Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sale of Piroe 11:30 - Feb 24 with 2537 viewssw02sea

Martin states that we require various players in the summer transfer market, to make his
PLAN A work.
You would therefore presume with their previous history, that the Yanks will sell the next saleable asset on the taxi rank ie Piroe, to finance it, rather than dip too much into their already shallow pockets.
Assuming Martin has us playing like Man City, after he’s had a whole preseason with his new and present players, who’s going to score the goals when Plan A kicks in ?
Obafemi, the return of Garrick, Whittaker, Cullen ?
It will be a great shame if/when Joel Piroe goes.
He’s lived off scraps while being with us and still managed to be our top goal scoring striker.
A class act who I’d love to see next season, just to see what he could do when given a decent service.
Knowing the hedgefunders though, I can’t see it happening for one moment.
The sale of Piroe on 11:47 - Feb 24 with 2222 viewsonehunglow

Martin's plan is what exactly?
Ship out anyone who questions him,any golakeeper who wants to clear the ball,any player with pace and for what.

We have effectively lost

Whittaker
Benda

We will lose Piroe for sure and Downes as he will not want to suffer this clown a moment longer. He is holding back talent,he is squashing careers.

Next season,we will have Andy Fisher as number 1 to start and whichever goalkeeper rus likes as a number 2.

There has been enough evidence already that he will cause us more problems than any previous manager if given much more time.

No money to ack him is poor excuse because the damage he will cause will cost us far more. He would certainly see us relegated next season.

Im not stay on the fence any longer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The sale of Piroe on 12:08 - Feb 24 with 2208 viewssw02sea

The sale of Piroe on 11:47 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

Ship out anyone who questions him,any golakeeper who wants to clear the ball,any player with pace and for what.

We have effectively lost

Whittaker
Benda

We will lose Piroe for sure and Downes as he will not want to suffer this clown a moment longer. He is holding back talent,he is squashing careers.

Next season,we will have Andy Fisher as number 1 to start and whichever goalkeeper rus likes as a number 2.

There has been enough evidence already that he will cause us more problems than any previous manager if given much more time.

No money to ack him is poor excuse because the damage he will cause will cost us far more. He would certainly see us relegated next season.

To be honest, the best option for SCFC going forwards, is for us to get hammered most weeks, but collect enough points to comfortably escape relegation.
That way, surely his job becomes untenable even to the yanks, who then give him his P45, and we start again.
Perhaps in a parallel universe, the sale of Piroe could help towards “paying him off” ?
The sale of Piroe on 12:32 - Feb 24 with 2175 viewsonehunglow

The sale of Piroe on 12:08 - Feb 24 by sw02sea

To be honest, the best option for SCFC going forwards, is for us to get hammered most weeks, but collect enough points to comfortably escape relegation.
That way, surely his job becomes untenable even to the yanks, who then give him his P45, and we start again.
Perhaps in a parallel universe, the sale of Piroe could help towards “paying him off” ?

I see your point
It is going to take something stark and obvious to see him fired.Losing games isnt hurting as it should.Fans are still defending him even though they are kidding themselves. There is no "plan". Martin is here until he can find the next better paid job and will use us to get there.He will blame everyone but himself for our demise and like Potter,he will will soon forget we ever existed.

I thik we will lose the next three games,at least and the Fulham one might be decisive if Mitro is motivated,which he usually is against our gossamer defence only now he has Andy Fisher to bully as well as an 18 yr old man city stick of a kid.

I reckon another manager would have us straight within a fortnight and he probably wouldnt have any plan at all apart from not wanting his side being humiliated -as we are.

We need to get off our knees ,at least the ones that go to games that is.

Time to shape up

The sale of Piroe on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 2143 viewsonehunglow

I couldn't agree with that really.
He is however deeply devious and contemptible

It's now a matter of time.

We have much work to do yet to have people see he is killing us stone dead.

The sale of Piroe on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 2111 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I don't believe that there will many takers for Piroe so it would be pointless to try and sell.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The sale of Piroe on 14:21 - Feb 24 with 2078 viewskrunchykarrot

The sale of Piroe on 12:08 - Feb 24 by sw02sea

Seriously, i never want my team to lose how about we go unbeaten and bring in some youngers players for experience. And who would you like to replace RM in your cunning plan?
The sale of Piroe on 15:32 - Feb 24 with 2011 viewsReslovenSwan1

Factcheck. Hedgefunders.? Levien is not a hedgefunder. A sports owner for over 10 years.

Silverstin is not a hedgefunder. Never has been as far as I know.

Kaplan part owners and set up a massive financial services company that does have a hedge fund arm.

The 28 investors may be investing under hedge fund terms but that is not proven.

Hedge funds are for high risk investments with no state protection or guarantees and have had a bad reputation in the past. This association is used by anti US owners to discredit the owners with some accusing them of being asset strippers looking to quick flip the club.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The sale of Piroe on 16:43 - Feb 24 with 1972 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The sale of Piroe on 15:32 - Feb 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Factcheck. Hedgefunders.? Levien is not a hedgefunder. A sports owner for over 10 years.

