Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 32236 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:38 - Jan 13 with 2443 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:08 - Jan 13 by Thrasher6

God there's some miserable people on here....jeez..

😂😂😂😂😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 2378 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:08 - Jan 13 by Thrasher6

You can count the usual suspects on one hand

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:45 - Jan 13 with 2352 viewsonehunglow

The happy clappers have their hands full too.
Literally.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 2334 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:49 - Jan 13 with 2311 viewsbuilthjack

I hope Huddersfield fans have got rid of those clapper things that they used to have.
They drive you mad"

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THURS LATEST on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 2256 viewsKeithHaynes

Pay on the day.

Swansea City supporters can pay on the day for Saturday’s Championship fixture at Huddersfield.

Tickets — priced at £5 in all categories — are available on general sale and will remain so until 3pm on Friday, January 14.

Any supporters who miss that deadline but still want to cheer on Russell Martin’s Swans at the John Smith’s Stadium will be able to purchase on the day.

Supporters are advised that anyone buying an advance ticket from this point up until the end of the general sale window will need to collect their ticket at the John Smith's Stadium on matchday.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THURS LATEST on 16:29 - Jan 13 with 2252 viewsbuilthjack

Anybody within 100 miles of Huddersfield would be crazy not to go. A fiver.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THURS LATEST on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 2243 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I'm heading up on Saturday, tickets arrived today. If I'd realised how good their form is I mightn't have bothered! Won 4 and drawn 1 out of the last five. They're also one of the handful of teams to have avoided any Covid postponements so I expect them to be a lot sharper than us.

I'll travel up in hope but with form and a bumper crowd on their side I can't see anything but a comfortable home win. Ntcham has to start if we're to have any chance without Paterson available, and please god keep Korey Smith away from attacking midfield.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have a decent following up there, between the cheap tickets and it being our first opportunity to watch us play in the flesh for over a month.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:07 - Jan 13 with 2190 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:55 - Jan 11 by sw02sea

Badlands.
I hope you are right, and I’m completely wrong, honestly.
I have supported my team for 50+ years.
Overseen more dross than you can shake a stick at.
And will admit I wanted Steve Cooper gone, (Cooperball) but at the same time totally admiring the fact, he engineered 2 seasons of us reaching the playoffs, and even into a final.
He obviously knew how to set a team up not to loose, and put a W in the win column, with very limited resources.
You never heard him make excuses (non negotiables) he just got on with the job in hand, even with no backing from the Yanks.

All you seem to here from Martin is excuses.
No preseason, players not fit, I’ve trained them too hard in the 2 week break, 3 games a week, players not carrying out my instructions, and the latest…. RUSSELL MARTIN | WE WERE ARCHITECTS OF OUR OWN DOWNFALL
I googled quotes for excuses, and this one sums him up in my humble opinion ~~>

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ―George Washington Carver

No backing fro the Yanks. Get this list of players

Gallagher £30m+
Brewster £24m
Guehi £20m
Gibbs White Premier league regular with Wolves.
Ayew £80k a week
Woodman England u19
Surridge England u21
Wilmott England u21
Peterson £1m not played

No centre forward Goykeres established at Coventry but let go. Good pros like Van de Horn of big wages. Celina hot and cold but not too shabby.

Morris and Arriola were Yankee crocks while Gibbs White was "unlucky".

I get the narrative. Cooper like the fans like to play hard done by. It just does not wash.

Martin is now in no excuses land. Progress is required. Cooper never played Hamer or Benda even in cup ties. Cooper had lots of trouble beating Huddersfield including a 4-1 drubbing.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THURS LATEST on 20:31 - Jan 13 with 2114 viewsGixerJack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THURS LATEST on 16:51 - Jan 13 by LittleEnglandJack

I'm heading up on Saturday, tickets arrived today. If I'd realised how good their form is I mightn't have bothered! Won 4 and drawn 1 out of the last five. They're also one of the handful of teams to have avoided any Covid postponements so I expect them to be a lot sharper than us.

I'll travel up in hope but with form and a bumper crowd on their side I can't see anything but a comfortable home win. Ntcham has to start if we're to have any chance without Paterson available, and please god keep Korey Smith away from attacking midfield.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have a decent following up there, between the cheap tickets and it being our first opportunity to watch us play in the flesh for over a month.

