Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off's On 17:14 - May 15 with 3119 viewsbwildered

Surprised to say the least. A unanimous vote by clubs to end the season, however a vote with automatic promotion with no play off games would surely have got through by the majority. But playing three playoff matches, possibly at neutral grounds and behind closed doors is just crazy for the four clubs only, and now unrepresents the clubs which already forlough players and now does not replicate league positions for the end of season.
What happens if the L1 clubs vote against relegation, likely has at present u able to agree to any agreement.
To have play off matches, is still taking risks for all players and staff, which is not part of the government guidelines.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Play Off's On on 21:38 - Jun 14 with 527 viewsGOSBTS

The Play Off's On on 20:41 - Jun 14 by wessex_exile

Another unenviable piece of history for the U’s v Exeter - not only were we the first team to get knocked out of the FA Cup without conceding a goal against the Grecians, but now we play each other in the first ever play-off match behind closed doors.

Great stat! I've just ordered my programme for the first leg. Not only do I want to read it but also it's a fantastic keepsake to tell the grandchildren about one day: "the U's made the playoffs but it was behind closed doors because..."

I'm extremely excited about Thursday, even moreso after watching the highlights posted by mfb of the Carlisle game. I was actually at Portman Road that day. I not only enjoyed seeing Coventry get 3 points (and secure the title) but coming out of the ground I was elated to find out we'd beaten Carlisle 3-0! An even bigger result if we'd realised the implications at the time.

Gerry's right about Cowling's statement: great and honest as usual, a credit to the club. I have a really good feeling about the playoffs you know. I just hope that Northampton can knock out Cheltenham as I'd be fearful of playing them again after that 2-0 loss in the home game before the lockdown.
The Play Off's On on 12:15 - Jun 15 with 484 viewsburnsieespana

The Play Off's On on 21:38 - Jun 14 by GOSBTS

Great stat! I've just ordered my programme for the first leg. Not only do I want to read it but also it's a fantastic keepsake to tell the grandchildren about one day: "the U's made the playoffs but it was behind closed doors because..."

I'm extremely excited about Thursday, even moreso after watching the highlights posted by mfb of the Carlisle game. I was actually at Portman Road that day. I not only enjoyed seeing Coventry get 3 points (and secure the title) but coming out of the ground I was elated to find out we'd beaten Carlisle 3-0! An even bigger result if we'd realised the implications at the time.

Gerry's right about Cowling's statement: great and honest as usual, a credit to the club. I have a really good feeling about the playoffs you know. I just hope that Northampton can knock out Cheltenham as I'd be fearful of playing them again after that 2-0 loss in the home game before the lockdown.

GOSBTS seem to recall way back in the Autumn you predicted Colchester were a team well equipped for the playoffs! Bet you could never in your wildest dreams have imagined how we would reach them!
The Play Off's On on 20:54 - Jun 15 with 447 viewsGOSBTS

The Play Off's On on 12:15 - Jun 15 by burnsieespana

GOSBTS seem to recall way back in the Autumn you predicted Colchester were a team well equipped for the playoffs! Bet you could never in your wildest dreams have imagined how we would reach them!

You're right burnie, I had always seen us as solid playoff contenders but not quite consistent enough for the automatics - never did I think we'd reach it in this fashion though! I'm really hopeful for the semis. Before the lockdown we were very good on the road and we have risen to the occasion in many of the big games we've had this year. Can't wait for Thursday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024