Silverstin is not a hedgefunder. Never has been as far as I know.

Kaplan part owners and set up a massive financial services company that does have a hedge fund arm.

The 28 investors may be investing under hedge fund terms but that is not proven.

Hedge funds are for high risk investments with no state protection or guarantees and have had a bad reputation in the past. This association is used by anti US owners to discredit the owners with some accusing them of being asset strippers looking to quick flip the club.

"Hedge funds are for high risk investments with no state protection or guarantees"

Well that proved to be very true.
They lost about $80million in value since they bought the Swans.
Login to get fewer ads

The sale of Piroe on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 1941 viewsSTID2017

We have effectively lost

Whittaker
Benda

Any previous manager ?
Slight exaggeration
Kevin Cullis , Brad Bobbly, Nick Cusack, Harry Gregg ?
Probably more through our long history

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The sale of Piroe on 17:26 - Feb 24 with 1932 viewsWhiterockin

We have effectively lost

Whittaker
Benda

At least you have moved on to relegation next season instead of this season.

The sale of Piroe on 17:36 - Feb 24 with 1915 viewsSTID2017

The sale of Piroe on 12:32 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

I see your point
It is going to take something stark and obvious to see him fired.Losing games isnt hurting as it should.Fans are still defending him even though they are kidding themselves. There is no "plan". Martin is here until he can find the next better paid job and will use us to get there.He will blame everyone but himself for our demise and like Potter,he will will soon forget we ever existed.

I thik we will lose the next three games,at least and the Fulham one might be decisive if Mitro is motivated,which he usually is against our gossamer defence only now he has Andy Fisher to bully as well as an 18 yr old man city stick of a kid.

I reckon another manager would have us straight within a fortnight and he probably wouldnt have any plan at all apart from not wanting his side being humiliated -as we are.

We need to get off our knees ,at least the ones that go to games that is.

Time to shape up

Not quite sure that adds up.
I accept in your opinion he is awful and needs sacking.
Although I am at the moment in the camp of I hope he can improve us and therefore stay.
However based on what you and quite a few others say on here, he is doing a rubbish job and as you stated elsewhere he is on your opinion our worst ever manager, then who is going to employ him and what " better job" is he holding out for ?
I cannot see a queue of clubs cueing for his services atm, especially those that could offer a better job ?

The sale of Piroe on 18:17 - Feb 24 with 1879 viewsCatullus

I don't see our owners selling Piroe. he appears to be a massive bargain and we'd struggle to replace him. We may get offers for him though.

I think we are in no mans land. We don't have the money to buy the quality Martin wants and needs so we'd need to lower the wages bill/sell players but our squad is already thin. If we had the quality in the first 15/16 but nothing to back it up, it's still a problem when the inevitable injuries/illness and suspensions kick in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sale of Piroe on 21:33 - Feb 24 with 1774 viewsSTID2017

The sale of Piroe on 18:17 - Feb 24 by Catullus

I don't see our owners selling Piroe. he appears to be a massive bargain and we'd struggle to replace him. We may get offers for him though.

I think we are in no mans land. We don't have the money to buy the quality Martin wants and needs so we'd need to lower the wages bill/sell players but our squad is already thin. If we had the quality in the first 15/16 but nothing to back it up, it's still a problem when the inevitable injuries/illness and suspensions kick in.

I suppose it depends what the offers are.
If decent enough then maybe they would sell ?
By doing so may allow Martin to bring in a few of the other players he needs ?
Not saying I agree with selling him but may happen

The sale of Piroe on 22:38 - Feb 24 with 1730 viewsChief

The sale of Piroe on 18:17 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Just like the numerous others in the past, if an offer comes in from a premier league club the owners would definitely sell him!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The sale of Piroe on 16:35 - Feb 25 with 1620 viewsCatullus

The sale of Piroe on 21:33 - Feb 24 by STID2017

I suppose it depends what the offers are.
If decent enough then maybe they would sell ?
By doing so may allow Martin to bring in a few of the other players he needs ?
Not saying I agree with selling him but may happen

Oh yes it could happen, maybe its more likely that Piroe will ask to leave though?

Thing is I don't see a Championship club matching our valuation except for maybe a newly relegated club. I also don't really expect an EPL club to come looking. There is one thing missing from Piroe's game, pace, and EPl clubs love a striker with pace. I mean, look at Mitrovic, he tears the Championship up but he isn't really quick and he didn't do much in the EPL. I don't remember much interest in him when they came down. I'm not sure an EPl team will take a chance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sale of Piroe on 16:41 - Feb 25 with 1612 viewsWhiterockin

The sale of Piroe on 16:35 - Feb 25 by Catullus

Oh yes it could happen, maybe its more likely that Piroe will ask to leave though?

Thing is I don't see a Championship club matching our valuation except for maybe a newly relegated club. I also don't really expect an EPL club to come looking. There is one thing missing from Piroe's game, pace, and EPl clubs love a striker with pace. I mean, look at Mitrovic, he tears the Championship up but he isn't really quick and he didn't do much in the EPL. I don't remember much interest in him when they came down. I'm not sure an EPl team will take a chance.

