Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... 12:18 - Mar 13 with 1430 viewstheloneranger

George North retiring from International rugby after Saturday's match ...

Wales: Winnett; Adams, North, Tompkins, Dyer; Costelow, T Williams; Thomas, Dee, Lewis, Jenkins (capt), Beard, Mann, Reffell, Wainwright.

Replacements: E Lloyd, Mathias, H O'Connor, Rowlands, Martin, Hardy, I Lloyd, Grady.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 13:55 - Mar 13 with 958 viewsonehunglow

Gatland funk nuts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:02 - Mar 16 with 825 viewstheloneranger

This is going well.

H/T

Wales 0 v 11 Italy

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:23 - Mar 16 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:02 - Mar 16 by theloneranger

This is going well.

H/T

Wales 0 v 11 Italy

It’s disgusting

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:42 - Mar 16 with 796 viewsTogg

WTF am I watching! Gatland has a free run this season but not next. Basic skill levels are shocking.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:46 - Mar 16 with 794 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:42 - Mar 16 by Togg

WTF am I watching! Gatland has a free run this season but not next. Basic skill levels are shocking.

It’s beyond belief

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:07 - Mar 16 with 777 viewsTogg

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:46 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

It’s beyond belief

I appreciate the rebuilding bit but have we got any potential stand out world class players?
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:10 - Mar 16 with 773 viewsTogg

That scoreline flattered Wales.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:10 - Mar 16 with 771 viewstheloneranger

F/T

Wales 21 v 24 Italy

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:11 - Mar 16 with 770 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:07 - Mar 16 by Togg

I appreciate the rebuilding bit but have we got any potential stand out world class players?

Mate.
That was unforgivable
Wrong team selection
Wrong tactics
That said,our players are not strong or fit enough
That was Italy,where the game is played in a small region of Italy
Enbarassing and it’s spoilt my day
I’m off to find a kitten to kick

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 765 viewsWhiterockin

Just be grateful there is no relegation.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:20 - Mar 16 with 748 viewstheloneranger

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:11 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Mate.
That was unforgivable
Wrong team selection
Wrong tactics
That said,our players are not strong or fit enough
That was Italy,where the game is played in a small region of Italy
Enbarassing and it’s spoilt my day
I’m off to find a kitten to kick

Is that the same Italy that beat Scotland, Wales and drew with France??

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 721 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:20 - Mar 16 by theloneranger

Is that the same Italy that beat Scotland, Wales and drew with France??

Don’t try to make excuses
This is Italy.
It has a very small regional focal point
If you can’t see the pitiful ,innit display as an inidyctment of all that is wrong with welsh rugby then I feel for you.
And yet we try to blackmail players with a 25 cap rule
We bring in two kids for the France game then dump them
This the same awakes that almost beat Scotaland and England ?

South Africa player this year

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 681 viewsbuilthjack

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:14 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Just be grateful there is no relegation.

There lies the problem. It doesn’t matter. Just play the same 5 teams year in year out.
It should be at least 2 divisions, even 3 or 4.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 18:27 - Mar 16 with 656 viewsWhiterockin

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 18:09 - Mar 16 by builthjack

There lies the problem. It doesn’t matter. Just play the same 5 teams year in year out.
It should be at least 2 divisions, even 3 or 4.

You have to feel for Georgia and the fast improving Portugal. They need to be given the chance.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 19:57 - Mar 16 with 611 viewsonehunglow

We deserve to be shat on
WRU appalling

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:48 - Mar 16 with 589 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 15:42 - Mar 16 by Togg

Surely Gatland isn’t responsible for the basic skill levels, that’s something that is down to the players and the regions/clubs as players should be rocking up with the skill set in place.

It just goes to show how poor our domestic game has become
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 581 viewsTogg

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:48 - Mar 16 by majorraglan

Surely Gatland isn’t responsible for the basic skill levels, that’s something that is down to the players and the regions/clubs as players should be rocking up with the skill set in place.

Have to agree . The domestic game in Wales is extremely poor.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 575 viewsWhiterockin

Gatland offered to go.

Gatland resignation offer turned down by WRU chief - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68585149
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 21:23 - Mar 16 with 532 viewsbuilthjack

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:54 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Gatland offered to go.

Gatland resignation offer turned down by WRU chief - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68585149

He has struggled since he came back
Won 1 and lost 9 of his 6 nations game. Awful record.
I heard on the wireless today that he really struggled at Chiefs , I think it said a 30% win rate.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 22:14 - Mar 16 with 496 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 21:23 - Mar 16 by builthjack

He has struggled since he came back
Won 1 and lost 9 of his 6 nations game. Awful record.
I heard on the wireless today that he really struggled at Chiefs , I think it said a 30% win rate.

