections with such huge majorities is another debate. I doubt it. Then again, we may not have gone into an illegal war which cost thousands of innocent lives either. Or perhaps we would have given that the vast majority of the country thought it was a great idea at the time despite pretending ever since that they knew it was a terrible thing all along.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:40 - Dec 24 with 1058 viewscontroversial_jack

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:30 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

If smith had survived he’d have won in 97 because it was Labour’s time and the Tories were so hated. Whether he’d have won three elections with such huge majorities is another debate. I doubt it. Then again, we may not have gone into an illegal war which cost thousands of innocent lives either. Or perhaps we would have given that the vast majority of the country thought it was a great idea at the time despite pretending ever since that they knew it was a terrible thing all along.

Exactly! The Govt had the support of the people at time, as it does for every conflict
The dirty war on the NHS on 12:07 - Dec 24 with 1023 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:26 - Dec 24 by theloneranger

John Smith's daughter Catherine said this about her father ...

“I do realise he is a very shiny, almost a bit too perfect example of a politician, partly because he never held office.

“A shorter political career, before you have the rough and tumble of being prime minister, which no doubt he would have been, almost means he is perfectly preserved in time.

Early death is often cynically seen as a great career move.

See JFK, John Lennon etc.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The dirty war on the NHS on 13:38 - Dec 24 with 960 viewsCatullus

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:40 - Dec 24 by controversial_jack

Exactly! The Govt had the support of the people at time, as it does for every conflict

That's ignoring the small thing of the government 'sexing up' the dossier to make it more likely to gain support.
For sexing up of course most of us would say lie. Blair lied and he'd already guaranteed Bush our support in a war that was more to do with resources than with truth and what was right.

A succesful war can help careers. Look at Thatcher, her popularity was plummeting when the Falklands handily came into play.

The dirty war on the NHS on 09:30 - Dec 25 with 882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And yet people yearn for the sensible, centrist policies of the Blair era...............
Can people still be executed for treason in this country?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The dirty war on the NHS on 11:08 - Dec 25 with 862 viewsLohengrin

The dirty war on the NHS on 09:30 - Dec 25 by Brynmill_Jack

And yet people yearn for the sensible, centrist policies of the Blair era...............
Can people still be executed for treason in this country?

The death sentence for treason was abolished under the Crime and Disorder Act in 1998 by Blair with Straw as his Home Secretary.

Coincidence or self-preservation?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The dirty war on the NHS on 18:33 - Dec 27 with 763 viewsNookiejack

It seems deplorable the poaching of nurses and doctors that the NHS undertakes in developing countries such as the Philippines.

How do the poor people of these countries receive medical care if we keep poaching them?
The dirty war on the NHS on 16:25 - Dec 28 with 708 viewsCatullus

The dirty war on the NHS on 18:33 - Dec 27 by Nookiejack

It seems deplorable the poaching of nurses and doctors that the NHS undertakes in developing countries such as the Philippines.

How do the poor people of these countries receive medical care if we keep poaching them?

It's cheaper to poach trained staff from other countries than train our own see. I wonder how healthcare in some of these places is doing since thousands have come here to help us out. I wonder if more people are dying elsewhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024