Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
centre of excellence presentation evening 10:50 - Apr 28 with 1489 viewsmad4it

does anyone know why the centre of excellence presentation evening has been cancelled ??????????
centre of excellence presentation evening on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 1461 viewssupportingboth

Yep purely down to money will be lucky if there is a COE next year as 2 clubs have already cloing next season
centre of excellence presentation evening on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 1419 viewsmad4it

interesting that. so where do our future players come from or are we going the stockport way
centre of excellence presentation evening on 12:26 - Apr 28 with 1394 viewsRochdaleLeeds

centre of excellence presentation evening on 11:12 - Apr 28 by supportingboth

Yep purely down to money will be lucky if there is a COE next year as 2 clubs have already cloing next season

I know this wont be a big discussion on my opinion about the centre of excellence but maybe the club could try follow the footsteps of a few very promising centres (which are all to become 'academies' under the new EPPP). Bury has a very well ran and promising centre, some very good coaches who get involved in the community, they have few full time staff and a number of part timers so finding how they are so successful will help our centre.
Bury have a number of players who are internationals or playing for the national schools teams and these are not players who have been released by bigger clubs/acadmies.
Something Rochdale could try and do would be step up the partnership with Liverpool John Moores University and get good young coaching students to come down for voluntary work (with a pomise for travel money and a good reference if they stick throughout the season), this could get good young motivated coaches in to help with more sports science staff from the university (all would be voluntary as they do with the youth team).
I know funds are low but there is always ways of providing money, Bury centre of excellence players raise money for their own centre doing competitions and getting people to sponsor them. The youth team and centre of excellence should try raise their profile a bit more, i never hear much about them, even if its just the tannoy man announcing previous scores and upcoming fixtures and venues... or is it just me that thinks this?
centre of excellence presentation evening on 12:32 - Apr 28 with 1385 viewsSalwaDale

centre of excellence presentation evening on 12:26 - Apr 28 by RochdaleLeeds

I know this wont be a big discussion on my opinion about the centre of excellence but maybe the club could try follow the footsteps of a few very promising centres (which are all to become 'academies' under the new EPPP). Bury has a very well ran and promising centre, some very good coaches who get involved in the community, they have few full time staff and a number of part timers so finding how they are so successful will help our centre.
Bury have a number of players who are internationals or playing for the national schools teams and these are not players who have been released by bigger clubs/acadmies.
Something Rochdale could try and do would be step up the partnership with Liverpool John Moores University and get good young coaching students to come down for voluntary work (with a pomise for travel money and a good reference if they stick throughout the season), this could get good young motivated coaches in to help with more sports science staff from the university (all would be voluntary as they do with the youth team).
I know funds are low but there is always ways of providing money, Bury centre of excellence players raise money for their own centre doing competitions and getting people to sponsor them. The youth team and centre of excellence should try raise their profile a bit more, i never hear much about them, even if its just the tannoy man announcing previous scores and upcoming fixtures and venues... or is it just me that thinks this?

Very good post.

TBBT

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024