Ordered and paid for mine over the phone and collected from the ticket office today (£7.50 for a £5 ticket… WTF… how does that work?). Ah well, travelling up Saturday and staying overnight in the Cambridge hotel

Anyone got any pub recommendations for a post match drink?
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 01:49 - Jan 14 with 1999 viewsGruffStephens

Latest form guide.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 02:54 - Jan 14 with 1989 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:07 - Jan 13 by ReslovenSwan1

No backing fro the Yanks. Get this list of players

Gallagher £30m+
Brewster £24m
Guehi £20m
Gibbs White Premier league regular with Wolves.
Ayew £80k a week
Woodman England u19
Surridge England u21
Wilmott England u21
Peterson £1m not played

No centre forward Goykeres established at Coventry but let go. Good pros like Van de Horn of big wages. Celina hot and cold but not too shabby.

Morris and Arriola were Yankee crocks while Gibbs White was "unlucky".

I get the narrative. Cooper like the fans like to play hard done by. It just does not wash.

Martin is now in no excuses land. Progress is required. Cooper never played Hamer or Benda even in cup ties. Cooper had lots of trouble beating Huddersfield including a 4-1 drubbing.

Wow! We spent £70m+ On 3 players??! That’s incredible, our future is secured.

Or were they only worth that after we developed them and we actually got them on loan for free or nominal fees? Because that sounds to be far more accurate.

As for Gibbs White (the regular for Wolves in the Premier League)… do you mean the player we had for 5 games who wasn’t a regular for Wolves in the Premier League (124 mins in the season prior)… who now plays in the Championship again?

I love the fact you go on about Gyokeres, the guy that can’t even hold down a place at Coventry and hasn’t scored in about 12 games. They seem to have come to the same conclusion we did, but thankfully didn’t cost us 7 figures.

The reality however is that Cooper spent £1m a year to bring in players. Compared to £6m a year under Potter and £5m and counting this season.

Try again.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 3:03]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 08:04 - Jan 14 with 1934 viewsraynor94

Interesting odds for tomorrow Huddersfield 1.7 Swans 1.75 the draw is 2.1

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:56 - Jan 15 with 1639 viewsAndyCole

Put up or shut up, as they say.

So far on this thread the Martinistas are non existent, even the unthinking happy clappers are silent, like meek little lambs. Nobody, including yourself has posted anything positive about our prospects.

What does that tell you ?

The past two terms a clutch of us were always upbeat about our prospects. The most positive of proper fans, always up against the fetid tide of unwarranted discontent of the unthinking masses. Optimism was scorned upon.

Your turn to shine. Rationalise your blind faith against the backdrop of resounding failure this term so far. Share you rationale, paint us the rosy picture you see. Give it yer best shot, and turn around this thread....... jeez.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 02:53 - Jan 15 with 1602 viewsOptimisticJack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:34 - Jan 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope we get the 3 points we so desperately need to maintain the small 4 point gap we have to the ongoing relegation battle.

Not played since anyone else in EFL.
Maybe a contributory factor?

Optimisticjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 08:22 - Jan 15 with 1531 views1462jack

Fair play we have some Pessimists amongst us , how’s about getting behind the team ?

Come on the swans 2-1 win today and the start of a climb up the table , anyone going up be loud be proud be Swansea , just a bit of warning last time I was up there I bought a meat pie , cracking pastry no meat .
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 1497 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758/swansea-city-go-lo

This post has been edited by an administrator

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 1454 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 08:22 - Jan 15 by 1462jack

Fair play we have some Pessimists amongst us , how’s about getting behind the team ?

Come on the swans 2-1 win today and the start of a climb up the table , anyone going up be loud be proud be Swansea , just a bit of warning last time I was up there I bought a meat pie , cracking pastry no meat .

Pity the fans couldnt play .
Im sure we could select a manager who would select players in their best positions.
No amount of happy clapping positive crepe is going to affect our team under this present coach.

BTW,when is the Court action and when will it be seen to help us.

Where has the money gone ?

These are the issues that should bother us not pessimistic/negative moronic posters.

Clearly,people posting "I always support the team through thick and thin are resigned to possible resignation. Hypocrites.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:55 - Jan 15 with 1378 viewsThrasher6

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:56 - Jan 15 by AndyCole

Put up or shut up, as they say.

So far on this thread the Martinistas are non existent, even the unthinking happy clappers are silent, like meek little lambs. Nobody, including yourself has posted anything positive about our prospects.

What does that tell you ?

