Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … 20:56 - Nov 4 with 5438 viewsbonymine

My personal experiences …(excluding Wembley) are ;

Preston
Wigan
Bury
Reading

Quite strange as they’re all outside Div 1/Premier League where we regularly took 3k away and I was part of many of those special experiences too !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:15 - Nov 4 with 3212 viewsBoundy

Bury for me , we had 2 stands full with Bury season ticket holders asked to move to accommodate us all 7.000 k in the ground and over 2/3rds were Swans. manic day and weekend in Blackpool

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:24 - Nov 4 with 3192 viewsLohengrin

Sheffield United away in the FA Cup back in 2006 was massive, thinking back.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:48 - Nov 4 with 3133 viewsbuilthjack

Preston.
Officially 10,000.
Probably 12-13,000.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:58 - Nov 4 with 3129 viewsKeithHaynes

The Wembley followings we had make Cardiff look non league.
However, the Millenium v Carlisle was impressive, and Barnsley in the play off. My word Cardiff was black and white that day. 35,000 plus.

I’ve had to add an edit. Ninian when we drew 3-3. We were in all four stands that day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 3105 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:58 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

However, the Millenium v Carlisle was impressive, and Barnsley in the play off. My word Cardiff was black and white that day. 35,000 plus.

I’ve had to add an edit. Ninian when we drew 3-3. We were in all four stands that day.

How? We sold out Wembley every time, the final v Pompey is still the record attendance I believe.
I was at the Carlisle game here, hardly everywhere were you, the south end of st Mary street you mean yeah? It always amazed me back in the day how we would take twice what you brought to us.
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:11 - Nov 4 with 3102 viewsBoundy

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:58 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

I met inadvertently Matthew Bound that day in Cardiff, nice guy ( to talk to) not sure about his principles though.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:12 - Nov 4 with 3102 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:10 - Nov 4 by bennytheblue

How? We sold out Wembley every time, the final v Pompey is still the record attendance I believe.
I was at the Carlisle game here, hardly everywhere were you, the south end of st Mary street you mean yeah? It always amazed me back in the day how we would take twice what you brought to us.

I’m sorry but you are trying too hard mate, you have to face the truth, even in Cardiff.
As I said the 3-3 we had every side of the ground, and the palace third tie in the fa cup, attendance was 22k plus, we had over 20k plus that night. Sorry bud, but sometimes the coffee needs percolating. Properly 👍 You’ve never come close.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:17 - Nov 4 with 3079 viewsbuilthjack

You might have sold out v Pompey, but the trouble was, half your tickets were sold to Pompey fans.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 with 3069 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:17 - Nov 4 by builthjack

You might have sold out v Pompey, but the trouble was, half your tickets were sold to Pompey fans.

As if…ffs….you lot are insane
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 with 3067 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 by bennytheblue

As if…ffs….you lot are insane

It’s the truth mate, accept it.
Edit, Liverpool was even more embarrassing.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 3046 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Loads of Liverpool fans had tickets in your end for the League cup final you lost. We took 43,500 to Wembley for the play off final, the FA cup finals always have loads for FA hangers on. He’ll we even had some in the reading end! You’re smaller than us, you just can’t accept it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:39 - Nov 4 with 3042 viewsbuilthjack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

The funny thing was half the Cardiff fans turned up with red shirts on, their home kit that season. Bit thick see.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:39 - Nov 4 with 3045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:48 - Nov 4 by builthjack

Preston.
Officially 10,000.
Probably 12-13,000.

Was there as a 13?year old. Took my breath away

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:41 - Nov 4 with 3050 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:38 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Loads of Liverpool fans had tickets in your end for the League cup final you lost. We took 43,500 to Wembley for the play off final, the FA cup finals always have loads for FA hangers on. He’ll we even had some in the reading end! You’re smaller than us, you just can’t accept it

Is that the same Liverpool the swans demolished on their way to winning the same trophy 🤭

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:45 - Nov 4 with 3032 viewsNotLoyal

I’m up for this, whose next 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 05:14 - Nov 5 with 2951 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:41 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Is that the same Liverpool the swans demolished on their way to winning the same trophy 🤭

Yeah. At Anfield. Chico done em lol

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 06:40 - Nov 5 with 2929 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Dont listen to yer brothers nonsense…delusion. There was the odd few, I think they got what was coming to them also as they were removed. Bit like the Liberty when you played them I hear? They are everywhere in South Wales, a true disease of our time, no doubt getting worse as both our clubs decline.
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 07:31 - Nov 5 with 2887 viewsbuilthjack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 06:40 - Nov 5 by bennytheblue

Dont listen to yer brothers nonsense…delusion. There was the odd few, I think they got what was coming to them also as they were removed. Bit like the Liberty when you played them I hear? They are everywhere in South Wales, a true disease of our time, no doubt getting worse as both our clubs decline.

Your club is in decline. Ours is on the up.
Agree about the PL glory hunters who "support" those big clubs, yet only ever watch them on the telly. They are quite pathetic.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 07:45 - Nov 5 with 2891 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 07:31 - Nov 5 by builthjack

Your club is in decline. Ours is on the up.
Agree about the PL glory hunters who "support" those big clubs, yet only ever watch them on the telly. They are quite pathetic.

I’m not so sure we are on the decline as mental as that might sound, our league position is the worst for a while for sure, a few points in November will help and you can already see chinks of light in what Morrison is trying to do, ie play football. You know we have a lot of decent youth coming through at all levels and for the first time ever, u23. I’m not so daft to think it couldn’t go pear shaped for them, they need some decent old heads around them to nurture them on, that’s the worry if there is one.
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 08:50 - Nov 5 with 2827 views1983

Bristol City a couple of years ago we took
3,000 pisssed up Taff's (and Swansea wanted more tickets) on a Saturday afternoon and not a bubble trip unbelievable what could possibly go wrong !
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 8:52]

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 09:43 - Nov 5 with 2789 viewsCatullus

You'd bring twice to the vetch what we took to Ninian? Quick question what was the capacity of the Grange end? Because I was on there several times when it was rammed full, the whole end now, not the shortened version of later years.

I ask because the away end at the Vetch held 2000, the whole West terrace held 4000 and we'd split it in half. I used to stand in the North bank side of the terrace with my dad and 2 uncles back in the early 70's. We used to put away fans in the enclosure back then.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 09:48 - Nov 5 with 2781 viewsonehunglow

Villa Park.semi final 64.
No motorway too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:08 - Nov 5 with 2745 viewsdna

Liverpool - the Shankly game, literally couldn't move and loads locked out
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:37 - Nov 5 with 2701 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:08 - Nov 5 by dna

Liverpool - the Shankly game, literally couldn't move and loads locked out

Thousands locked out, sad day all round too.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:53 - Nov 5 with 2682 viewsProfessor

Thames Valley Police had prepared for 500-700 Jacks at that Reading game. No wonder it was chaos
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024