Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO 16:34 - Sep 3 with 991 viewsKeithHaynes

Free to get in.

OS -
Swansea City Under-21s are back at the Swansea.com on Monday afternoon as they welcome Hull City to SA1 in their Professional Development League fixture (12pm kick-off).

The young Swans will hope to bounce back from their defeat to Sheffield United last time out, while looking to maintain their 100% win record at the Swansea.com Stadium since the start of last season.

The Tigers opened their PDL season with a victory over Charlton Athletic, but suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat against Millwall at the MKM Stadium last week.

Coach Anthony Wright:

"We will use the time to recover, dust ourselves off and work on the units which need improving after Tuesday against Sheffield.

"It's always a good occasion for the boys to play on a bigger pitch and to be in the stadium, and hopefully there's a decent crowd there to support them just like against Crewe."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 17:38 - Sep 4 with 922 viewsPacemaker

Went along again, a very good performance a decent crowd with plenty of families there.

Some very good players on show again, however no first team players involved this time. This is a marker by these young men and the type of pressing performance I would like to see from the 1st team.

Very hot conditions so it got a bit slower in the second half but a good performance overall.

Liam Smith MOM for me followed by Kyrell Wilson who had two but should have had a hat trick today.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 18:43 - Sep 4 with 877 viewsKeithHaynes

That first goal def onside.
This was as he received the ball.
Wrong frame, but trust me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 866 viewsKeithHaynes

OS

Coach Anthony Wright was a happy man following Swansea City Under-21s'' "terrific" showing at the Swansea.com Stadium as they picked up their second consecutive home win win in the Professional Development League with a 4-0 victory against Hull City.

Kyrrell Wilson netted the first two Swansea goals with a pair of well-taken finishes, before Sam Parker continued his fine start to the campaign with his fourth goal of the season. Thomas Woodward would add Swansea's fourth goal in stoppage time.

It is now seven wins in a row at the Swansea.com Stadium for the professional development phase side and it was also the ideal way to bounce back from defeat at Sheffield United last time out, with the Swans collecting a first clean sheet of the season.

And Wright was "over the moon" with the way the squad controlled the game on and off the ball, on a sunny afternoon in SA1.

“I’m over the moon for the boys today. I thought it was a tale of two halves really, and and we’ve not been too good at adapting in those situations at times," he said.

“In the first half, off the ball, we were superb. We pressed really aggressively against a tough side today, we knew it’d be a test for us.

“I think the shape off the ball, and the way we went after them really upset them, and gave them no rhythm in the game.

“When we were on the ball, we were terrific. We were so brave building through, and we came through with three goals in the first half.

“We were a little disappointed as we could have had two or three more goals in the first half, but we were just a pleasure to watch.

“We weren't good enough with the ball against Sheffield United and we certainly weren’t good off it. But that was our main focus this week, and I think you saw that in the first half, the boys were terrific on and off the ball.

“The second half, especially in the heat, the pace slowed a bit and we don’t want to play that way, but we said we’d stay compact and connect, and focus on keeping a clean sheet.

“Without the ball we were in total control, and then when we got it, we could have had more goals.

“I’m absolutely delighted today; it was always going to be tough for us, but we came through it.”

This post has been edited by an administrator

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 20:40 - Sep 4 with 809 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wilson up from the u18 was electric again before running out of gas and missing s simple chance for his deserved hattrick. Liam Smith was everywhere pressing with speed and hit the post twice.

Bates was the midfield enforcer and did not put a foot wrong after a few stray passes last week. I noticed him a lot more this week. He puts himself about as they say.

Cadogan was fast and tricky and has potential. His finishing should improve. Good composure to lay on the fourth. Falkrie was a big strong centre back. And Parker another busy performance. Watts and Ludvigsen were solid but made some unwise choices playing out from the back into trouble Three times.

Cian Jenkins and Parker just moved to fullbacks when Jones and Myers tired. One senses Parker will be the next u18 local player to make t to the first team.

Wise sage since Toshack era

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 21:11 - Sep 4 with 786 viewsFlashberryjack

Great win for the lads, Kyrrell Wilson looked excellent.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 21:20 - Sep 4 with 781 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do the u21 stay over night or did Hull travel early this morning? This might explain the large scores and home wins and away loses.

Wise sage since Toshack era

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 06:49 - Sep 5 with 702 viewsKeithHaynes

U21: Swansea City v Hull City Monday midday KO on 21:11 - Sep 4 by Flashberryjack

Great win for the lads, Kyrrell Wilson looked excellent.

Pace, energy and determination.

I wonder if the first team were there ? Would have been an education.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024