Pivac struggled with the resources at his disposal and Gatland is experiencing similar issues.

To be fair to Gatland, he inherited a team that was really struggling, he’s lost players because of retirements, injuries, the 25 cap rule etc and he’s trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Who else could come in? Are there better players out there that he’s not picking? I don’t there are to be fair.
The regions aren’t very competitive, they complain that they don’t have enough money and their budgets are dwarfed by the Top 14 (salary cap £8.8m excluding academy developed players), Irish regions are similar and English teams who will have a salary budget of around £6.5m. On top of that, Welsh youngsters heading east can expect an education at a private school.

Welsh players can make big money playing for Wales, but they can also make big money (certainly more than they can get at our regions) playing for English clubs in the Premiership. The 25 cap rule is intended to prevent talented youngster heading over the bridge and further weakening our domestic game, but it’s also damaging our international team. Tbh, I don’t know what the answer is, but the WRU and Gatland have to find answers.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:04 - Mar 16 with 472 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:48 - Mar 16 by majorraglan

His is for team selection
Tactics
Game management
Will to win
Fitness
Physicalitythey train extensively
They study good knows how many videos
Everything is analysedgatlandvis a busted flush

Finally, if Zcostellie is the best we have God help us

First change should be scrapping the cap rule

What didn't help today was a pitiful home crowd
We are an utter embarrassment yet some seek to make excuses

We

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:05 - Mar 16 with 472 viewsbuilthjack

Gatland is on a £585,000 a year salary.
The CEO is on £359,000
Nigel Walker is on £160,000

Yet they want to pay the players a maximum of £100,000.

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:07 - Mar 16 with 472 viewsBarrySwan

This isn't an interim or rebuilding of the national team. Its all we've got.

I've been pointing out for years ( even on national TV news warning of the state of the game over 20 years ago after nagging a TV reporter friend of mine to investigate and run a pice on the six O'Clock news ) that the grass roots game has been neglected to the point that I doubt that parks rugby has more than 4 or 5 years before it collapses.

I'm not entirely sure that the clowns running the show think where the next generation of players good enough for the International game are going to come from when grass roots clubs all over Wales are collapsing at a rate of knots.

The playing base of Welsh rugby is now so low that its almost struggling to call itself a mass participation sport.

I'm afraid that its far too late to save the game in Wales now it needed to be addressed those 20 odd years ago and in truth was probably too late even then.

Those who take their kids down to various clubs youth and mini Rugby set ups on a Sunday morning and insist that there's hundreds of youngsters participating so rugby is in fine fettle clearly don't acknowledge that out of the hundreds participating at such a young age I doubt if 15 of those kids go on to play senior rugby.

Those like myself who actually watch a fair bit of parks rugby up to 1st Divison and Championship level have watched in dismay for years the plight of club after club struggling to put more than one team out or even just the one senior team.

So its not a case of rebuilding the national team there is very little if anything behind the shambles on display today.

We've simply run out of players due to the low numbers playing and the increasingly collapse of the feeder systems below regional and international level.

The level of talent on display today was acutely embarrassing,

If that Wales team on the park today had played the all Blacks this afternoon I'd have put money on a 100 point job personally.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:29 - Mar 16 with 458 viewsmax936

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:07 - Mar 16 by Togg

Nobody can blame Gatland for the lack of quality available to him that blame lies at the door of the incompetent WRU, shocking shambles of sporting committee and still is, Walker the talking horse and Evans can pack their bags and take Gethin Jenkins with them clueless buffoons in jobs for the boys positions.

WRU have have their head in the sands for far to long and its finally caught up with them, totally disorganised and chaotic organisation, who have panicked over the scandal over the misogyny that has obviously gone on for years and the total mismanagement that as also gone on for years, their total neglection of grassroots rugby has come home to roost.

This 25 cap rule needs to be thrown into the Taff, we haven't the player base to be able to apply stupid rules like that one, cutting our noses off to spite our faces, the neglection of grassroots Rugby as cost us to lose quality players we can ill afford to lose to England ffs.

I bet Gatland can't believe the shambles that's been bestowed on him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:34 - Mar 16 with 457 viewsmax936

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 16:46 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Don’t try to make excuses
This is Italy.
It has a very small regional focal point
If you can’t see the pitiful ,innit display as an inidyctment of all that is wrong with welsh rugby then I feel for you.
And yet we try to blackmail players with a 25 cap rule
We bring in two kids for the France game then dump them
This the same awakes that almost beat Scotaland and England ?

South Africa player this year

Italy been improving every year, most of their players play for Benetton who are an excellent team and have improved immensely, well drilled, organised, disciplined and skill full.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024