Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commercial activity/marketing 10:41 - Apr 27 with 1536 viewsIcelandDale

NB this a repost from bottom of long thread below. I DEMAND to be read.

What our loyal band of happy 2000 don't seem to realise is the greatest marketing asset of the club is you yourselves. You know how much more fun it is to go to the Dale rather than to Man U or City.

Drag your mates there, bore 'em into it and get effing lucky and pick a Bury at home rather than a Stevenage/Tranmere.

If they're not interested offer to take their kids at your expense, (yes I know we're not made of the stuff).

Posters in the Asda car park etc. and gimcrack gimmicks are a waste of money. As if people don't know when there's a game on ffs.

Having said that, the only other interesting idea I've heard is the proposed scheme to let in season ticket holders of other clubs in for a fiver. Bury and Oldham are a waste of time for this though. We need to go to the big two. Do some market research amongst the red and blue fan base. Let 'em pay on the day and get the turnstiles/catering organised to handle this properly. I think there's something to this. I think we could pick up a short term boost and some real fans in the medium/long term.We have to get beyond the 2000 somehow to survive and god forbid prosper.

Thoughts?
Commercial activity/marketing on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 1483 viewselectricblue

"Having said that, the only other interesting idea I've heard is the proposed scheme to let in season ticket holders of other clubs in for a fiver."

I quite this idea but a big drawback for me would be the match day opposition season ticket holders getting in for a £5er..
Dale would have to make it known that on match days the opponents season ticket holders would pay the normal entrance fee.
otherwise its sound..
I suppose if Dale announced this at a press conference ie on sky/LKO it would create free publicity otherwise it would cost quite a packet in advertising, also to do this Dale must jump the gun and get ahead of everybody else..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Commercial activity/marketing on 11:35 - Apr 27 with 1464 viewsIcelandDale

Commercial activity/marketing on 11:19 - Apr 27 by electricblue

"Having said that, the only other interesting idea I've heard is the proposed scheme to let in season ticket holders of other clubs in for a fiver."

I quite this idea but a big drawback for me would be the match day opposition season ticket holders getting in for a £5er..
Dale would have to make it known that on match days the opponents season ticket holders would pay the normal entrance fee.
otherwise its sound..
I suppose if Dale announced this at a press conference ie on sky/LKO it would create free publicity otherwise it would cost quite a packet in advertising, also to do this Dale must jump the gun and get ahead of everybody else..

Yep , understand that electric. But was thinking such a scheme would be only for Greater Manchester premiership club season ticket holders so no away fan problem.

Agree on need to jump the gun.

Be interesting to email Dunphy/Garlick and see if any the reponse. Dale Trust member out there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024