I think a bigger thing missing from his game is the ability to head the ball (how many has he scored with his head?) and attack it from set plays and crosses.

The sale of Piroe on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 1589 viewsonehunglow

The sale of Piroe on 17:12 - Feb 24 by STID2017

Any previous manager ?
Slight exaggeration

I stand by every word.
Gregg did not inherit good players .
Bradley was not around long enough but we were no worse .

Cull is was a week

Martin could cause more damage without a shadow of a doubt.

We were in a position to sack those mentioned and lance the boil . With Russ,it seems we have to fester and actually do as HE says

Incredible

We have lost our marbles

The sale of Piroe on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 1537 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sale of Piroe on 16:41 - Feb 25 by Whiterockin

I think a bigger thing missing from his game is the ability to head the ball (how many has he scored with his head?) and attack it from set plays and crosses.

Do you watch our games? How many head high crosses has he had all season? 2? And he’s scored from one of them.

Going back to his saleability he’d be a massive asset for any relegated side and would score goals for fun in any of the top six sides this season. Martin has wasted him utterly and if another club comes calling who’ll double his wages and with realistic promotion ambitions he’ll be gone.

You have no idea how much it pains me to say this.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sale of Piroe on 08:48 - Feb 26 with 1528 viewsjojaca

After watching us all season, the only player making the step up to Premier League is Downes, possibly Benda if we had stuck with him this season. Piroe doesn't have the pace for top flight football.

Even when you know, you never know?

The sale of Piroe on 09:50 - Feb 26 with 1502 viewsWhiterockin

The sale of Piroe on 08:25 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Do you watch our games? How many head high crosses has he had all season? 2? And he’s scored from one of them.

Going back to his saleability he’d be a massive asset for any relegated side and would score goals for fun in any of the top six sides this season. Martin has wasted him utterly and if another club comes calling who’ll double his wages and with realistic promotion ambitions he’ll be gone.

You have no idea how much it pains me to say this.

Off course I watch our games and my opinion stands. As well as crosses I included set plays and believe it or not Piroe is better defensively at set plays than attacking. Piroe is not a good enough striker/number 9 to attract premier league clubs nor a good enough 10. He is fine for us where we are, but to say he will move up the division is currently way off the mark, he needs to improve and he could, time is on his side, but not yet.

The sale of Piroe on 09:50 - Feb 26 with 1499 viewsWhiterockin

The sale of Piroe on 08:48 - Feb 26 by jojaca

After watching us all season, the only player making the step up to Premier League is Downes, possibly Benda if we had stuck with him this season. Piroe doesn't have the pace for top flight football.

Agreed.

The sale of Piroe on 10:50 - Feb 26 with 1469 viewsSTID2017

The sale of Piroe on 17:03 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

I stand by every word.
Gregg did not inherit good players .
Bradley was not around long enough but we were no worse .

Cull is was a week

Martin could cause more damage without a shadow of a doubt.

We were in a position to sack those mentioned and lance the boil . With Russ,it seems we have to fester and actually do as HE says

Incredible

We have lost our marbles

Not actually true with Harry Gregg. He took is to re- election and as for being in a position to sack, if I remember rightly wasn't it around that point we sold the Vetch to the council to keep the club afloat ?
Gregg brought in several of his own players to suit his thuggish style and I believe most fans agree it was the worst of a lot of poor footbaling Swansea sides we have seen

The sale of Piroe on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 1359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sale of Piroe on 09:50 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

Off course I watch our games and my opinion stands. As well as crosses I included set plays and believe it or not Piroe is better defensively at set plays than attacking. Piroe is not a good enough striker/number 9 to attract premier league clubs nor a good enough 10. He is fine for us where we are, but to say he will move up the division is currently way off the mark, he needs to improve and he could, time is on his side, but not yet.

How many decent free kick deliveries have we put into the box all season? And are you mistaking him for a Keiffer Moore or possibly a Julian Allsop type of player?

He’s scored 14 goals from out of thin air, if he had a creative and go forward midfield around him he’d be on at least 25 goals now.

If you reckon he’s a poor striker then I don’t believe you comprehend what you’re seeing.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sale of Piroe on 22:42 - Feb 27 with 1338 viewsDewi1jack

The sale of Piroe on 17:12 - Feb 24 by STID2017

Any previous manager ?
Slight exaggeration

I think you missed one of our more damaging managers.
One G. Monk.
Once he got arsey with the Spaniards and others, life went downhill.
About the same time Dimwit and shagger were plotting by the looks of things

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The sale of Piroe on 23:16 - Feb 27 with 1322 viewsSTID2017

The sale of Piroe on 22:42 - Feb 27 by Dewi1jack

I think you missed one of our more damaging managers.
One G. Monk.
Once he got arsey with the Spaniards and others, life went downhill.
About the same time Dimwit and shagger were plotting by the looks of things

True.
In spite of his much lauded "taking us to our highest EPL position" he killed the decent football we had been playing stone dead.
Apparently still a better manager than the " poor league manager" M. Laudrup?
Opinions eh ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024