Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This time next week 20:07 - Dec 18 with 867 viewsmax936

We'll all be full of Turkey, Stuffing and Sprouts, everyone looking forward to the event?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

This time next week on 20:24 - Dec 18 with 842 viewsCatullus

Bah Humbug.....no sprouts here either. I feel about as Christmassy as Ramadan.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This time next week on 20:29 - Dec 18 with 838 viewsmax936

This time next week on 20:24 - Dec 18 by Catullus

Bah Humbug.....no sprouts here either. I feel about as Christmassy as Ramadan.

Nor me, got some shopping to do somehow, its hasn't been a great last few months, much the same last yr as well, it is what it is I suppose, there's always next year.

This time next week on 20:47 - Dec 18 with 821 viewsJack123

I love fresh sprouts, and I noticed today that they are 19p in Aldi, plus other supermarkets.

And I'm looking forward to it, feeling kind of Chritmassy today, even turned the lights on the tree on.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 20:53]

libera nos a malo

This time next week on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Worst time one year for the old,lonely,sad or recently bereaved.
The pressure from all to “ have a great Christmas” . Just fark off is it.

Turkey used to be a great but now we give it to our digs,sprouts are a joke food and cranberry sauce ….do what.
People gorging on food they don’t rally need after queuing up at a till to hand money over to a disaffected staff member,if you can find one that is.

Roll on summer nights,cold beer ,hot love and watching the sun set in a crimson hue. No Swans to upset you either.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This time next week on 21:41 - Dec 18 with 781 viewsSirjohnalot

Love Christmas. Only time or of year, wife and I get two weeks off together. Relax, go for loads of walks, and try not to do much work. Can’t wait.
This time next week on 21:55 - Dec 18 with 754 viewsJack123

This time next week on 20:53 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Worst time one year for the old,lonely,sad or recently bereaved.
The pressure from all to “ have a great Christmas” . Just fark off is it.

Turkey used to be a great but now we give it to our digs,sprouts are a joke food and cranberry sauce ….do what.
People gorging on food they don’t rally need after queuing up at a till to hand money over to a disaffected staff member,if you can find one that is.

Roll on summer nights,cold beer ,hot love and watching the sun set in a crimson hue. No Swans to upset you either.

You shouldn't be miserable at Christmas Ohl, enjoy the time with your family, watch films and be merry.

I must admit, I have been the bah humbug type for too long now, was it the fact, I didn't like others being happy? Who knows, I will make an effort this year though, to be nice, and just enjoy it.

libera nos a malo

This time next week on 22:27 - Dec 18 with 730 viewsgadgetuk

This time next week on 21:55 - Dec 18 by Jack123

You shouldn't be miserable at Christmas Ohl, enjoy the time with your family, watch films and be merry.

I must admit, I have been the bah humbug type for too long now, was it the fact, I didn't like others being happy? Who knows, I will make an effort this year though, to be nice, and just enjoy it.

Feeling a bit meh about it all tbh
This time next week on 22:52 - Dec 18 with 715 viewsJack123

This time next week on 22:27 - Dec 18 by gadgetuk

Feeling a bit meh about it all tbh

I have only just realised, that this is the first Chrimbo since 2019, that we can do as we please legally,

I don't think I'll be going anywhere, but it's got to be great for the youngsters.. OO takes me back to the valborne in the 80s, asking for christmas kisses.. , it's great, to be back to normal.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

This time next week on 12:57 - Dec 19 with 617 viewsonehunglow

This time next week on 21:55 - Dec 18 by Jack123

Thanks for the reply
It’s not a case of being miserable but not liking the largesse of it all.
Jo a lot has posted today about a suicide and this time of the year brings matters to a head for too many .
I’m not actually really miserable anymore than the average chap . I have a surreal sense of humour really juxtaposed with a rather pitiful tendency to show off.

It’s why on holibobs ,Mrs OHL has to physically restrain me from karaoke as I’m rather obsessed with it when holidaying somewhere warm.
I did a Bob Marley song,Redemption Song ,two years ago in Barbados and two large locals came up to me after I finished and I 5ijght I was in a bit of trouble but they thought it was great ….for a white boy . They bought us a cocktail each too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This time next week on 16:54 - Dec 19 with 584 viewsMrSwerve

Not sure why, but this year I really am not feeling it whatsoever. I'm normally a bit 'bah humbug' about all of the fuss, traffic, busy shops, etc...but this year I could honestly go through to January now and not miss it at all.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This time next week on 17:08 - Dec 19 with 566 viewsmax936

This time next week on 16:54 - Dec 19 by MrSwerve

Not sure why, but this year I really am not feeling it whatsoever. I'm normally a bit 'bah humbug' about all of the fuss, traffic, busy shops, etc...but this year I could honestly go through to January now and not miss it at all.

I'm not feeling it all, just not interested I'll enjoy Christmas dinner etc but that's about it, working all week this week and back in from next Wednesday, pity I can't go on call, because that's what I'd rather do.

This time next week on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 553 viewsMrSwerve

This time next week on 17:08 - Dec 19 by max936

I'm not feeling it all, just not interested I'll enjoy Christmas dinner etc but that's about it, working all week this week and back in from next Wednesday, pity I can't go on call, because that's what I'd rather do.

Same - I'm looking forward to xmas dinner with my parents, but that's about it. Normally I'd put a bit of a hamper together with snacks and sh*t food, but I haven't bothered this year. I haven't even put any lights up outside the house! The wife is kind of feeling the same, but not to the same extent. We put a real tree up and decorated it, etc...but I couldn't give less of a sh*t about it this year.

Maybe in the next couple of years, when we're hoping to try for kids, that spark will light up again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024