Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ince 22:21 - Jan 16 with 1061 viewsDroylsdenBlue

Not wanting to start a keyboard riot but why wouldn't you want Paul Ince in charge? Does it relate to his time at notts cheaty?
I know some of you have very strong views on this but can you try and explain your reasons without any abuse!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ince on 23:40 - Jan 16 with 983 viewsDoolan_Is_God

I think his attitude displays many of the facets that have made top-tier football so unappealing in recent years. His inability to take any criticism, his lack of respect for officials and his win-at-all-costs attitude all grate on me. He based his game on pushing the rules to the very limit, barking at referees, sly kicks at opponents and generally being a tool. Yes, he was a quality midfielder, but too many of his bad habits have followed him into management for my liking.

If he consistently got results, perhaps this could all be excused but I don't believe his managerial record stands up to any real scrutiny. His success at MK Dons was heavily bankrolled and his time at Blackburn was a mixed bag at best. Add to this the fact that his salary demands are likely to be in excess of those of staff like Phil Brown and Sean O'Driscoll I just can't see it myself.
Ince on 23:47 - Jan 16 with 971 viewsrochdale1987

He hasn't done anything since his first stint at mk dons, where he had a huge budget, at Macclesfield it was ray Mathias pulling the strings, and he transformed a good notts county team into relegation fodder, they would have been relegated with him in charge. We need someone like ronnie Moore , Iain dowie or even Peter Jackson , a good disciplinarian who can steady the ship !
Ince on 23:49 - Jan 16 with 969 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Ince on 23:47 - Jan 16 by rochdale1987

He hasn't done anything since his first stint at mk dons, where he had a huge budget, at Macclesfield it was ray Mathias pulling the strings, and he transformed a good notts county team into relegation fodder, they would have been relegated with him in charge. We need someone like ronnie Moore , Iain dowie or even Peter Jackson , a good disciplinarian who can steady the ship !

Please God not Ronnie Moore!!! Come back Graham Barrow all is forgiven!!!
Ince on 23:52 - Jan 16 with 963 viewsNotEyreClue

It seems to me like he has an attitude problem in terms of, 'I'm too big to be managing in League 1' and that he cares more about his personal reputation than the plight of the club that he's currently managing. Apparently that was the reason behind his sacking at Notts County but unless there's concrete evidence of that then it's all just hearsay.

The fact he's not really done much in management should be enough. It's well documented that he did very little at Macclesfield in terms of keeping them up (I suppose his presence would have helped but that doesn't make him a good manager).

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Ince on 07:55 - Jan 17 with 899 viewsaleanddale

Because he still insists on being called the Guvenor!!

A tool of the highest order. On and off the pitch.
Ince on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 831 viewsTomRAFC

ince certainly knows how to keep a team up but his attitude is shameful

walking out on mk dons because they wouldn't give him a big enough budget and claiming that his race was somehow relevant to his time at blackburn are pathetic

he did a good job keeping macc up and a nice job with a big budget in his first stint at mk but in my eyes he is a bad egg

iain dowie and kevin blackwell are both out of work and i would welcome them well ahead of paul ince

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Ince on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 809 views1907

Dowie isn't out of work though is he, he's a pundit at Sky. You would assume he is commanding a very decent wage there, why would he throw that away to take up this poisoned chalice?
Ince on 10:03 - Jan 17 with 802 viewsmacro

Ince on 09:31 - Jan 17 by TomRAFC

ince certainly knows how to keep a team up but his attitude is shameful

walking out on mk dons because they wouldn't give him a big enough budget and claiming that his race was somehow relevant to his time at blackburn are pathetic

he did a good job keeping macc up and a nice job with a big budget in his first stint at mk but in my eyes he is a bad egg

iain dowie and kevin blackwell are both out of work and i would welcome them well ahead of paul ince

Saw geraint williams mentioned on a bristol rovers post, he's done alright but I'd be gutted if ince was appointed he's too full of his own importance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024