Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an era 09:47 - Jan 2 with 5524 viewsR17ALE

I'm sure there are plenty on here who have had him knock at your door collecting goldbond and the like, but after a magnificent 20 year stint, Superfan Cloughie is calling it a day this week due to his health not being what it was.

Over the twenty years, Cloughie has mithered the good burghers of Littleborough into parting with nearly half a million quid for his beloved club.

As the person who persuaded him to start doing it back in 1992, it seems only right that I start off by saying well done Cloughie and thank you.

The bike is being hung up, though it wouldn't be out of place in our trophy cabinet!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

End of an era on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 312 viewsregjenkins

End of an era on 22:48 - Jan 2 by blackpoolcol

I've had the pleasure of two spells working at the club with the gold bond and all I can say about Cloughie is that he is an absolute legend.

People talk about Big Reg and Jonah but this is a real legend of the club and he deserves all the accolades that he has had and will get from his fellow supporters.

To put it in perspective Cloughie covered from Littleborough Summit thru to the Lake, up towards Wardle then down to almost Hamer for the club and in reality this was around TEN large rounds

I can only hope that Cloughie will have an enjoyable long retirement from collecting and will be able to watch the full game including some evening games as he didnt get to many as he was that dedicated to his collecting.

I doff my cap to the king of the collectors and a true Legend!

Col

Well Done fella, much respect..enjoy your retirement. Up the Dale..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024