The past two terms a clutch of us were always upbeat about our prospects. The most positive of proper fans, always up against the fetid tide of unwarranted discontent of the unthinking masses. Optimism was scorned upon.

Your turn to shine. Rationalise your blind faith against the backdrop of resounding failure this term so far. Share you rationale, paint us the rosy picture you see. Give it yer best shot, and turn around this thread....... jeez.

Graham Potter's tenure as Swans manager was littered with odd results...odd formations....and he had plenty of pelters from the usual suspects....
He happens to be managing in the Premier League now....funny that...?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 11:55]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 1347 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:55 - Jan 15 by Thrasher6

Graham Potter's tenure as Swans manager was littered with odd results...odd formations....and he had plenty of pelters from the usual suspects....
He happens to be managing in the Premier League now....funny that...?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 11:55]

Bob Bradley managed in the Premier League too, that isn’t really a barometer of talent.

Potter went to a club willing to spend one of the highest amounts in the league. I think Brighton have spent an ungodly amount that sits them in the top 6-8 in terms of spenders.

He is yet to get them anywhere near a top half finish, time will tell with Potter - he needs to start guiding Brighton to where their money suggests they should be instead of hovering above the relegation zone like he’s been doing.

This season looks a much better one but when it comes to Brighton, it really is silly money. It’s like a quarter of a billion on players over the last 4/5 years.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 12:22]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:04 - Jan 15 with 1298 viewsBadlands

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:19 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Bob Bradley managed in the Premier League too, that isn’t really a barometer of talent.

Potter went to a club willing to spend one of the highest amounts in the league. I think Brighton have spent an ungodly amount that sits them in the top 6-8 in terms of spenders.

He is yet to get them anywhere near a top half finish, time will tell with Potter - he needs to start guiding Brighton to where their money suggests they should be instead of hovering above the relegation zone like he’s been doing.

This season looks a much better one but when it comes to Brighton, it really is silly money. It’s like a quarter of a billion on players over the last 4/5 years.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 12:22]

Potter has kept Brighton in the PL playing watchable football, and it looks like they will finish mid table this season.
Comparisons with BB are stretching it more than a little.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:11 - Jan 15 with 1294 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:04 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Potter has kept Brighton in the PL playing watchable football, and it looks like they will finish mid table this season.
Comparisons with BB are stretching it more than a little.

I didn’t compare, where did you see a comparison? I used Bradley as an example to show that Premier League employment doesn’t mean you are naturally an excellent manager. That gets decided on your performances and if you are guiding your club to finishes that meet their ambitions.

Keeping Brighton in the league is not the remit after the club has spent a quarter of a billion on players, don’t be daft. If it was then the last manager would still be there. They have been underachieving for the last couple of seasons, watchable or not.

They need a top 10 finish this season to finally be performing to their ability.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 13:16]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:21 - Jan 15 with 1277 viewsnantywatcher

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:11 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t compare, where did you see a comparison? I used Bradley as an example to show that Premier League employment doesn’t mean you are naturally an excellent manager. That gets decided on your performances and if you are guiding your club to finishes that meet their ambitions.

Keeping Brighton in the league is not the remit after the club has spent a quarter of a billion on players, don’t be daft. If it was then the last manager would still be there. They have been underachieving for the last couple of seasons, watchable or not.

They need a top 10 finish this season to finally be performing to their ability.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 13:16]

"Watchable." After watching last night's match I think joyful would be a better description - fantastic football for the purists amongst us to enjoy.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 1271 viewsjasper_T

Potter rightly drew criticism in the first half of his visit, when guessing his teamsheet required a crystal ball. It was December before we started naming unchanged sides, performances and results became more consistent, and the praise he was getting all along became deserved.

There was a time on here you'd be accused of "trying to destabilise the club" if you didn't agree that Potter was getting 110% out of a terrible squad. An attitude that Graham himself never shared, of course. He was always very open and honest about how he'd make mistakes and was still learning. Didn't come in with the belief he had all the answers from day one.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:31 - Jan 15 with 1250 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:21 - Jan 15 by nantywatcher

"Watchable." After watching last night's match I think joyful would be a better description - fantastic football for the purists amongst us to enjoy.

Whatever you wish to use, joyful, watchable, supercalafragalistic… whatever descriptive words you want to use, they have been underachieving.

They need high finishes with half an eye on European football, and shouldn’t be anywhere near the dogfight like they have been, barely scraping to 40 points.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024