Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Britain go down the federal route ? 17:38 - Feb 17 with 1384 viewsladyjack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Britain_Bill
Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 17:43 - Feb 17 with 1376 viewsladyjack

Put forward by Tony Benn decades ago (seconded by Jeremy Corbyn).
Get rid of N.Ireland, get rid of the Royal Family, disestablish the church of England, replace the house of Lord's with the house of people, equal amount of men and women in both houses.
England, Scotland and Wales to have their own national parliaments and elected judges and magistrates.
Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 1368 viewsladyjack

If that had been pushed for and passed then Britain would have survived, now the union is on its last legs.
Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 17:51 - Feb 17 with 1354 viewsHighjack

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 17:45 - Feb 17 by ladyjack

If that had been pushed for and passed then Britain would have survived, now the union is on its last legs.

I can’t imagine how it didn’t get through.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 19:45 - Feb 17 with 1292 viewsLohengrin

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 17:51 - Feb 17 by Highjack

I can’t imagine how it didn’t get through.

Come now, your imagination is more than up the task...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 20:31 - Feb 17 with 1258 viewsHighjack

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 19:45 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

I imagine a dimly lit room. Three figures are silhouetted against a crackling fireplace:

“So this is our plan?”

“Yes Tony, it’ll definitely work, or my name isn’t Jeremy Corbyn.”

“Don’t use real names, we could be bugged. What’s our code names again Gerry?”

The third man slaps his head in frustration.

“You’re Bert, he’s Ernie.”

“I thought I was Ernie and he was Bert?”

“I thought I was Bernie?”

“Never mind the damn names, just make sure this bill is passed by no sooner than Tuesday 2:30 at the latest. Countdown is on and I want to record the music for when my next bomb goes off.”

“I love countdown, i got a four letter word once and Diane is great on the numbers game”

“What was the word Ernie?”

“Word”

The older gentleman sits back in his chair, takes a suck of his pipe and expertly blows a puff of smoke that forms the shape of Britain. His next puff forms an arrow that pierces the first and smashes it all to pieces.

“Yes. We simply cannot fail. This time by Tuesday at three o clock we will be victorious. Nothing can stop us now.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 20:33 - Feb 17 with 1257 viewsLohengrin

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 20:31 - Feb 17 by Highjack

I imagine a dimly lit room. Three figures are silhouetted against a crackling fireplace:

“So this is our plan?”

“Never mind the damn names, just make sure this bill is passed by no sooner than Tuesday 2:30 at the latest. Countdown is on and I want to record the music for when my next bomb goes off.”

“I love countdown, i got a four letter word once and Diane is great on the numbers game”

“Word”

The older gentleman sits back in his chair, takes a suck of his pipe and expertly blows a puff of smoke that forms the shape of Britain. His next puff forms an arrow that pierces the first and smashes it all to pieces.

“Yes. We simply cannot fail. This time by Tuesday at three o clock we will be victorious. Nothing can stop us now.”

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 10:09 - Feb 18 with 1165 viewsCatullus

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 20:31 - Feb 17 by Highjack

“So this is our plan?”

“Word”

In the adjoining room the silent assassin, codename burgerking, sat waiting for his lord and master, planning the removal of all Royals and their acolytes and the redistribution of property to the poorest though he had his eyes on keeping Buck house for himself.

Maybe we should go federal. We can have a vastly smaller Westminster that has regional MP's, England gets it's own parliament...but it's ptobably too late. Devolution has done as much damage to the union as anything, the horse has bolted.
If the English start looking at the financial implications they might just deide they don't want the union either, dump the other 'home nations' and they might have a whole load more money just for England.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 11:48 - Feb 18 with 1135 viewsNotLoyal

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 19:45 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

That labour guy Moseley would have sorted them out 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 1081 viewswestwalesed

I opened this and thought ooooh interesting then immediately switched off at “ged rid of Northern Ireland”

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:34 - Feb 18 with 1068 viewsladyjack

The North of Ireland is geographically not Britain it's part of the island of Ireland.
Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:16 - Feb 18 with 1039 viewsCatullus

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:34 - Feb 18 by ladyjack

The North of Ireland is geographically not Britain it's part of the island of Ireland.

Many countries have or have had overseas territories, geography aside, it's democracy that matters. If people in Northern Ireland want to be British it's their choice. Maybe it's time their opinion was sought though, let people choose if they want, they can repent (or not) at liesure afterwards.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:16 - Feb 18 with 1039 viewswestwalesed

That's absolutely correct.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:38 - Feb 18 with 1020 viewsHighjack

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:16 - Feb 18 by westwalesed

That's absolutely correct.

I believe Northern Ireland is towards the north of the Island of Ireland.

This is top level advanced geography right here.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 959 viewswestwalesed

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:38 - Feb 18 by Highjack

I know right it amazed me when I found out!

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 11:07 - Feb 19 with 955 viewsLohengrin

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 11:48 - Feb 18 by NotLoyal

That labour guy Moseley would have sorted them out 😂

Mosley was an advocate of devolution, he would have sorted it out.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 953 viewsLohengrin

Which forms part of the geographically delineated ‘British Isles.’

Deus hoc vult!

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsbangorjack

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 16:38 - Feb 18 by Highjack

Although interestingly (or maybe not), the most northerly point of the Republic of Ireland is further north than the most northerly point of Northern Ireland...
Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:14 - Feb 19 with 908 viewsCatullus

This is turning into some sort of crusade.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:18 - Feb 19 with 904 viewsHighjack

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:11 - Feb 19 by bangorjack

Although interestingly (or maybe not), the most northerly point of the Republic of Ireland is further north than the most northerly point of Northern Ireland...

Yes and Greenland isn’t very green. Most of it is white.

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:42 - Feb 19 with 886 viewsLohengrin

Should Britain go down the federal route ? on 14:14 - Feb 19 by Catullus

This is turning into some sort of crusade.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024